Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first Wallpaper

UL Football My first Wallpaper

hey fellow cajun fans and alumni, i have been playing with the gimp since i started using Ubuntu and decided to try my hand at making wallpapers, so in preparation of football season, i made a UL wallpaper, its a little small, i used that XBOX stadium pick that somebody linked to so you may have to strech it, although it still looks ok stretched, i will work on a larger one, unless this gets really bad reviews.

so let me know what you guys think, this is my first try at a wallpaper, so any constructive critiquing will be appreciated. Its been a while since i posted so some of you may not remember me, but feel free to express your opinion, whatever it may be.

2. Default Re: My first Wallpaper

I like. Might need to lose some of the symbols but I give it two shammys.(out of three)

Default Re: My first Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by shammy
    I like. Might need to lose some of the symbols but I give it two shammys.(out of three)
    yea i was thinking maybe it was a bit much, but i figured id see if anyone else thought so before i took em off

4. Default Re: My first Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    _ yea i was thinking maybe it was a bit much, but i figured id see if anyone else thought so before i took em off _
    Wow, that is awesome, wut i would do is take out the circle symbol in the top left corner and just move the UL up a little. U really dont need the top left circle symbol cuz you have one like it in the other corner

JMO
    Ryan
    GEAUX CAJUNS

5. Default Re: My first Wallpaper

_ yea i was thinking maybe it was a bit much, but i figured id see if anyone else thought so before i took em off _
    I like it,also. Get rid of the UL, the Cajun logo, footballer on the left side of the wallpaper, and the black Ragin Cajun logo down on the right. All of these makes the view too busy, and really takes away from a good view of Cajun Field and the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    I like it,also. Get rid of the UL, the Cajun logo and footballer on the left side of the wallpaper. It gets too busy, and really takes away from a good view of Cajun Field and the crowd.
    I really like it but must agree with Cajun Charlie. Get rid of the UL and football player on the left hand side.

thanks for the advice guys, i will work on it again tonight or tomorrow and post an edited link

Default wallpaper v.1.03

here is a newer and improveder version

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r.llpaper103.jpg

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: wallpaper v.1.03

_ here is a newer and improveder version

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r.llpaper103.jpg _
    It's getting much better. Bustle is staring down something in the crowd pretty hard. I sit on the other side, so it wasn't anything I said. I have yelled at him quite a bit. It could have been an echo and he didn't realize where it was coming from.

thanks, hopefully by the time football season rolls around im mass producing high quality stuff

btw, bustle is staring down the cheerleaders on the other end of the field

12. Default Re: My first Wallpaper

This one is the "ticket". Good view, and says all that has to be said!

I vote to use this one!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: wallpaper v.1.03

_ here is a newer and improveder version

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r.llpaper103.jpg _
    Fenroy's image in the original is the clearest. Personally, I don't have a problem with the extra symbols. Why did you take Des out, too??

I have a Question Re: My first Wallpaper

Do any of you out there (maybe you, Turbine) have any of the various UL wallpapers and/or screen savers that have been posted here or elsewhere in the past? I'm looking for one to place on my Treo 680.

thanks for any help!

Default Re: wallpaper v.1.03

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun
    Fenroy's image in the original is the clearest. Personally, I don't have a problem with the extra symbols. Why did you take Des out, too??
    well the latest version, fenroys image was purposefully done to look like that, tfeel free to use the first one if its your cup of tea, i took des out because several people thought having anything on the left messed with the location of icons on a desktop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information