Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BB 2007: Hosting or Not? NOT!

UL Baseball BB 2007: Hosting or Not? NOT!

ESPN just showed the regional sites. We were not listed. A&M was listed as a host.

Southeastern 4 (Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt)
    Atlantic Coast 3 (Florida St., North Carolina, Virginia)
    Big 12 3 (Missouri, Texas, Texas A&M)
    Big South 1 (Coastal Caro.)
    Big West 1 (Long Beach St.)
    Conference USA 1 (Rice)
    Missouri Valley 1 (Wichita St.)
    Pacific-10 1 (Arizona St.)
    West Coast 1 (San Diego)

2. Default Re: No host site

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    _ ESPN just showed the regional sites. We were not listed. A&M was listed as a host. _
    no respect, as usual. At least Cajuns have a lot of experience on the road this year. Whether sunbelt was #6 rated conferenc, #16 rated conference, or #1 rated conference probably meant nothing to the selection committee. I wonder if they even seriously considered giving the Cajuns a regional.

3. UL Baseball Re: No host site

They decided to give one to Wichita State. This was the other hit for the Cajuns.

I look for the Cajuns to probably be in College Station as a #2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    ESPN just showed the regional sites. We were not listed. A&M was listed as a host.

Southeastern 4 (Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt)
    Atlantic Coast 3 (Florida St., North Carolina, Virginia)
    Big 12 3 (Missouri, Texas, Texas A&M)
    Big South 1 (Coastal Caro.)
    Big West 1 (Long Beach St.)
    Conference USA 1 (Rice)
    Missouri Valley 1 (Wichita St.)
    Pacific-10 1 (Arizona St.)
    West Coast 1 (San Diego)

4. UL Baseball Re: No host site

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    They decided to give one to Wichita State. This was the other hit for the Cajuns.

I look for the Cajuns to probably be in College Station as a #2 seed.
    Or as a traveling #1 seed to Wichita State or College Station.

It is possible that if Baylor beats Texas A&M today that the Cajuns could be a #1 seed in College Station. A loss today would give A&M a 15-15 conference record. If they win the Big XII title, they are a #1 seed.

Brian

Default Re: No host site

_ They decided to give one to Wichita State. This was the other hit for the Cajuns.

I look for the Cajuns to probably be in College Station as a #2 seed. _
    that is not a good thing!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun
    that is not a good thing!!!!!
    Hey ya'll, just think what might have been if we had decided to get off the bus yesterday????

Do not blame the NCAA selection committee! WE let ourselves down on this one. NO ONE to blame but us.

L'Ronte'

_ Or as a traveling #1 seed to Wichita State or College Station.

It is possible that if Baylor beats Texas A&M today that the Cajuns could be a #1 seed in College Station. A loss today would give A&M a 15-15 conference record. If they win the Big XII title, they are a #1 seed.

Brian _
    Looking at the stats it boiled down to one of two things. Either our lack of record against the TOP 50. We played a total of six games against the Top 50 while Wichita played twenty one games against the Top 50. Or it was a facilities issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    _ Hey ya'll just think what might have been if we had decided to get off the bus yesterday????

Do not blame the NCAA selection committee! WE let ourselves down on this one. NO ONE to blame but us.

L'Ronte' _
    u are correct.just think that we have done enough with our RPI to be a #1.I wonder what coach Robes reaction is?? It is still possible that we can be a #1 and travel but i think that this list of host sites will allow all of them to host. I think that there is still one game left that can weigh on the minds of the committee for the last possible #1 spotthe A&M game.

UL Baseball Re: No host site

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90
    _ Looking at the stats it boiled down to one of two things. Either our lack of record against the TOP 50. We played a total of six games against the Top 50 while Wichita played twenty one games against the Top 50. Or it was a facilities issue. _
    Best case scenario at this point. Baylor beats A&M and we are sent to College Station as a traveling #1 seed. If we get the #1 we can blame it on facilities and hopefully fires will be lit to make whatever upgrades to the Tigue that need to be made - NOW! Regardless, we need to make sure facility is NOT an issue next year. Press and lighting MUST be upgraded THIS offseason. Maybe we'll host a SuperRegional if the right things happen on each side of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90
    _ Looking at the stats it boiled down to one of two things. Either our lack of record against the TOP 50. We played a total of six games against the Top 50 while Wichita played twenty one games against the Top 50. Or it was a facilities issue. _
    Are you suprised by the selection committee doing this or did you figure this would happen?

_ Are you suprised by the selection committee doing this or did you figure this would happen? _
    Surprised yes but "Shocked" no. The one other thing that could be a slight factor is geography. That will play out when we see the whole field announced tomorrow. The Shockers did not have a winning record against the Top 50 and their non conference RPI was only 48th.

I'm starting to lean more towards geography and facilities as possible reasons. I just don't think the Shockers resume adds up to ours. We were borderline the whole way and keep in mind there are only sixteen slots for 293 teams. The Cajuns have gotten it done all year long on the road so we just have to keep it up.

12. UL Baseball Re: No host site

Are you suprised by the selection committee doing this or did you figure this would happen?
    I am not surprised. I had Mark Etheridge (SEBaseball.com) waffling at the last second (he had A&M and UL . and was thinking about bringing in Arizona for UL or A&M . Wichita State was a surprise to him).

But we both agreed that it was a better than even shot that the Cajuns would be a #1 seed and a host. Now we get to find out if we are a #1 seed or not. If we are, we are probably going to Wichita State . or Texas A&M if Baylor comes back and beats the Aggies.

Brian

_ I am not surprised. I had Mark Etheridge (SEBaseball.com) waffling at the last second (he had A&M and UL . and was thinking about bringing in Arizona for UL or A&M . Wichita State was a surprise to him).

But we both agreed that it was a better than even shot that the Cajuns would be a #1 seed and a host. Now we get to find out if we are a #1 seed or not. If we are, we are probably going to Wichita State . or Texas A&M if Baylor comes back and beats the Aggies.

Brian _
    How do you feel about facing Wichita State over there with us as a #1 seed? How is there pitching? Would that be a better scenario for our chances than going to A&M? Any chance we go to Oxford? I don't think Vandy or Rice is likely as UL would certainly be an upper #2 seed if a two. Texas?

If we are, we are probably going to Wichita State . or Texas A&M if Baylor comes back and beats the Aggies.

Brian _
    Who would the other traveling #1 seed be if Wichita and A&M end up #2 seeds?

15. Default Re: No host site

I haven't been this disappointed in a really long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information