Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2007-08

Default Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ houndoggy1, I usually agree with your post but this sounds alot like damage control from the administration. If what you and others are alleging is true, then once again our athletic department has failed in pre-screening applicants for a coaching position. Didn’t we learn anything from the debacle of hiring of Cyprien? And if we have cause to terminate Silvey, then why would the Administration allow him to stay on and coach the program for two more meets? This whole PR nightmare does not pass the smell test and I’m going to withhold any judgment beyond this point. From what I’m hearing from some of the parents of Silvey’s recruits, our administration doesn’t come out smelling like roses either. _

Those parents are naturally going to hear the BAD version from the coach of how things have gone down. If I were a signee's parent or insurance company, I would rejoice at this news. They will be able to keep more of thier disposable income out of the hands of Lafayette area shrinks.

Quote Originally Posted by houndoggy1 View Post
    _ Those parents are naturally going to hear the BAD version from the coach of how things have gone down. If I were a signee's parent or insurance company, I would rejoice at this news. They will be able to keep more of thier disposable income out of the hands of Lafayette area shrinks. _
    Teh questionis when are the kids, the parents, the fans or anyone for that matter gong to hear the "GOOD" version from the administration? That has always been and continues to be a problem with this administration, they keep everything secret and allow rumors to run rampant or only one side of the story, usually negative, to get out there in the public. When are they gong to learn some PR skillsand damage control and get out ahead of a story?

All concerned,
    Silvey was everything that his resume projected and was also out of control! He was told certan things when he was hired and guaranteed many! All of the guarantees were done! His budget was tripled and three coaches were hired! He created problems for the administration that were unnecessary! He thinks that Track and Field is the only sport at U L! He is high maintainance and will not budge! He is not good for the program that we are finally building! Track is not the only sport offered at U L!
    And too, Dr. Authement was not invovled in the process! We should not "bum rap" Doc on this one! I know this for a fact!

Default New UL Track & Field Coach . ???

Maybe we should just call this guy and ask him who to hire

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle&Q_SEASON=2007

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    All concerned,
    Silvey was everything that his resume projected and was also out of control! He was told certan things when he was hired and guaranteed many! All of the guarantees were done! His budget was tripled and three coaches were hired! He created problems for the administration that were unnecessary! He thinks that Track and Field is the only sport at U L! He is high maintainance and will not budge! He is not good for the program that we are finally building! Track is not the only sport offered at U L!
    And too, Dr. Authement was not invovled in the process! We should not "bum rap" Doc on this one! I know this for a fact!
    You are going to have to be more specific than that in order for fans to understand the administration's side of the story.

If the administration had been more communicative with the public over the years fans would be more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by uslsp View Post
    _ I been watching you all since I finished and every year the level of talent has dropped. We have gone from conference champs to nowhere in the picture. I'm sorry but maybe none of you on the team are good enough. I read the conference standings maybe you should to. How many points did we score last year or the year before, etc. I think you all just want it easy like when veazey was there. A coach has to get results or he will be fired (resigned), look at coach veazey. He became too lax, I told him long ago get tougher on the team. People expected more from the program. As for that other coach, if it is who I think it is, it will get worse. In your minds anyway. _
    I think this link will explain everything. We can not win or even compete in Texas High School with these performances.

http://www.directathletics.com/view_.nd=76&gender=x

Default Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Maybe we should just call this guy and ask him who to hire

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle&Q_SEASON=2007 _
    Sad thing is not only can we not afford to hire him, he would not be provided the support and respect that those credentials earn. He may also ____ some athletes off for not performing at a college level.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Sad thing is not only can we not afford to hire him, he would not be provided the support and respect that those credentials earn. He may also ____ some athletes off for not performing at a college level. _
    DestinCajun wasn't suggesting we hire him! He said we should call and ask him who to hire ie up and coming assistants etc. Try not to skip that part before taking a shot at the University!

GEAUX UL!

Quit being a part of the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ DestinCajun wasn't suggesting we hire him! He said we should call and ask him who to hire ie up and coming assistants etc. Try not to skip that part before taking a shot at the University!

GEAUX UL!

Quit being a part of the problem! _
    Look dude I am not getting into a ____ing contest with you again. We disagree on a lot of things and we can leave it at that. As a former athlete I feel that I have the right to be critical of the administartion. I know first hand how poorly all athletes are treated at UL. This needs to be changed and it can only come from alumni, former athletes, and fans such as yourself demanding that things change. I know he was not suggesting we hire McDonald, I have the feeling that if they hire the guy that they want will have them coming out of this situation looking like genius'. We can only hope. Things still must change in order for us to excell in all sports. This goes for the spring sports more so than the fall sports which garner most of the attention. the spring sports are the ones that we have the best chance to gain the most national recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Look dude I am not getting into a ____ing contest with you again. We disagree on a lot of things and we can leave it at that. As a former athlete I feel that I have the right to be critical of the administartion. I know first hand how poorly all athletes are treated at UL. This needs to be changed and it can only come from alumni, former athletes, and fans such as yourself demanding that things change. I know he was not suggesting we hire McDonald, I have the feeling that if they hire the guy that they want will have them coming out of this situation looking like genius'. We can only hope. Things still must change in order for us to excell in all sports. This goes for the spring sports more so than the fall sports which garner most of the attention. the spring sports are the ones that we have the best chance to gain the most national recognition. _

2 serious questions for you, no ____ing contest?

