Thread: Rodney Gillis seeking a 6th-year NCAA medical wavier

Default Rodney Gillis seeking a 6th-year NCAA medical wavier

According to a Tim Buckley tweet. We may get some more help in our secondary after all. Hope we're able to get him.

Here's the tweet:

Tim Buckley ‏@TDARaginCajuns 2m
    UL safety Rodney Gillis has changed his mind again; he's now back to seeking a 6th-year NCAA medical waiver so he can play in 2013.

Default Re: Rodney Gillis seeking a 6th-year NCAA medical wavier

Would not be right if he isn't granted waiver. If missing 2 seasons isn't enough, I don't know what is.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Would not be right if he isn't granted waiver. If missing 2 seasons isn't enough, I don't know what is.
    True, that would be huge!

Z

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    If this happens we just got tremendously better. I was sad to hear originally he was not going to try. This is the best news of the offseason. Until we get the news that the ncaa granted the appeal. Then that will officially be the best news of the offseason.

Agreed! Getting him back for another year would be huge!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    If this happens we just got tremendously better. I was sad to hear originally he was not going to try. This is the best news of the offseason. Until we get the news that the ncaa granted the appeal. Then that will officially be the best news of the offseason.
    I wonder why he originally didn't want to try originally? Was he just tired of football?

7. Default Safety Gillis may return for Louisiana

UL Ragin' Cajuns senior safety Rodney Gillis now hopes to return for the 2013 season, after all.

UL's compliance department is in the process of applying to the NCAA on Gillis' behalf for a sixth-season medical hardship waiver, Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth said .

Default Re: Safety Gillis may return for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL Ragin' Cajuns senior safety Rodney Gillis now hopes to return for the 2013 season, after all.

UL's compliance department is in the process of applying to the NCAA on Gillis' behalf for a sixth-season medical hardship waiver, Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth said .

Regarding the players we have returning in the secondary, thy is there no mention of Tig Barksdale or TJ Worthy in this article? They are coming back right?

9. Default Re: Safety Gillis may return for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Regarding the players we have returning in the secondary, thy is there no mention of Tig Barksdale or TJ Worthy in this article? They are coming back right?
    I believe Tig is moving to LB. Not sure why Worthy was not mentioned.

Thread Information