Thread: SUNBELT Preseason Rankings

UL Football SUNBELT Preseason Rankings

Every year it is the same story. Most preseason polls place the ENTIRE sunbelt conference in the low 100's in football rankings. However, by the end of the Sunbelt has moved up to between 50-100. Every year we are slapped down with the worst of the worst from other conferences and every year we strive to prove them wrong. Lately, I think the conference has been making strives against other conferences with wins over Houston, Eastern Michigan, Memphis, SMU and Army. Also, close games i.e. UL vs. Central Florida two seasons ago, Troy vs. Florida State last year. We are hanging with other mid-majors. Hopefully this year we can continue the trend and get more "upset" victories.

Default Re: SUNBELT Preseason Rankings

Oops!
    Add Middle Tennessee's victory over Vanderbilt and Troy's victory over Rice from last year to the list of out-of-conference victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunpride101
    _ Oops!
    Add Middle Tennessee's victory over Vanderbilt and Troy's victory over Rice from last year to the list of out-of-conference victories.

_
    That's like beating the "Little Sisters of the Poor" and a team made up of their "Little Brothers".

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    _ That's like beating the "Little Sisters of the Poor" and a team made up of their "Little Brothers". _
    It's a helluva lot better than losing to them.

SBC programs had several "coulda, shoulda, woulda" games last season. FIU and ULM for example had extremely close losses to South Florida and Maryland and Kansas and Kentucky. Opportunities abound this season but I doubt we'll sneak up on anyone. As a group SBC teams are undeniably better so let's hope this translates into some big wins.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    _ It's a helluva lot better than losing to them.

SBC programs had several "coulda, shoulda, woulda" games last season. FIU and ULM for example had extremely close losses to South Florida and Maryland and Kansas and Kentucky. Opportunities abound this season but I doubt we'll sneak up on anyone. As a group SBC teams are undeniably better so let's hope this translates into some big wins. _
    These are my predicted non-conference 1-A wins for the SBC:

Arkansas State--Memphis, SMU

FAU-------------South Florida

Louisiana--------Ohio

Mid Tennessee---Virginia

North Texas------SMU, Navy

Troy-------------Oklahoma State

WKU-------------Ball State

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN

Troy-------------Oklahoma State
    Quite bold, indeed.

7. Default Re: SUNBELT Preseason Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunpride101
    _ Every year it is the same story. Most preseason polls place the ENTIRE sunbelt conference in the low 100's in football rankings. However, by the end of the Sunbelt has moved up to between 50-100. Every year we are slapped down with the worst of the worst from other conferences and every year we strive to prove them wrong. Lately, I think the conference has been making strives against other conferences with wins over Houston, Eastern Michigan, Memphis, SMU and Army. Also, close games i.e. UL vs. Central Florida two seasons ago, Troy vs. Florida State last year. We are hanging with other mid-majors. Hopefully this year we can continue the trend and get more "upset" victories. _
    These preseason rankings are geared towards the fans of the bigger schools. So more of there time is spent researching the bigger programs leaving the Sun Belt with little coverage because they are not researching the program to the fullest.

Thread Information