Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2007-08

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    didn't they fire a football coach because his son signed a letter of intent with lsu? was it kipps? my memory is going since i'm aarp, but that rings a bell with me.
    S'mia, always humorous to see you take your shot at us, but there was just a bit more to the Kipps debacle than meets the eye.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    _ didn't they fire a football coach because his son signed a letter of intent with lsu? was it kipps? my memory is going since i'm aarp, but that rings a bell with me. _
    Kyle Kipps signed with LSU. His dad was at the time a coach at UL, not sure if he was fired or forced to resign or left on his own will. Like I said, I didnt start following football until about 2000. So that would be before my time.

GEAUX UL!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ Kyle Kipps signed with LSU. His dad was at the time a coach at UL, not sure if he was fired or forced to resign or left on his own will. Like I said, I didnt start following football until about 2000. So that would be before my time.

GEAUX UL! _
    Stokley didn't handle this situation very well, but in principle he had every right to say and do what he did. Stokley made it known to the coaches, well in advance of the Kipps incident, that he did not want a coach's son playing for another D1A instate school, if he had the opportunity to play for the Cajuns. It was acceptable for a coach's son to go out of state, but not instate D1A. Coach Kipps knew this. But, Kyle wanted to go to LSU. LSU had already started some bad blood with Stokley (regardless of his former LSU QB status) and he made it very clear with Kipps that he could not retain him with the recruiting season in full swing, with Kyle committed to LSU, and face parents and kids across the state saying "you couldn't even get one of your own coach's sons to play for you". Kipps knew the score. But, instead of resigning, he forced Stokley's hand. And, of course, you know how much everyone wants a lawsuit. Kipps sued. The whine was that no father should force his son where to play. That was never the issue. Let him play where he wants. just resign and get a job elsewhere.

No coach or teacher has any control anymore. can you imagine what we'll face in the future when the little leaguers of today (those who all get a trophy just for showing up) are going to be like to deal with when they show up in college. with mommy and daddy in tow!?!? "But daddy, they forced me to wear vermillion. you know I look better in cyan. let's sue them. if Jerry Baldwin can win, who can't?"

I for one am glad Kyle Kipps went to UL. He was a bust. I remember many nights seeing his drunk a** at the Keg after a LSU home game trying to act like THE BIG MAN ON CAMPUS. What a donkey.

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    I for one am glad Kyle Kipps went to UL. He was a bust. I remember many nights seeing his drunk a** at the Keg after a LSU home game trying to act like THE BIG MAN ON CAMPUS. What a donkey.

GEAUX UL!
    Him and John Carbello

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Him and John Carbello _
    At least Corbello earned his scholarship! Although he was known to have a drink or ten.

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Stokley didn't handle this situation very well, but in principle he had every right to say and do what he did. Stokley made it known to the coaches, well in advance of the Kipps incident, that he did not want a coach's son playing for another D1A instate school, if he had the opportunity to play for the Cajuns. It was acceptable for a coach's son to go out of state, but not instate D1A. Coach Kipps knew this. But, Kyle wanted to go to LSU. LSU had already started some bad blood with Stokley (regardless of his former LSU QB status) and he made it very clear with Kipps that he could not retain him with the recruiting season in full swing, with Kyle committed to LSU, and face parents and kids across the state saying "you couldn't even get one of your own coach's sons to play for you". Kipps knew the score. But, instead of resigning, he forced Stokley's hand. And, of course, you know how much everyone wants a lawsuit. Kipps sued. The whine was that no father should force his son where to play. That was never the issue. Let him play where he wants. just resign and get a job elsewhere.

No coach or teacher has any control anymore. can you imagine what we'll face in the future when the little leaguers of today (those who all get a trophy just for showing up) are going to be like to deal with when they show up in college. with mommy and daddy in tow!?!? "But daddy, they forced me to wear vermillion. you know I look better in cyan. let's sue them. if Jerry Baldwin can win, who can't?" _
    Wasn't Kipps also the recruiting coordinator for UL on Stokely's staff? I seem to recall that added even more gasoline to the fire.

