Thread: Softball RPI week 3

UL Softball Softball RPI week 3

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly.der=WSB&y=2013

I like this new bonus/penalty system. Our opponents are coming through for us.

Default Re: RPI week 3

How much will playing Southern Miss and Middle affect our rpi? Will a 5 game sweep still help us?

Man that OK and Tulsa games would've helped

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    How much will playing Southern Miss and Middle affect our rpi? Will a 5 game sweep still help us?
    Our OWP will definitely take a severe hit. These two teams come into this week with a combined winning percentage of 17.8%. Our current OWP is 60.28%. The benefit for us will be picking up the records of C USA teams for our OOWP. This will be the last real hit we take. Houston (coming here) has a good record, FAU, Troy & Monroe all have decent records. If we keep winning, and we can, our rpi ranking should remain in the top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Man that OK and Tulsa games would've helped
    Those games, won or lost, would have obliterated any damage caused by this week's games.

Looking at the roster and comparing it from last year, I would draw the conclusion that our lack of D1 pitching experience coupled with an enormous amount of fr/soph girls that are active have contributed to this "year of rebuilding' (that's what I'm branding it).

Any opinions on tourney play? regional or super?

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    Looking at the roster and comparing it from last year, I would draw the conclusion that our lack of D1 pitching experience coupled with an enormous amount of fr/soph girls that are active have contributed to this "year of rebuilding' (that's what I'm branding it).

Any opinions on tourney play? regional or super?
    Next year is rebuilding. You have 5 returning position players this year with 2-3 years experience (Draheim, Haack, Myers, Fernandez, Cherry), next year you will have 3 returning with 1 year (Walsh, Landry, Maly), 1 with half a year (Corbello, she doesn't play the field enough) and 1 with 3 years (Fernandez). This year is reloading, with Shellie Landry replacing Christi Orgeron, Sara Corbello replacing Erikka Murphy, Samantha Walsh replacing Paige Cormier, Leandra Maly replacing Katie Smith, and Victoria Brown, Christina Hamilton and Kristen Martinez replacing Ashley Brignac.

My concern with Nerissa's return had a little to do with post season play, but more for next season. I know of what she is capable so I knew she would make an impact once she did return. My question would be, could her presence in the lineup help us get past a regional to a super regional? With so much inexperience in the lineup next season, would it be better to give experience to a player this season to better help the team next season? The team is adequate without her to make it to a regional, but, depending on the makeup of the regional, probably not a super.

There are two things I've seen in the last few games that have me encouraged. Victoria is getting better and the bottom of the lineup is getting on base more often. There are enough games left in the season in which this team can improve enough to make it to a super regional. Location will determine a lot as to whether this team can win a regional. I am seriously hoping that LSU does enough over these next few weeks so that they do host a regional because if they do, that's where we will go and we can win that regional. I don't expect, even if we win out, which I think we will, that we can do enough to be able to host a regional. I also hope that the teams ahead of us in the rpi prove me wrong.

8. Default Re: Softball RPI week 3

Wait--aren't all the members of the committee SFs's buddies????? They do owe us after last year's positioning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    There are two things I've seen in the last few games that have me encouraged. Victoria is getting better and the bottom of the lineup is getting on base more often. There are enough games left in the season in which this team can improve enough to make it to a super regional. Location will determine a lot as to whether this team can win a regional. I am seriously hoping that LSU does enough over these next few weeks so that they do host a regional because if they do, that's where we will go and we can win that regional. I don't expect, even if we win out, which I think we will, that we can do enough to be able to host a regional. I also hope that the teams ahead of us in the rpi prove me wrong.
    Might actually be beneficial for us down the road to win LSUs 5-10 seeded regional and play an easier super regional then host as a 16 seed and move on to play OK in a super

Thread Information