Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Templeton; Geography and other Criteria

1. UL Baseball Templeton; Geography and other Criteria

You have to be kidding me? These pairings have so very little to do with geography.

As for the last regional host .
    You need a regional in Wichita to house New Orleans, Oral Roberts, and Arizona?

It looks like they tried hard to ignore geography in a number of the pairings.

It is great that Troy made the field. I do not think anyone saw that coming. Maybe a makeup for missing UL last season.

Brian

2. Default Re: Geography?

Geography was ignored in many of the pairings. No reason the Cajuns shouldn't be hosting as a 1 seed.

Default Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ You have to be kidding me? These pairings have so very little to do with geography.

It is great that Troy made the field. I do not think anyone saw that coming. Maybe a makeup for missing UL last season.

Brian _
    Brian, can you post the pairings and seedings for those of us who are not near a television? Please and thanks!

_ You have to be kidding me? These pairings have so very little to do with geography.

Brian _
    Arizona a traveling #1?

I smelled B.S. when I heard those arguments The Cajuns didn't get a host slot because the NCAA didn't want to give them one (period). It had NOTHING to do with the loss Saturday. As I suspected, two fly-ins to Wichita. They could have done that in Lafayette as well. The conference tourney B.S. as well. How many teams are hosting and even national seeds without winning their conference tournament. UL's loss Saturday was just the excuse the NCAA needed. If it wouldn't have been that, it would have been something else as abstract and B.S. as geography. I feel for the team and coaches, but it is time to put it behind and take it out on wheoever they put between UL and EAUXMAHA. Maybe Troy gets in as a makeup for our snub on the hosting bid as well.

Brian _
    Maybe we get the make up call next year.

UL Baseball Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard
    _ Arizona a traveling #1?

I smelled B.S. when I heard those arguments The Cajuns didn't get a host slot because the NCAA didn't want to give them one (period). It had NOTHING to do with the loss Saturday. As I suspected, two fly-ins to Wichita. They could have done that in Lafayette as well. The conference tourney B.S. as well. How many teams are hosting and even national seeds without winning their conference tournament. UL's loss Saturday was just the excuse the NCAA needed. If it wouldn't have been that, it would have been something else as abstract and B.S. as geography. I feel for the team and coaches, but it is time to put it behind and take it out on wheoever they put between UL and EAUXMAHA. Maybe Troy gets in as a makeup for our snub on the hosting bid as well. _

I really feel for the kids at this time. You work to maintain a good "RPI" ,set
    your schedule so that you have a decent balance between home and away games. finish first in your conference for what. someone tell me please. The Cajuns got screwed, I'am sorry. I hope the Cajuns got into the regionals with a attitude.

Brian _
    u are so correct.i did not have a problem with Wichita hosting. I DO have a problem with them being a #1. It might have set better with me if UNO was not put there. That tells me they were clueless and that RPI must not mean a whole lot and neither does geography. This selection process changes every year to fit whatever they want it to fit. Troy in with a #54??? Cajuns out with a #46 last year?? I Am happy for Troy and the conference but dont make senseto be honest I think that they have a better draw than us!!

8. UL Baseball Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard
    Arizona a traveling #1?

I smelled B.S. when I heard those arguments The Cajuns didn't get a host slot because the NCAA didn't want to give them one (period). It had NOTHING to do with the loss Saturday. As I suspected, two fly-ins to Wichita. They could have done that in Lafayette as well. The conference tourney B.S. as well. How many teams are hosting and even national seeds without winning their conference tournament. UL's loss Saturday was just the excuse the NCAA needed. If it wouldn't have been that, it would have been something else as abstract and B.S. as geography. I feel for the team and coaches, but it is time to put it behind and take it out on wheoever they put between UL and EAUXMAHA. Maybe Troy gets in as a makeup for our snub on the hosting bid as well.
    No, Arizona is the #2.

Brian

9. UL Baseball Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Brian, can you post the pairings and seedings for those of us who are not near a television? Please and thanks!
    Here is the current link. But they made a big mistake in pairing Wofford and Western Carolina in the same regional. They need to correct this.

http://ncaasports.com/baseball/mens/.cial64/2007/DI

Brian

_ Here is the current link. But they made a big mistake in pairing Wofford and Western Carolina in the same regional. They need to correct this.

Brian _
    same conference I guess.?

11. UL Baseball Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    Maybe we get the make up call next year.
    Well, I am listening in on the conference call right now. Jay asked him a detailed question concerning Wichita State and UL (battle for a #1 seed), using the data I presented on this board. Templeton was stuttering and had his tail between his legs. Jay nailed him! He had no answer.

I am sure Templeton will remember this next year.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun
    I Am happy for Troy and the conference but dont make senseto be honest I think that they have a better draw than us!! _
    I don't know. I'm pretty happy with our draw. Anyone else think we have a good shot at winning this one? It could be a whole lot worse, IMHO.

_ Here is the current link. But they made a big mistake in pairing Wofford and Western Carolina in the same regional. They need to correct this.

Brian _
    Brian,

They have corrected it. Jacksonville & Wofford are switching. Talk about make you look bad. Unless this was just typographical (doubt it) then they have egg on their face.

Maybe it's not too late to correct the bigger error and put a regional in Lafayette.what a debacle. This is no small thing. The term "idiots" come to mind. How can 10 guys mess up this badly???? I'm trying to be gracious, but that is absolutely incompetent and it show you how little a non-BCS team's interests are taken into account. Spare me the explanation, Templeton. Admit your committee's stance vs. non-BCS schools.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos
    _ I don't know. I'm pretty happy with our draw. Anyone else think we have a good shot at winning this one? It could be a whole lot worse, IMHO. _
    I definitely like our draw. think about it

OSU won their tourny to get in as an automatic bid they finished poorly in regular season conference play behind teams that didn't even make the field. Le Moyne is consistant with 25 or so wins in last 28 games. but against a very week schedule. And of course. A&M if you think about it actually won of the weaker #1 seeds granted they play in a tough conference but they did finish 5th. and put together a good tourny run to earn a 1 seed. I hear they have one really good pitcher SO WHAT if they save him for us (assuming we beat OSU), WE SAVE Farquhar for them! It's not like we're pitching a lesser experienced or weaker pitcher in Moody the first game. He's got the most regional experience of all our pitchers. and a win. We can swing the bats with anyone.

All in all, I like our draw. alot. It's almost like NCAA said, yea your not hosting, but you get a regional with a weak 3 seed and one of the week 1 seeds.

Go Cajuns! I have my hotel booked already!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information