Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: FB 2007 UL vs McNeese

1. UL Football FB 2007 UL vs McNeese

A half-dozen McNeese State coaches spoke about their programs Wednesday when the "Cowboy Roundup Tour" made its Lafayette stop at the Petroleum Club.

But only one date was on the collective minds of the approximately 100 on hand. That date is Saturday, Sept. 15, when the Cowboy football team comes back to Lafayette to renew a series with UL's Ragin' Cajuns.

"That's 86 days, 23 hours and two minutes to kickoff," McNeese sports information director and tour host Louis Bonnette told the crowd of Cowboy supporters. "All the football coaches will say they're not thinking about it, but don't let them get away with that. They're thinking about it."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Clock ticking on UL_McNeese Matchup

A big heartfelt thank you to Mr. Dan McDonald and the Lafayette Daily Advertiser for the nice article about the Cowboy Round Up tour. It was a great turnout in a good venue for the Cowboy faithful in Lafayette. Even though there is a lot of good-natured bantering, I know the McNeese fans can expect a first class treatment from the City of Lafayette, the fans and boosters, and the Advertiser!

I thought it was quite interesting that Matt Viator, our head coach, made it a point to call the Cajuns -- UL! Well deserved respect!

Once again, thanks, and we hope to see all of you guys in September. Best of luck to the Cajuns in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Up
    _
    I thought it was quite interesting that Matt Viator, our head coach, made it a point to call the Cajuns -- UL! Well deserved respect!
    Hey, here's one guy who can get it right. The next time he has an opening on his staff I hope Coach Bustle remembers this.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    Hey, here's one guy who can get it right. The next time he has an opening on his staff I hope Coach Bustle remembers this.
    Ha! Can't have him; he's part of the family now.

I never had a problem with the name thing. I would prefer my alma mater to be called McNeese University; so, I relate. If you can have a UCLA, USC, U of CAL, and a Cal Tech, what's wrong with a UL, McNeese U., La Tech, and LSU. Somehow, it works for me.

_ Ha! Can't have him; he's part of the family now.

I never had a problem with the name thing. I would prefer my alma mater to be called McNeese University; so, I relate. If you can have a UCLA, USC, U of CAL, and a Cal Tech, what's wrong with a UL, McNeese U., La Tech, and LSU. Somehow, it works for me. _
    no question it works

6. Default Re: Clock ticking on UL_McNeese Matchup

_ A big heartfelt thank you to Mr. Dan McDonald and the Lafayette Daily Advertiser for the nice article about the Cowboy Round Up tour. It was a great turnout in a good venue for the Cowboy faithful in Lafayette. Even though there is a lot of good-natured bantering, I know the McNeese fans can expect a first class treatment from the City of Lafayette, the fans and boosters, and the Advertiser!

Once again, thanks, and we hope to see all of you guys in September. Best of luck to the Cajuns in South Carolina. _
    It is a given that there will be good natured bantering between the Cajun and Cowboy fans, but let's emphasize the "good natured" adjective. Let me be one of the first of many offers you all will receive to visit Cajun fan tailgating sites. We are known as the Krewe de Chew, and our site is located across the street from Tique Moore field, adjacent to and on the West side of the maintenance building (brick structure). Please, come and visit us, pre and post game, and enjoy our hospitality, food made from "scratch", and dance to the tunes furnished by our own Music Man. Many of the fans from visiting teams have honed into our site, and left with memories, good I might add, of UL fans knowing how to have a good time. Check out our website, www.ulathletics.net/krewe-de-chew, to see who we are and how we tailgate.

I might add that out of my six children, five attended UL, and one attended McNeese. He is staunch Cowboy fan. While a student he was fondly referred to as the "child in exile". Family gatherings were something to behold!

