Thread: Lady Cajuns Sweep Southern Miss in Doubleheader for the Records

1. Ragin' Cajuns Lady Cajuns Sweep Southern Miss in Doubleheader for the Records

Before tonight it had only been done five times in NCAA history. The Ragin’ Cajuns softball team hit five home runs, including two from freshman Shellie Landry, in a ten-run fourth inning. The Cajuns won game one by a score of 18-2 and game two by a score of 10-0 in a nonconference doubleheader against Southern Mississippi, Wednesday, April 10 at Lamson Park. They improved to 27-11 on the season and have now won their last nine games.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Sweep Southern Miss in Doubleheader for the Records

Good stuff! We may hit our stride at the perfect time

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Good stuff! We may hit our stride at the perfect time
    Did I read that right???? Five home runs in one inning? And two by Shellie in one inning? Holy Cow!!

4. Default Re: Lady Cajuns Sweep Southern Miss in Doubleheader for the Records

As far as CUSA is concerned--Is our softball you think able to compete to their standards???? It will be tough but man I would love to see us win this conference ---We need to keep plugging and Somebody step up and be a great 2nd pitcher!!!

SoMiss is a high school team. We hit well.but I think I could have hit their pitching.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    As far as CUSA is concerned--Is our softball you think able to compete to their standards???? It will be tough but man I would love to see us win this conference ---We need to keep plugging and Somebody step up and be a great 2nd pitcher!!!
    UL would have a standing invite to every conference in America, IF softball drove the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Tulsa is the ONLY team in that conference that comes close to competing with OUR standards. They are much weaker than the SBC in softball.

8. Default Re: Lady Cajuns Sweep Southern Miss in Doubleheader for the Records

Hey Beau --a lil tongue in cheek!!!! Sorry about the loss of your relative!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Did I read that right???? Five home runs in one inning? And two by Shellie in one inning? Holy Cow!!
    Yes, tied an NCAA record with 5 home runs in an inning.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    It was pretty impressive. It went Landry, Vincent, Redfearn, Landry, Felps for homers in the 4th.

Notice Landry was the only starter.

Thread Information