Thread: Gerald Hebert on ESPN 1420

1. Default Gerald Hebert on ESPN 1420

Gerald Hebert is on ESPN 1420 now asking for calls so he can answer questions

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Gerald Hebert on ESPN 1420 now

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun
    _ Gerald Hebert is on ESPN 1420 now asking for calls so he can answer questions _
    As usual I was sleeping and no one called to wake me up!!! I know you just thought I needed a little more beauty sleep!! Thanks for the thoughts.

Can anyone list what he spoke about?

DaddyCajun

Default Re: Gerald Hebert on ESPN 1420 now

DaddyCajun, I spoke with Dr. Barry today. We will get together in early July to set up a meeting in Jennings for a project fund raiser and ragin cajun athletics awareness.

That is great, I hope to speak to Tim tomorrow a.m. and square away our Football season ticket seating situation as well as help out in any way with the Jeff Davis Cajun meeting of Fundraising and Awareness!!

DaddyCajun

Anyone have anything to post on what GH had to say on 1420 today?

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    _ Anyone have anything to post on what GH had to say on 1420 today?

DaddyCajun _
    I just heard a little, but what I did hear was great. Gerald is a great ambassador for this University. His main focus seemed to be on the future and to stop complaining about the past (something I am very guilty of).

My only suggestion would be to get the word out about UL athletic fundraising in other ways so that more people would know about it. Not everybody listens to 1420 or knows about this site. Another suggestion would be to form a group of students to call all, and I mean all UL alum to solicit donations. This should be done every year. It would be relatively cheap since you could get the students on a volunteer basis.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    _ I just heard a little, but what I did hear was great. Gerald is a great ambassador for this University. His main focus seemed to be on the future and to stop complaining about the past (something I am very guilty of).

My only suggestion would be to get the word out about UL athletic fundraising in other ways so that more people would know about it. Not everybody listens to 1420 or knows about this site. Another suggestion would be to form a group of students to call all, and I mean all UL alum to solicit donations. This should be done every year. It would be relatively cheap since you could get the students on a volunteer basis. _
    Kyle (many of you know who I'm talking about) called in yesterday morning. He was critical of a lot of things (imagine that) and said that we needed to get a young AD, maybe as young as in his twenties. Said he didn't even know who David Walker was and that a lot of other folks didn't either.

Well, he called in while Gerald was on. Gerald went through all the things accomplished since David Walker has been AD.

Kyle was so impressed, he came by with a check for $600.00.

Kyle can frequently be a pain in the butt, but he puts his money where his mouth is.

This isn't the first check he's written.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    _ Kyle (many of you know who I'm talking about) called in yesterday morning. He was critical of a lot of things (imagine that) and said that we needed to get a young AD, maybe as young as in his twenties. Said he didn't even know who David Walker was and that a lot of other folks didn't either.

Well, he called in while Gerald was on. Gerald went through all the things accomplished since David Walker has been AD.

Kyle was so impressed, he came by with a check for $600.00.

Kyle can frequently be a pain in the butt, but he puts his money where his mouth is.

This isn't the first check he's written. _

Thread Information