Anyway, come visit us. Bring along some of the other 'Pokes. The only thing you have to bring is yourselves, and a good appetite. We furnish the food, beverages, and joie de vivre!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    It is a given that there will be good natured bantering between the Cajun and Cowboy fans, but let's emphasize the "good natured" adjective. Let me be one of the first of many offers you all will receive to visit Cajun fan tailgating sites. We are known as the Krewe de Chew, and our site is located across the street from Tique Moore field, adjacent to and on the West side of the maintenance building (brick structure). Please, come and visit us, pre and post game, and enjoy our hospitality, food made from "scratch", and dance to the tunes furnished by our own Music Man. Many of the fans from visiting teams have honed into our site, and left with memories, good I might add, of UL fans knowing how to have a good time. Check out our website, www.ulathletics.net/krewe-de-chew, to see who we are and how we tailgate.

I might add that out of my six children, five attended UL, and one
    attended McNeese. He is staunch Cowboy fan. While a student he was fondly referred to as the "child in exile". Family gatherings were something to behold!

Thanks Cajun Charlie. I think we can rustle a few Cowboy fans for the visit and the legendary cuisine. We will make it a point to come by. I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you guys will be.

8. Default Re: Clock ticking on UL_McNeese Matchup

Thanks Cajun Charlie. I think we can rustle a few Cowboy fans for the visit and the legendary cuisine. We will make it a point to come by. I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you guys will be. _
    Great, Cowboy! We will be looking for you all. You can start checking the menu portion of the web site about a week before the game. It should be complete. Then you can decide if it is worth your while to stop by.

_ Ha! Can't have him; he's part of the family now.

If you can have a UCLA, USC, U of CAL, and a Cal Tech, what's wrong with a UL, McNeese U., La Tech, and LSU. Somehow, it works for me. _
    That's exactly what we UL fans have been saying all along and no, there's nothing wrong at all with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    _ That's exactly what we UL fans have been saying all along and no, there's nothing wrong at all with it. _
    Nothing wrong unless you are a paranoid multi multi million dollar budgeted athletic super-power that should have concerns over far more important matters than a knat biting at it's @ss trying to garner just a bit of respect on it's own

Nothing wrong at all unless you are that multi multi million dollar budgeted athletic super-power that proclaims we are not on their radar yet scrutinzes every move we make that might actually be an advancement for our university and by extension to the well being of the state

Nothing wrong at all unless, oh never mind like beating your head up against a wall

Lookign forward to the renewed rivalry with the Pokes Here's to a great night where rivals are not viewed as enemies. mmmmm

NCAA Re: Clock ticking on UL_McNeese Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaLaState
    _
    Lookign forward to the renewed rivalry with the Pokes Here's to a great night where rivals are not viewed as enemies. mmmmm _
    Ahhh yessomeone sees the light! Good job dude.
    It is GREAT to renew the rivalry with the Pokes. That night will mark what will hopefully be the renewing of true rivals playing each other on a consistent basis. Home and home is not a bad idea either. Fan interest, monies generated(more than any sunbelt team will bring in!!), big rivalry traditions!!!!! This has the making of something very big for the cajuns!

12. Default Re: Clock ticking on UL_McNeese Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    Great, Cowboy! We will be looking for you all. You can start checking the menu portion of the web site about a week before the game. It should be complete. Then you can decide if it is worth your while to stop by.
    Charlie,

From my experience a stop at the Krewe's tent is always worth it.

13. Default Re: Clock ticking on UL_McNeese Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by cayenethepepper
    Ahhh yessomeone sees the light! Good job dude.
    It is GREAT to renew the rivalry with the Pokes. That night will mark what will hopefully be the renewing of true rivals playing each other on a consistent basis. Home and home is not a bad idea either. Fan interest, monies generated(more than any sunbelt team will bring in!!), big rivalry traditions!!!!! This has the making of something very big for the cajuns!
    Seriously give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    _ Seriously give it a rest. _
    AMEN!

NCAA Re: Clock ticking on UL_McNeese Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    _ Seriously give it a rest. _
    YAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!
    Give what a rest? The promotion of the schools biggest rivalry and the opportunity to have it renewed! You're crazy. Think of the monies this game will generate and the publicity the cajuns will get for renewing the series with their biggest rival. It is nothing but a win win situation for the cajuns! cajun stadium will never see that many people again this season. It most certainly will help boost up the horrid attendance numbers the past several years if anything!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information