View Poll Results: Which color scheme is your Favorite, Home and Away?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Vermilion Pants/Jersey with White numbers/stripes

14 30.43%
  • Vermilion Pants no stripe, White Jerse Vermilion numbers

9 19.57%
  • Vermilion Pants/Jersey Lt Grey Stripe/Numbers

0 0%
  • White Pants with Vermilion stripe, Vermilion Jersey White numbers

23 50.00%
  • White Pants no stripe, Black Jersey white numbers

5 10.87%
  • White Pants/Jersey with Vermilion numbers/stripes

5 10.87%
  • Black Pants/White stripe, White Jersey Vermilion numbers

3 6.52%
  • Black Pants/No stripe, Grey Jersey Vermilion numbers

1 2.17%
  • Black Pants/light Grey stripe, White Jersey lt grey numbers

3 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

UL Football Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

Just a Dead period vote, to give us a little more to talk about! I put down some different color schemes Louisiana wears and or could wear, what is your favorite?

Have Fun,
    DaddyCajun

ps Make sure to vote for one light colored jersey and one dark color jersey, for the home and away looks.

Default Re: Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    _ Just a Dead period vote, to give us a little more to talk about! I put down some different color schemes Louisiana wears and or could wear, what is your favorite?

Have Fun,
    DaddyCajun _
    I don't see the poll DC. But I will say I want some black uniforms for football. Some people don't like black but I think it looks sweet, not for every game but for a special occasion.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    _ I don't see the poll DC. But I will say I want some black uniforms for football. Some people don't like black but I think it looks sweet, not for every game but for a special occasion. _
    Agree. The players and recruits would get a little stoked about a black uniform that hasn't yet existed. I would tie its first appearance to some achievement by the team, or other conditions that promote success. It isn't a very practical color IMO, but I think it would be interesting. Same helmet, with red numbering/stripes on uni.

I still like red from head to ankle (black shoe/ankle socks). I like the red Ragin Cajun helmet as is, and the numbering and limited white stripes. I am not too big on tweaking what we have in that uniform right now. It looks solid.

4. Default Re: Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

Just Classic

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Just a Dead period vote, to give us a little more to talk about! I put down some different color schemes Louisiana wears and or could wear, what is your favorite?

Have Fun,
    DaddyCajun

ps Make sure to vote for one light colored jersey and one dark color jersey, for the home and away looks.
    Got to buck the trend here and ask for a triple stripe down the helmet. Like the old "Cajuns" helmet.

http://www.athleticnetwork.net/picpo.?piclibID=2534

This is our uniform.

One day we'll come to our senses and go back to it.

7. Default Re: Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    _ http://www.athleticnetwork.net/picpo.?piclibID=2534

This is our uniform.

_
    I am not in favor of any changes! All of this "uniform jumping around" does not stimulate any kind of traditionsomething I find sorely lacking with our University.

My advice is, if it is necessary, to develop a uniform that when you see it says "Ragin Cajuns" and stick with it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    _ http://www.athleticnetwork.net/picpo.?piclibID=2534

This is our uniform.

_
    That is the boss of uniforms. I still think it is looks plenty current, but unfortunately the younger fans will likely disagree.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

I agree, but I wouldn't count on them ever going back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    _ I am not in favor of any changes! All of this "uniform jumping around" does not stimulate any kind of traditionsomething I find sorely lacking with our University.

My advice is, if it is necessary, to develop a uniform that when you see it says "Ragin Cajuns" and stick with it. _
    Maybe we could wear these for Homecoming. Kill two birds with one stone, bring back the jerseys once a year, and start a new tradition.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

I'm confused just thinking about all the choices without being able to see them, but what else would you expect from me?

It's going to be a long 77+ days.

our best uniform is white jersey on red pants.we wont ever get a black uniform because it will look too much like arkansas state. we also had the fifth best uniform in the country so there is no need to change it

Quote Originally Posted by codyj
    _ our best uniform is white jersey on red pants.we wont ever get a black uniform because it will look too much like arkansas state. we also had the fifth best uniform in the country so there is no need to change it _
    I like the white jersey/red pants, and the all red. Black would be interesting for a special event, but there are many drawbacks. I would much prefer we not go meddling with the uniform very often. It smacks of indecisiveness.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Football Uniform Color SchemesVote for Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    _ I like the white jersey/red pants, and the all red. Black would be interesting for a special event, but there are many drawbacks. I would much prefer we not go meddling with the uniform very often. It smacks of indecisiveness. _
    IMO all red, all white, or any other all color is boring. I think the uniforms simply need to be red top, white bottom at home, and white top red bottom on the road. I agree we should not be constantly changing the design of the uniform. A little black trim goes a long way and should never be a dominant color for UL.

Names and programs. Really UL has taken a good step in using numbers on the uniforms, and removing the names. When that step is taken the numbers should not be stylized because that obscures them. When the uniforms only have numbers the programs should not be alphabetical but numerical to be user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    _ I am not in favor of any changes! All of this "uniform jumping around" does not stimulate any kind of traditionsomething I find sorely lacking with our University.

My advice is, if it is necessary, to develop a uniform that when you see it says "Ragin Cajuns" and stick with it. _
    I am in not in favor of changes either. We've changed our unis several times since Baldwin.

The above uniform is our traditional uniform.

It's high time we embrace that tradition.

If you have to, replace CAJUNS on the front of the jersey with LOUISIANA.

While we're at it, we could also scrap all of the yellow, the flaming vegetables, and the faded, cherry red that makes all of our swag look like bird-crapped-on garbage as well as the fruity numbers.

It's time we have gear and uniforms that exude class and tradition worthy of THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information