Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Templeton; Geography and other Criteria

1. UL Baseball Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90
    Brian,

They have corrected it. Jacksonville & Wofford are switching. Talk about make you look bad. Unless this was just typographical (doubt it) then they have egg on their face.
    It was not typographical. I spotted it right before I got onto the media conference call. And then when the conference call commenced, they announced that they had made a mistake and that they were notifying the respective institutions. They then announced how the brackets were going to be changed to rectify the situation.

Listening to the conference call, I was extremely unimpressed with the capabilities and knowledge of Templeton. And they were extremely inconsistent this year in their seedings and placements (more than in past seasons).

It makes me wonder if it is worth trying to put together a full NCAA Tournament Projection. Because then you get this piece of work from the NCAA. I feel my bracket is a much better bracket that balances the regionals and is an excellent fit in terms of geography. In fact, I had Wofford in the Columbia regional to begin with. This is where the NCAA moved Wofford after they realized the mistake. And if they knew where Wofford is located (Spartanburg), they would have realized than Columbia makes much more sense than Chapel Hill. And there is not much difference in terms of strength between Jacksonville and Wofford. Gets a map folks! Or get someone in there that will do the job right.

Brian

2. UL Baseball Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard
    same conference I guess.?
    Yup. Southern Conference. But you think they would have known that since they spent a lot of time considering College Of Charleston (Conference co-champ and #1 seed, who also won head-to-head vs. Western Carolina) for the field before leaving them out. And certainly Western Carolina had to be in the discussion at the very end. This equals a lot of discussion on two teams in the Southern Conference, yet they seem to forget that the auto-bid winner Wofford is in that conference when they slot them in the Chapel Hill regional with Western Carolina. College of Charleston stays home.

Brian

Default Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Well, I am listening in on the conference call right now. Jay asked him a detailed question concerning Wichita State and UL (battle for a #1 seed), using the data I presented on this board. Templeton was stuttering and had his tail between his legs. Jay nailed him! He had no answer.

I am sure Templeton will remember this next year.

Brian
    Is there any way we can get an audio clip of Jay's question and templeton's lack of adequate response? I think that might sooth my anger. Hearing him squirm.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!

UL Baseball Re: Geography?

Here you go. Jays questions are about 3/4 of the way through the call.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1048/497811.mp3

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    _ Here you go. Jays questions are about 3/4 of the way through the call.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1048/497811.mp3 _
    ahhh, I think if you look at the data and look at the non conference skedyools, of who those two teams played, um, eh, I would say that swayed a very very thin decision uh difficult decision point.the top 100 teams that whicita state played compared to the top 100 teams that ul played.these were difficult decisions and this comittee struggled for a long time over those last seeds.and uh i think its a tribute to lafayette that they were at that point.uh.not.you you got a lot of the data that we had, but at the end of the day there were 10 people that voted highly thought they ought to be ranked and uh there was a very thin line, best way i know how to put it.

7. Default Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    _ Here you go. Jays questions are about 3/4 of the way through the call.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1048/497811.mp3 _
    Score
    UL-8
    WS-1

All he could say was in the end 10 people close vote.

ps What rhineaux said.

Jay sure did make Templeton look stupid

you know what I like about that audio clip, besides Jay's prowess, and Templeton squirming in his pants because he realizes they screwed up big time? I like how Jay ever so subtley- but noticeably slips in "Louisiana" as our name.

Jay, thanks for all you do.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!

10. Default Re: Geography?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    _ Jay sure did make Templeton look stupid _
    omg. WOW! Jay owns this guy! He had nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Score
    UL-8
    WS-1

All he could say was in the end 10 people close vote.

ps What rhineaux said.
    I'd like to know how WS even got the 1 and which one factor did they beat us out on. Or was that just Jay being polite?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm proud of Jay. It was humorous to hear each and every sportswriter position his question and Templeton provide a perfectly acceptable explanation. Jay put it out there and Templeton was stumped. and could only lean on. "10 people voted". Well, everyone with 3 live brain cells who listened to this teleconference, knew that the committee got it wrong. Hopefully, that will make a difference for us in future considerations.
    Thanks for representing very well Jay!

Did anyone else hear the laughing in the background while Jay was rattling off his stats? IMO, that sums up Templeton and the committee. We got hosed and everyone knows it.

Record versus top 25/50.

Quote Originally Posted by jdebaillon
    _ Did anyone else hear the laughing in the background while Jay was rattling off his stats? IMO, that sums up Templeton and the committee. We got hosed and everyone knows it. _
    That was one of those "I wanna crawl in a hole and hide" moments for LT. He did come back with "Well, um at the end of the day 10 members blah blah blah."

If the 10 committee members AND STAFF had the half the analytical skills Gonegolfin used this past week IN HIS SPARE TIME, applied objectively, we'd be at home this weekend.

I don't think anyone should have to apologize to their school, fans and team for playing better than schools to the north.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information