Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2007-08

Default Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Interviewing is one thing, investigative reporting is another. As for the name you are hearing, we will see what kind of resume this person brings to a the table.
    His resume' is very, very impressive, only problem is he will demand more than Silvey did and will run the program in a very similar fashion as well. He is a great coach with great credentials but he has been hard on his athletes breaking them down and building them back up. I hope that we do get him hired but I am very doubtful.

THe person you are referring ot may or may not be harder on kids than Silvery. What I DO know is that anyone we hire in his first day on the job will be better than what we had.

Quote Originally Posted by houndoggy1 View Post
    _ THe person you are referring ot may or may not be harder on kids than Silvery. What I DO know is that anyone we hire in his first day on the job will be better than what we had. _
    I'm going to be looking at the resume, not what he does on the first day on the job.

Track & Field Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Maybe we should just call this guy and ask him who to hire

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle&Q_SEASON=2007 _

We did. He sent us Silvey.

And his credibility will now suffer because of it.

On another note, you basically told me 9 months ago that U of A would not be placed on probation.

Those 42 national championships are now 40 and they are forbidden to sign JC's for 2 years.

Hehehehehe! Gotcha!

_ THe person you are referring ot may or may not be harder on kids than Silvery. What I DO know is that anyone we hire in his first day on the job will be better than what we had. _
    does Baldwin have any track coaching experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    does Baldwin have any track coaching experience?
    **chuckle, chuckle** You are a laugh riot!

Default Re: Renowned coach hired to lead UL track ( Steve Silvey )

Hey Slimer, welcome to the board. And the news is not bad. The garbage being doled out wasn't going to make a winner out of anyone. Your self-proclaimed renouned status has been revoked. We discovered in Eugene, fayetteville, and Lubbock that the bio carefully edited by you when you rode into town has been found to be borderline bogus as you ride out. In in your "resignation" release to Parrot you don't even know the difference between "phychological differences" and "philosophical differences." "Psycholological differences" is more like it. Barhopper is a good ID --- it sums up the past 20 years.

whoaa

i ain't saying nothing after that post and since it's been some 5 or 6 hours after the post was made , i will conclude i'm not alone (grins)

next

maybe close to the end of thiis story?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ To answer your first question, I will not call the UL beat writer regarding the way athletes of certain sports are treated because I do not wish to expose UL in that way. I also do not criticize UL other than here or on Scout _
    But in a way, you may have inadvertently exposed UL by making your claims of past experience on here and Scout. The possiblility could exist that Parrot reads these boards. And maybe he should to help right a wrong if it's that bad. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We did. He sent us Silvey. _
    In that case I withdraw the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    _ But in a way, you may have inadvertently exposed UL by making your claims of past experience on here and Scout. The possiblility could exist that Parrot reads these boards. And maybe he should to help right a wrong if it's that bad. Food for thought. _
    The last athlete to come out publicly and criticise the administration was Ben Archer and they quickly kicked him out of school. The fans need to come together collectively and demand better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ The last athlete to come out publicly and criticise the administration was Ben Archer and they quickly kicked him out of school. The fans need to come together collectively and demand better IMO. _
    Ben Archer is a personal friend and you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Ben Archer is a personal friend and you are correct. _
    I may be too young, but have no idea who Ben ARcher is. What sport? What years? If appropriate can ya'll post a summary of what happened?

Not even knowing the details, I have a feeling I will feel embarrassed by what the university did to this student-athlete.

GEAUX UL!

Default Re: Renowned coach hired to lead UL track ( Steve Silvey )

_ Hey Slimer, welcome to the board. And the news is not bad. The garbage being doled out wasn't going to make a winner out of anyone. Your self-proclaimed renouned status has been revoked. We discovered in Eugene, fayetteville, and Lubbock that the bio carefully edited by you when you rode into town has been found to be borderline bogus as you ride out. In in your "resignation" release to Parrot you don't even know the difference between "phychological differences" and "philosophical differences." "Psycholological differences" is more like it. Barhopper is a good ID --- it sums up the past 20 years.
    . _
    I'm giving you the Charlie DumBas-s award cause you don't have the Dwight Stones to say that to my face or even know what my name means.

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    I may be too young, but have no idea who Ben ARcher is. What sport? What years? If appropriate can ya'll post a summary of what happened?

Not even knowing the details, I have a feeling I will feel embarrassed by what the university did to this student-athelete.

GEAUX UL! _
    You are not to young according to your profile but you may not have been following the Cajuns back then. Ben Archer was the starting center for the Cajuns from '95-'99 I may be off by one year but after our final game he was quoted in the paper criticizing the school for its lack of support to the football team and the fans could not expect the Cajuns to win if the administration does not even support the program. Doc A kicked him out of school but reinstated him promptly after due to the threat of a law suit I believe. I was a red shirt frosh at the time.

That is one reason I am probably overly critical of the administration. Doc A IMO was much like Castro. He has UL in a choke hold and will not relenquish any power until it is already to late and the damage is irreversable.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information