Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt poll

Default Re: gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    +1

No to the SLC
    Is there any doubt why we will continue to struggle to be anything other then USL? When you read some of comments on this thread, I'm not sure the future will be that bright considering the low standards.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    And did not bring 3000 fans to a National Championship game 2 hours from Huntsville. No thanks.

Why does attendance matter in this issue? Florida barely brought 7K to a BCS game, but who cares because they were in a BCS game. Plus I was answering a poll that was put forth in front of me, what is your answer?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Why does attendance matter in this issue? Florida barely brought 7K to a BCS game, but who cares because they were in a BCS game. Plus I was answering a poll that was put forth in front of me, what is your answer?
    NONE OF THE ABOVE

Let me be clearI could almost stomach staying if stAte and WKY were guaranteed to stay Trust what I say They are looking to get out too.

Z

Well yeh I know Z, I don't want to be in this conference anymore than you do. I was just choosing which out of those I'd like to see.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    NONE OF THE ABOVE

Let me be clearI could almost stomach staying if stAte and WKY were guaranteed to stay Trust what I say They are looking to get out too.

Z
    If it weren't a horror flick. I'd laugh. It's like we're sitting in a life raft out in the ocean and as some on the raft get the balls to swim to a nearby rescue craft. we mourn them leaving us. cuss them as we see them reach the boat. then we sit on the raft and take inventory. "hey, we have space for some other floaters". We get stoked about grabbing people out of the ocean wearing nothing but life preservers. They're happy. Of course they're happy. they're on a raft now. We've been on that raft for a decade. circling around and around in the ocean currents. going nowhere.

We give a speech to those on the raft and they nod and say, "we're with you Scott!". Then, in the middle of the night. two more read the "welcome sign" on the boat floating by. and they take the risk and swim to it. We take another inventory. pluck a couple more floaters. some smell funny. some look funny. they all talk funny. but we're happy to have them. the raft has 12 members again.

"Hey. there goes a cruise ship. The Enchanted SEC! ____, here comes their wake. hang on to something. it may hurt a little, but the benefit is that it will move us closer to land. now only 2000 miles away." Take another inventory. "Oh, and word to the rest of you life preserver wearing MFs. we're the Boise State of this here raft!" "BS! We're the Boise State of this here raft!" "Mais no. we da Boys State a dis raff, cher." "WTF did that guy say?" "An by da way. we got Hud an you canhavem!" "An da Masda Pla is on da way. an is gonna keck y'all in da azz!"

"Oh crap. did your admin throw the ole "we're working on a Master Plan" BS at you guys at UL?" "Wat you man BS?. is fer real cher!. you goat lover SOB you!" "Oh ok UL. " Splash! "Who was that?!" "Looks like we lost another one." Inventory time. "UL!?" "Mais, I'm still here. can a tell you a secret?. I'm scare of da water. y'all stay here wit me. k?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Because its in freaking Boone, NC. Getting to Statesborough, GA is easier and travel to Statesborough was listed as a detriment. It may be convenient for WKU but its going to be a _____ for our spring sports travel budgets with nothing in return financially. And that great fan base that doesn't have anything else to do on a Saturday other than go down on Bob's Knob isn't going to travel here so they bring nothing to the table. At least with FIU or FAU you got a trip to Miami and the Gold Coast.
    That's the EXACT same thing people say about us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Really? You want to provide a link to back that up or are you just pulling crap out of your ___ again?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I chose the lesser of all evils. NMSU.
    Me too

I was their(as a KofC volunteer) SHSU had about 7-8k. NDSU had 12-14k. NDSU has a cool fans base. I have to add that NDSU had surprisely nice looking female fans. I lot of Scandinavian influence if I were to guess.

Back to my point.No way to Sam Houston. They were mostly done just after halftimeeven had to ask some why leaving, trying to be encouraging "have to hold the rope". I think they went smoked a few instead. School is close to be being about the same size as ULfew students at game & only a 3 hour road trip.

I have to bite my lip but I have a preference but I am hesitant to say cause I'm out of beer. This is very depressing to even think we are transitioning back into the SLC again. From work years ago I had a chance to spend a few days in Statesboro. Not far from Savannah. It's closer to Savannah than Tech is to Shreveport. It's a nice town. I'm heading to Kroger for those beers.

PP #2

Aim low sheriff, they're riding Shetlands.

I suspect that the schools that eventually get into the Belt do not want to be there when it all breaks up next year.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

It won't all break up, but I do believe that the NBE, MWC, and CUSA will each end up adding several new members. As long as UL gets a spot in one of those, we'll be fine. Anyone still in the Sun Belt when this ends won't continue to play at the FBS level for long.

Want to know the saddest part? The "leaders" of this university just don't get it. They take money from athletics to fund academics when athletics is the best advertising your university can get. Athletics increases admissions, creates brand awareness, and increases donations to the alumni association. Pride?! Duh.

When is the last time 50,000 people drove hours, booked hotel rooms, packed restaurants and drank the French Quarter dry to see an English professor? Duh?!

Sorry we have an airport right here and we have interstate that runs from Houston to New Orleans if you do not want to fly into Lafayette. It is much easier to get here than is Boone, North Carolina. Beautiful country around Boone, but you have to be going there to get there.

Geaux Cajuns!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Absolutely untrue. They say derogative things about UL, but that is not one of them. Do you know why Lafayette is referred to as the Hub City? We have one of the easiest vehicular paths east/west and north/south in Louisiana. if not the southern states.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information