Oct. 3 at Louisiana Tech
    Date TBA Home vs. TBA
    Sun Belt: 4 Home, 4 Away

Sept. 3 Boise State
    Oct. 8 at Tulane
    Date TBA 1 Home/1 Away
    Sun Belt: 4 Home, 4 Away

Default Re: Future Ragin’ Cajuns Football Schedules

Home and home with Boise? Looks like Farmer forgot that Boise wasn't in the MAC.

3. Ragin' Cajuns Boise State, Louisiana Tech & Southern Come To Cajun Field

Home-and-home series with Boise State and Louisiana Tech and home games vs. Akron and Southern highlight additions to the future football schedules. The non-conference schedules through the 2016 season were announced on Tuesday.

As much of a dog as this year's schedule is, I really like the few years after that as listed above. Playing Boise State is great, and getting them to come back here is big. In 2014, we get Southern and La Tech at home, which will be HUGE draws. If, by some chance, we get into CUSA for the 2014 or 15 season, add in games against Southern Miss. That will also draw big. We're going to regularly smash 30,000 over the next few years. Better get the ball rolling on Phase 1A and 1B.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    As much of a dog as this year's schedule is, I really like the few years after that as listed above. Playing Boise State is great, and getting them to come back here is big. In 2014, we get Southern and La Tech at home, which will be HUGE draws. If, by some chance, we get into CUSA for the 2014 or 15 season, add in games against Southern Miss. That will also draw big. We're going to regularly smash 30,000 over the next few years. Better get the ball rolling on Phase 1A and 1B.
    A home game with Boise won't bring many fans from Idaho, but people would come out that aren't regulars at Cajun Field for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    A home game with Boise won't bring many fans from Idaho, but people would come out that aren't regulars at Cajun Field for sure.
    Exactly. It'd be like playing Florida at Cajun Field (to a much lesser degree). You wouldn't get a whole heap of their fans, not like you'd get playing a team like Southern or McNeese, but you would get people from around here that don't usually come who want to see "THE" Florida (or "THE" Boise State, as the case may be).

Considering Southern is coming in 2014 could we possibly see McNeese back here for the home FCS game in 2015 or 2016?

And good work by Farmer on getting a H-H with Boise. I wonder if we could get a similar deal going with ECU. I'm sure some relationships were built through the bowl game.

A round of applause for Scott Farmer

Yeah great job of scheduling. I like that we seem to be distancing ourselves from the MAC home and home.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Yeah great job of scheduling. I like that we seem to be distancing ourselves from the MAC home and home.
    My better judgement wants to think that the Boise AD phoned Farmer directly and said.

Boise AD: Scott.I see you are trying to line up a home and home for Bowling Green in 14 and 16. We are trying to get into recruiting the south heavily and Louisiana is a hotbed. How would a home and home sound?

SF: Jeez um Petes I don't know, I really like the home and home with Bowling Green, they are an up and coming program, donchaknow.

Boise AD: Scott, I can't see any normal human being who can breathe and tie their own shoes turning down this opportunity for the same deal with Bowling Green

SF: (looks down at slip on dress shoes with no laces) Tell you what, you promise me a big ole bag of Idaho potatoes and you got yourself a deal there fella!!

Boise AD: Perfect, I will have the potatoes sent down to you ASAP. Nice talking to you Scott.

SF: You too. (Hangs up phone) Well it's not the MAC, but I guess Boise will do. (grabs Sun Belt towel and nervously pats his forehead to calm his fears)

http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/bois.-in-2014-2016/

I like the fact that they call us Louisiana in the article and have in parenthesis (formally Louisiana Lafayette )

Lines up perfect for a T. Broadway's senior year. We should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad00 View Post
    http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/bois.-in-2014-2016/

I like the fact that they call us Louisiana in the article and have in parenthesis (formally Louisiana Lafayette )
    Nice show of respect. Now if our own administration could learn how to say our name.

It looks like we were working with them on dates before Troy. The two Troy games are later than our dates.

Default Re: Future Ragin' Cajuns Football Schedules

I did a little more research on the 2014 scheduling, Ole Miss / UL / Boise all play each other within 4 weeks

.Aug 28 Ole Miss / Boise in Atlanta
    Sept 13 UL / Ole Miss @ Oxford
    Sept 20 UL / Boise @Boise

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information