Thread: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

1. UL Tennis Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

The Ragin’ Cajun men’s tennis team notched its third straight win on Sunday afternoon taking down UT-Pan American 5-1 at Cajun Courts in a dual match.

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

Black is not a school color!

Just kidding, great weekend for the guys, they took down a pretty good USM team and then dismantled UTPA. They are now 14-11 on the season and will be interesting to see where they are seeded in the conference tournament. Middle will get the #1 seed, being that they are ranked #45 in the nation, but I don't see any other conference mates ranked. The best bet for the Cajuns is to get the #2 or #3 seed, so that they do not face Middle until the finals. Or possibly get a lower seed, what you don't want is to be #4 or #5. That would be the toughest draw. This team is capbable of winning the SBC Conference tournament, but need a favorable draw to do so. Seedings should be posted today.

Conference tournament starts Thursday at Cajun Courts. By the way the Cajuns are 8-1 at home, with their only loss coming in a 3-4 loss vs Tulane.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

Crappy weather in the forecast for Thursday but it improves for the weekend. Going to make some matches!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

4. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Crappy weather in the forecast for Thursday but it improves for the weekend. Going to make some matches!

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Looking at the Sunbelt website, it looks as though the Cajuns are going to get the #2 seed for the Conference Tournament. The draw will look like this, if I am reading this correctly:

First Round
    #1 Middle Tennessee vs BYE
    #2 UL vs #7 WKU
    #3 Georgia State vs #6 Troy
    #4 USA vs #5 Florida Atlantic

Second Round
    Middle Tennessee vs Winner of USA/FAU
    Winner of UL/WKU vs Winner of GSU/Troy

Finals
    UL/WKU vs GSU/Troy Winner
    vs
    Middle Tennessee vs USA/FAU Winner

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

Think I might make a trip out to the courts! Love watching me some tennis

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Looking at the Sunbelt website, it looks as though the Cajuns are going to get the #2 seed for the Conference Tournament. The draw will look like this, if I am reading this correctly:

First Round
    #1 Middle Tennessee vs BYE
    #2 UL vs #7 WKU
    #3 Georgia State vs #6 Troy
    #4 USA vs #5 Florida Atlantic

Second Round
    Middle Tennessee vs Winner of USA/FAU
    Winner of UL/WKU vs Winner of GSU/Troy

Finals
    UL/WKU vs GSU/Troy Winner
    vs
    Middle Tennessee vs USA/FAU Winner
    I didn't realize Ga State was in the conference now!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

It's a shame when you need a scorecard to see who's in your conference!

But all the conferences are like that now.

They also participated in the SBC indoor meet.

9. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Take Down UTPA To Close Out Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    They also participated in the SBC indoor meet.
    I found a site --Louisiana running---something like that with all the times in the state College and HS---I don't see too many of the football guys that signed in the 100 meters---We have Scott and the Gage kid who signed with Houston and the Badie kid going to Tulane---These are the speed guys that jump out and Scott's 24'11" long jump!!!!

Thread Information