8. Track & Field Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ That is fine Sugarland Cajun. I provided the information that was not available to Cajun fans to allow others to read the letter. Many of Silvey's allegations have been made by other coaches and administrators in the past. Obviously we as Cajun fans are not entitled to this letter or the administrations reasons to except his resignation. But there are other concerns in his letter that have been raised in the past that the administration can address today and communicate in a plan of action for athletics. We are still waiting on some type of plan with certain commitments from the administration and futher goals. _
    yea.if UL wants a winning UL track team.they must depend on the heart and soul of ragin cajun spiritnot dependent on equipments to make athletes stronger. there are good runners in the team with such a spirit that silvey doesnt know really well. he was cutting them off so he can look good. he doesnt show respect to athletes at UL. he doesnt show that UL spirit to motivate them.

9. Default Re: Two Ragin' Cajuns Qualify for Regionals at La. Classics

Lance was a good coach i must admit. he's a good risk taker allowing non athletes who have passion for track to run. we know that we must make sacrifices. thats what he did. he doesnt rush his athletes and he motivates them better, giving them time to build their confidence. if they had given lance a chance to coach longer. he would probably get the team to championship level than silvey because Lance showed pride in UL spirit and not a meanie. now silvey had ruined the confidence so the team have to start over again.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Wasn't Kipps also the recruiting coordinator for UL on Stokely's staff? I seem to recall that added even more gasoline to the fire. _
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken man View Post
    yea.if UL wants a winning UL track team.they must depend on the heart and soul of ragin cajun spiritnot dependent on equipments to make athletes stronger. there are good runners in the team with such a spirit that silvey doesnt know really well. he was cutting them off so he can look good. he doesnt show respect to athletes at UL. he doesnt show that UL spirit to motivate them.
    I do not see much hidden talent on UL's track team. We have finished last or second to last the past four years if I am not mistaken. There are a few talented athletes but Silvey did not overlook talent that was already there because there is not any collegiate athletes on that track. No disrespect to those athletes who do run for us but they are not good enough to cut it in the Sunbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I do not see much hidden talent on UL's track team. We have finished last or second to last the past four years if I am not mistaken. There are a few talented athletes but Silvey did not overlook talent that was already there because there is not any collegiate athletes on that track. No disrespect to those athletes who do run for us but they are not good enough to cut it in the Sunbelt.
    AMEN

Default Re: Two Ragin' Cajuns Qualify for Regionals at La. Classics

"Lance showed pride in UL spirit and not a meanie. now silvey had ruined the confidence so the team have to start over again."

Aww.poor baby.

My God, the more I see posts from what are obviously current UL Track & Field athletes, the more I'm convinced Silvey was on the right track.

Want a shoulder to cry on? Mine's not available.

Ok.this whole ordeal of current UL Track athletes coming on here and whining about Silvey "being hard" has officially ____ed me off.

This person is the second joker to officially do that.

The first person _____ed about how Silvey never showed them any respect and told them they weren't any good.

I'm glad he/she chose to be a student-athlete and didn't sign up for the military at 18, or they would have been royally ________'ed.

I spent 99-03 as a member of the track team here. And you know what burned my ass the most? Scholarship athletes not producing a damn thing.and coaches not jumping their ass and threatening to pull their scholarships!!

When you are a scholarship holding, student-athlete, you have two jobs:

1. Stay eligible to hopefully take advantage of your reduced/free college ride and get a degree.

2. Produce for the team that is paying your way. Meaning, if you are a scholarship track athlete, you damn well better be scoring in conference championship meets.

During my time on the team, I scored a combined 6 points at the SBC Championships.3 points at SBC Outdoors my Jr. year, and 3 at SBC Outdoors my Sr. year. That was 6 points more than quite a few quys who were recruited (I walked on) and given much more than me.

Of course, the whole time, I didn't care about them giving me money. I wanted the coaches to pull scholarships from the free-loaders so we could have extra money to recruit guys who could actually help us win a damn conference championship ring. That's what it is all about.not bull____ APR ratings to make the university look good.

Silvey was ready to bring those championship rings back to UL. However, it's obvious the university and quite a few of the track & field athletes were not willing to make the sacrifices to get it done.

Default Re: Two Ragin' Cajuns Qualify for Regionals at La. Classics

Quote Originally Posted by chicken man View Post
    he's a good risk taker allowing non athletes who have passion for track to run. we know that we must make sacrifices. thats what he did. he doesnt rush his athletes and he motivates them better, giving them time to build their confidence. if they had given lance a chance to coach longer. he would probably get the team to championship level than silvey because Lance showed pride in UL spirit and not a meanie. now silvey had ruined the confidence so the team have to start over again.
    I think I'm going to vomit.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information