Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gerald Edward Waguespack (The Band)

Default Re: The Band

He passed from heart failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Brock, can you tell us how he died? I cut up with him and his wife at the last two New Orleans Bowl and visit about our time when we were (YOUNG)!!!
    Went in the hospital last Thursday. Thought they were going home Sunday and he was much improved. Things went south Monday. We lost a great man.

I had the privilege of knowing Dr Waguespack when he was the band teacher at Rayne High School. That man pushed us to be an outstanding small band that won multiple marching competitions. He was a fun and engaging man to be around and UL was really blessed to have him. I know he touched the lives of many but most of all, he made a difference in mine.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Mobby View Post
    I had the privilege of knowing Dr Waguespack when he was the band teacher at Rayne High School. That man pushed us to be an outstanding small band that won multiple marching competitions. He was a fun and engaging man to be around and UL was really blessed to have him. I know he touched the lives of many but most of all, he made a difference in mine.
    You guys were really good. We (Acadiana) would root for you guys at Contest of Champions. Clarence Hebert was our BD at Acadiana and he brought Wag in to put our shows together. Wag was a pioneer in writing shows that paralleled the early DCI groups field drill. I'm really glad I got to see Wag and Amy at the NO Bowl. You just never know when you'll speak to someone for the last time (on Earth).

5. Default Re: The Band

I was in band all four years at Acadiana High when he was director.let's just say I don't have any fond memories of him. No, really. I have no good memories of the man. I'd like to say how I really feel about him, but out of respect for the fact that he is dead, I'm going to refrain. The only thing I'll give him is this--he was a decent band director.

6. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Gerald Edward Waguespack (The Band)

Friends, Romans, countrymen I have not come to bash the band director, but.

Really your post is so poor. If you had something bad to say about the man you should have taken it up when he was alive so he could defend himself. You can couch your words but the intent was evil.

7. Default Re: Gerald Edward Waguespack (The Band)

Wait---was this the guy that started the STM band after leaving Acadiana HS???

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rage2005 View Post
    I was in band all four years at Acadiana High when he was director.let's just say I don't have any fond memories of him. No, really. I have no good memories of the man. I'd like to say how I really feel about him, but out of respect for the fact that he is dead, I'm going to refrain. The only thing I'll give him is this--he was a decent band director.
    He and Amy were/have been friends of my family since 72'. You are a ____ poor specimen of a human being. Definitely keep hiding behind that screen name. All cowards do that. If someone finds out who you are, you might just get an ___ whipping, deservedly so.

Z

Default Re: Gerald Edward Waguespack (The Band)

Ditto Z's words

10. Default Re: Gerald Edward Waguespack (The Band)

So i again ask my history question again so I can see if this is the same guy---Did he go to STM to start their band???

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So i again ask my history question again so I can see if this is the same guy---Did he go to STM to start their band???
    No.

The network of band instructors is a very tight knit group. All are driven by the love of music and sharing that passion. If we all were passionate as Wag and many other band directors in the area about out lives, the world would be a better place. So whether at Rayne, AHS, STM or UL, Wag did his best.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The network of band instructors is a very tight knit group. All are driven by the love of music and sharing that passion. If we all were passionate as Wag and many other band directors in the area about out lives, the world would be a better place. So whether at Rayne, AHS, STM or UL, Wag did his best.

And just as in everyday life, there are _______ that cant hang with the program. Rage 2005 is one of those.

Z

My dad is a retired band director. Z your father and mine fished in the same holes.

Quote Originally Posted by don63 View Post
    My dad is a retired band director. Z your father and mine fished in the same holes.
    Don, what parish did your Father teach?

Z

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information