View Poll Results: Are the Cajuns a #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • #1 seed in Wichita

10 32.26%
  • #2 seed in College Station

18 58.06%
  • #1 seed elseware

0 0%
  • #2 seed elseware

3 9.68%

Thread: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

1. UL Baseball Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Several things can happen in a few hours. Two of the likely scenarios are a #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station. After hearing what the chairman of the committee (Larry Templeton) had to say yesterday concerning the reasons why UL was not awarded a host site by the NCAA Selection Committee, what do you think the NCAA Selection Committee will do with the Cajuns?

1) Admit that the Cajuns are a #1 seed, stick to the geography rationale for not awarding a regional site to Lafayette, and ship them to Wichita State as a #1 seed?

or

2) Maintain that the Cajuns are not a #1 seed due to their conference tournament finish, despite the better resume than that of Wichita State, and send them to College Station as a #2 seed or somewhere else away from home?

Brian

Default Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Do you have a link to the press conference by Larry Templeton?

3. UL Baseball Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    Do you have a link to the press conference by Larry Templeton?
    No, but I posted links to the articles discussing the regional sites in another thread, yesterday. These articles had quotes from the selection committee.

https://forumeus.com/sh.23&postcount=1

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ No, but I posted links to the articles discussing the regional sites in another thread, yesterday. These articles had quotes from the selection committee.

https://forumeus.com/sh.23&postcount=1

Brian _

What the Templeton NCAA selection committe is saying is we do not believe that the Cajuns warrent being a regional host or a number one seed. You are over achievers. I think the Cajuns ought to be pi--ed.

UL Baseball Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Digger
    _ What the Templeton NCAA selection committe is saying is we do not believe that the Cajuns warrent being a regional host or a number one seed. You are over achievers. I think the Cajuns ought to be pi--ed. _
    What I got out of it was that the Cajuns and the Shockers are viewed as more or less equal, but the Shockers have a better location to balance the entire field of 64. Had we won, maybe we get the nod over the Shockers. TAMU had a great non conference season, and was in the final game of the much stronger Big XII tournament. I love my Cajuns but we are making a bunch of excuses for them. They had every advantage Saturday, and they earned those, but you have to make hay with that. I am sure the NCAA noticed we did not use those advantages to our benefit.

6. UL Baseball Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    What I got out of it was that the Cajuns and the Shockers are viewed as more or less equal, but the Shockers have a better location to balance the entire field of 64. Had we won, maybe we get the nod over the Shockers. TAMU had a great non conference season.
    I do not have a problem with Texas A&M hosting, it could have gone either way. What I do have a problem with is the committe (Templeton in particular) harping on A&M's strong non-conference record (28-2), but glazing over the fact that only two of those games were on the road! A&M played twenty more home games than road games this season. Meanwhile, the Cajuns played eight more road games than home games this season. A differential bigger than any team in the RPI Top 25. Dig deeper NCAA!

I do have a problem with Wichita State as a host and using geography as an argument. #1, the Cajuns have a stronger resume. #2, in pouring through my bracket and working on geographical considerations last night, I am not convinced that a Wichita regional was needed. I think that it had more to do with providing the appearance of being more regional and spreading things around. When in reality, a lot of the schools that would be considered for the Wichita and Columbia, MO regionals are getting on a plane anyway.

And you folks know that if I thought Wichita State had the better resume, I would say so. They are close . but I discern a difference between the two (as illustrated in my posts yesterday). One is a #1 seed and one is a #2 seed. The #2 seed happens to be hosting a regional.

Brian

7. NCAA Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

. . . What I do have a problem with is the committe (Templeton in particular) harping on A&M's strong non-conference record (28-2), but glazing over the fact that only two of those games were on the road! A&M played twenty more home games than road games this season. Meanwhile, the Cajuns played eight more road games than home games this season. A differential bigger than any team in the RPI Top 25. Dig deeper NCAA!
    I have a feeling (and your post alludes to it) that if this nugget were presented to the NCAA commitee members they would be hearing it for the 1st time.

I do not have a problem with Texas A&M hosting, it could have gone either way. What I do have a problem with is the committe (Templeton in particular) harping on A&M's strong non-conference record (28-2), but glazing over the fact that only two of those games were on the road! A&M played twenty more home games than road games this season. Meanwhile, the Cajuns played eight more road games than home games this season. A differential bigger than any team in the RPI Top 25. Dig deeper NCAA!

I do have a problem with Wichita State as a host and using geography as an argument. #1, the Cajuns have a stronger resume. #2, in pouring through my bracket and working on geographical considerations last night, I am not convinced that a Wichita regional was needed. I think that it had more to do with providing the appearance of being more regional and spreading things around. When in reality, a lot of the schools that would be considered for the Wichita and Columbia, MO regionals are getting on a plane anyway.

And you folks know that if I thought Wichita State had the better resume, I would say so. They are close . but I discern a difference between the two (as illustrated in my posts yesterday). One is a #1 seed and one is a #2 seed. The #2 seed happens to be hosting a regional.

Brian
    I know it is too late now, but has Mr. Templeton been informed of TAMU schedule being so home oriented. If not, is there a tactful way of making he and the committe aware of this in order that this situation be considered in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    _ I know it is too late now, but has Mr. Templeton been informed of TAMU schedule being so home oriented. If not, is there a tactful way of making he and the committe aware of this in order that this situation be considered in the future. _
    I don't think it would make any difference. Templeton got Miss State in last year and they did not even make the SEC tournament. The NCAA is for the benefit of the BCS schools and every once and a while they will throw a crumb to a smaller school to make it look like it is fair. As always if not in a major conference you have to do twice as much and if you blink once they will use that as the excuse to throw off the bridge. They use different criteria every year for the smaller conferences to keep them out but accept the same mediocre results from the power conferences. It would not suprise me if they made the Cajuns a 3# seed.

10. UL Baseball Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    I know it is too late now, but has Mr. Templeton been informed of TAMU schedule being so home oriented. If not, is there a tactful way of making he and the committe aware of this in order that this situation be considered in the future.
    Media questions in the conference call today will help.

I mentioned that we at SEBaseball.com will take a look (Paul mostly - we will provide suggestions and review) at an alternative RPI and present data as to why it is important to account for the inordinate amount of home games being scheduled by the elite teams in the elite conferences.

Brian

11. Default Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Did ay #1 seeds travel?

12. UL Baseball Re: Poll: #1 seed in Wichita or a #2 seed in College Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Did ay #1 seeds travel?
    No. First time ever. Wouldn't you know it (when we were that #1 seed travel candidate).

Now, who are the goofballs that continue to vote in this poll hours after the selections have been announced? Z must be around here somewhere.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No. First time ever. Wouldn't you know it (when we were that #1 seed travel candidate).

Now, who are the goofballs that continue to vote in this poll hours after the selections have been announced? Z must be around here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ _
    I voted for Sanjaya

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    I voted for Sanjaya
    dude had some whacked hair.or so Ive been told.

Z.

Thread Information