1. Regarding your view on how poorly all athletes are treated; call Josh Parrot at the Advertiser, he is the UL beat writer, he may want to write an article on this. If what you say is true, it deserves to be exposed especially to the UL fans and supporters.

2. If the "guy" you think they will hire for track would make the university looking like a genius, will you continue to bash the University or give them praise?

GEAUX UL!

_ 2 serious questions for you, no ____ing contest?

1. Regarding your view on how poorly all athletes are treated; call Josh Parrot at the Advertiser, he is the UL beat writer, he may want to write an article on this. If what you say is true, it deserves to be exposed especially to the UL fans and supporters.

2. If the "guy" you think they will hire for track would make the university looking like a genius, will you continue to bash the University or give them praise?

GEAUX UL! _
    The allegations made by Silvey in his letter of resignation are that same that other coaches and administrators have made about this program in the past. It is in the context of these continuing concerns that Cajun4Life is raising questions about the administration's commitment to funding a Division One program. His past experience as a student athlete as led him to his current opinions.

Now that Silvey's letter of resignation has been made public, Josh Parrot has the opportunity to interview the administration for comment any time.

"The allegations made by Silvey in his letter of resignation are that same that other coaches and administrators have made about this program in the past."

Yeah, but even if they had given this guy a million bucks, it still would not have been enough.

"Josh Parrot has the opportunity to interview the administration for comment any time."

Parott would have a hey-day with this, which is something certaijn crybaby letter writers might not want. If interviewing athletes, administration and other sports coaches for a story, the admin would clearly be exhonorated. What would come out of the matter would be the need to teach those who can't get hired as head coaches at major schools that budgets that are 3x greater than they have ever been go from July 1 to June 30, and not anything short of that. As for Destin's suggestion to ask Fayetteville, AR for a recomendation, it is doubtful anyone there will be will be sending out reccomendations anytime soon. Getting mud in thy face once is very messy; even for a hog. If they get the name I am hearing being tossed around, the total package will have been buttoned down. Let's cross our fingers and give the AD and his team support on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by houndoggy1 View Post
    _ Parott would have a hey-day with this, which is something crybaby letter writers might not want. If interviewing athletes, administration and other sports coaches for a story, the admin would clearly be exhonorated. What would come out of the matter would be the need to teach those who can't get hired as head coaches at major schools that budgets that are 3x greater than they have ever been go from July 1 to June 30, and not anything short of that. As for Destin's suggestion to ask Fayetteville, AR for a recomendation, it is doubtful anyone there will be will be sending out reccomendations anytime soon. Getting mud in thy face once is very messy; even for a hog. If they get the name I am hearing being tossed around, the total package will have been buttoned down. Let's cross our fingers and give the AD and Asst. AD support on this one. _
    Interviewing is one thing, investigative reporting is another. As for the name you are hearing, we will see what kind of resume this person brings to a the table.

Default Re: Renowned coach hired to lead UL track ( Steve Silvey )

Quote Originally Posted by BarHopper View Post
    _ Heard the bad news y'all, read the first post and know this, Silvey would have made UL a winner. _
    Hey Slimer, welcome to the board. And the news is not bad. The garbage being doled out wasn't going to make a winner out of anyone. Your self-proclaimed renouned status has been revoked. We discovered in Eugene, fayetteville, and Lubbock that the bio carefully edited by you when you rode into town has been found to be borderline bogus as you ride out. In in your "resignation" release to Parrot you don't even know the difference between "phychological differences" and "philosophical differences." "Psycholological differences" is more like it. Barhopper is a good ID --- it sums up the past 20 years.

2 serious questions for you, no ____ing contest?

GEAUX UL!
    To answer your first question, I will not call the UL beat writer regarding the way athletes of certain sports are treated because I do not wish to expose UL in that way. I also do not criticize UL other than here or on Scout. I work with all SLU, ULM and LSU grads and I always defend and talk up UL.

For question number two, I will not give them praise for the hiring of ____ coach if it actually hire who I have heard that they are after. It will be good for track just like Silvey would have been, but I will still be critical of the athletic department until ALL sports are properly funded and supported.

IMO every fan of UL should be critical of this athletic department until they have proven that UL is committed to winning in all sports. We need to demand better and until we as fans hold the athletic department responsible for failure.

Once "The Plan" and the RCAF is actually released and given time to grow and take into effect then I may change my view of the athletic department.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information