Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How bad do we need to win. and at what cost?

Default How bad do we need to win. and at what cost?

Just sitting here wondering how hard do we go after winning the tourney tomorrow.

If we get to the finals have we accomplished our goal of Hosting a Regional? My question really revolves around using Danny F? He pitched on Wednesday. I am guessing if this were do or die tomorrow (championship game) he would be available for a few innings perhaps I am wrong on that assumption but my base question is this. If we get to the Finals, are we pretty much in as a Host??? And if so how hard do we chase it??

Don't get me wrong. I sat through the swelter of 28-3 to see the dogpile. I'd love to see it again tomorrow. and next weekend another and the following another and dare I dream??? lol

Thoughts

2. UL Baseball Re: How bad do we need to win. and at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    _ Just sitting here wondering how hard do we go after winning the tourney tomorrow.

If we get to the finals have we accomplished our goal of Hosting a Regional? My question really revolves around using Danny F? He pitched on Wednesday. I am guessing if this were do or die tomorrow (championship game) he would be available for a few innings perhaps I am wrong on that assumption but my base question is this. If we get to the Finals, are we pretty much in as a Host??? And if so how hard do we chase it??

Don't get me wrong. I sat through the swelter of 28-3 to see the dogpile. I'd love to see it again tomorrow. and next weekend another and the following another and dare I dream??? lol

Thoughts _
    I HATE DOG PILES,I KNOW THESE GUYS ARE YOUNG AND STRONG BUT I WORRY ABOUT SOMEONE GETTING INJURED AND MANY DOG PILES SEEM FAKE.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: How bad do we need to win. and at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by old catcher
    _ I HATE DOG PILES,I KNOW THESE GUYS ARE YOUNG AND STRONG BUT I WORRY ABOUT SOMEONE GETTING INJURED AND MANY DOG PILES SEEM FAKE. _
    Tony ought to disallow it. It's all good until we hurt someone and we handicap ourselves in the regionals. It's avoidable and stupid. When we take Omaha, Tony should consider it, but not until.

4. UL Baseball Re: How bad do we need to win. and at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    _ Tony ought to disallow it. It's all good until we hurt someone and we handicap ourselves in the regionals. It's avoidable and stupid. When we take Omaha, Tony should consider it, but not until. _
    IT`S OUT OF CONTROL, THE 11 YEAR OLDS I COACH WANTED TO DOG PILE THE OTHER NITE BECAUSE WE FINALLY WON A GAME, BUT IF THE CAJUNS EVER TAKE OMAHA I`LL DOG PILE WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS IN THE LIVING ROOM.

Oh lighten up guys. Sounds like yall are casting for a position in the NFL the No Fun League let boys be boys and dogpile.

Now what are your thoughts on the need to win to host question??

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Oh lighten up guys. Sounds like yall are casting for a position in the NFL the No Fun League let boys be boys and dogpile.

Now what are your thoughts on the need to win to host question?? _
    I'm sure a couple of em would swing bats at each other if Tony'n let em. No huge deal. I just think dogpiling when you have games left in a season is a little on the numbskull side.

As for needing to win to host. I'm not sure. I don't think we should have to throttle off on the pitching this weekend for next week, if that is what you mean. Are you worried about overworking our aces, or are you just wondering if we have already sealed up a #1 and a host?

The latter I'm wondering if the host thing is settled if we make the finals and lose

that being the case I'd not even let Danny F dress out. I mean he might get caught in the dogpilej/k.

seriously though while we would play to win I think we might strategize a bit different if things are sewed up I know there are never any assurances but was hoping Brian might look through those goggles to Sunday and predict what a loss in the Finals would mean on Sunday Will we see UL pop up on Sunday as a host in that case??

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    _ I just think dogpiling when you have games left in a season is a little on the numbskull side.
    Even after winning a championship you have not won since 1999??

_ The latter I'm wondering if the host thing is settled if we make the finals and lose

that being the case I'd not even let Danny F dress out. I mean he might get caught in the dogpilej/k.

seriously though while we would play to win I think we might strategize a bit different if things are sewed up I know there are never any assurances but was hoping Brian might look through those goggles to Sunday and predict what a loss in the Finals would mean on Sunday Will we see UL pop up on Sunday as a host in that case?? _

The Cajuns are borderline on a host spot and at this point I don't think that will change until the announcement on Sunday. I don't even think the committee members can answer that question in their own minds until Sunday. So the answer remains nobody knows. The Cajuns might not have to win, might have to win, or it might not make a difference either way. Nothing guarantee's a lock.

10. UL Baseball Re: How bad do we need to win. and at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90
    _ The Cajuns are borderline on a host spot and at this point I don't think that will change until the announcement on Sunday. I don't even think the committee members can answer that question in their own minds until Sunday. So the answer remains nobody knows. The Cajuns might not have to win, might have to win, or it might not make a difference either way. Nothing guarantee's a lock. _
    I AGREE-----WHY DON`T WE ALL MEET AT LEGENDS AND DO A DOG PILE?

_ I AGREE-----WHY DON`T WE ALL MEET AT LEGENDS AND DO A DOG PILE? _
    Just on an announcement??? ohhhhh noo. we cannot have any fun with this. need to be reserved and calmlol

Hey Im in

UL Baseball Re: How bad do we need to win. and at what cost?

_ I AGREE-----WHY DON`T WE ALL MEET AT LEGENDS AND DO A DOG PILE? _
    I would dog pile with the wife and kids in Nebraska!!!!!

DaddyCajun

_ Even after winning a championship you have not won since 1999?? _
    I want to win the regional, the super regional, and the world series.

I would leave it up to the team in this way. you can dogpile, but I won't take you any further. This is obviously your pinnacle, so we are done. Or, you save the dogpile for winning Omaha. deal?

I agree, save the dog pile for Omaha. In 2000 did we get our #1 pinch runner hurt during the dog pile after So. Carolina. I can't remember his name Chase sombody?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    _ I agree, save the dog pile for Omaha. In 2000 did we get our #1 pinch runner hurt during the dog pile after So. Carolina. I can't remember his name Chase sombody? _
    CHASE BUNDY ENDED UP WITH A BROKEN LEG.OUCH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information