Thread: Myers' status remains uncertain

1. Default Myers' status remains uncertain

The issue is whether All-American senior shortstop Nerissa Myers will come back from a broken ankle even though she is nowhere near fully physically healthy, or if she will sit out the rest of the season on an NCAA medical redshirt and return again for a final season in 2014.

Default Re: Myers' status remains uncertain

I think the Advertiser is playing a late April Fools joke on us by putting Tim Buckley's name on this article.

Am I the only one on the medical redshirt bandwagon? I'd much rather a full year of Nerissa with another year under these other girls' belts.

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    Am I the only one on the medical redshirt bandwagon? I'd much rather a full year of Nerissa with another year under these other girls' belts.
    I don't see why some would object if she waited until she was 100 percent and stuck around another year. That's a another FULL year with an All American, baring another injury.

Remember you are talking about the NCAA. I would not trust them to give the medical redshirt, are change there mind and take it back.

Has she already burned a red-shirt year?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Has she already burned a red-shirt year?
    Not a medical red shirt yr

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not a medical red shirt yr
    Not any redshirt. I'm pretty sure she started her freshman year at shortstop.

9. UL Tennis Re: Myers' status remains uncertain

Pretty sure it would have to be a waiver. She probably already played in too many games this season, the school would of course know for sure. If she would be granted another year, hell yea let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Pretty sure it would have to be a waiver. She probably already played in too many games this season, the school would of course know for sure. If she would be granted another year, hell yea let's do it.
    Lotief mentioned she was under that threshold right now.

She did play her true freshman year, also.

11. UL Tennis Re: Myers' status remains uncertain

The save her for next year if she is agreeable. Always a good thing to add to your education.

12. Default Re: Myers' status remains uncertain

If Nerissa Myers gets another year I will scream at the top of my lungs "YAHOO!"

The choice is up to her. She is eligible to redshirt, Mike wants her to redshirt, others close to her want her to redshirt, she is the one balking at redshirting. It's not just her ankle that is giving her problems, her shoulder she hurt at the beginning of the season has not fully healed. She needs to redshirt.

Thread Information