Texas A&M vs. Texas at Disch Falk (or College Station) is always a great atmosphere (despite the green concrete), but I am glad that the 2007 Texas hosted regional will be at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock (a beautiful facility). It is also a natural grass facility, which will negate some of that edge Texas has always enjoyed in hosting regionals over the years.

The first two games of the series were tight and decided in the last two innings. Nicholson threw well for A&M on Friday. But Texas tied the game late after A&M failed to score runners on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs in the middle innings and stretch their 4-1 lead. Aggie errors cost them on Friday (6-4 loss as UT scored twice in the 9th) and Saturday (3-2 loss late).

Well, today was ugly. Sunday starter Austin Wood shut down the Aggies and the Longhorns cruised to a 9-1 win. Texas is in the running for the #1 national seed. It probably comes down to Rice and Texas with Vanderbilt #3.

The Texas sweep actually puts Texas A&M in some danger of not being a #1 seed and not hosting a regional. While the Aggies' RPI will come in at around 10 tomorrow, they finished 13-13 in the Big XII. If Nebraska can beat Kansas this evening, the Aggies will finish 5th in the Big XII. The Aggies need to do something in the Big XII Tournament. If they go 0-3 in the Big XII Tournament, they will not be hosting. They may need to at least go 2-1 or 2-2 to secure a #1 seed. Of course, this potentially helps the Cajuns.

Missouri won today to sweep Oklahoma State. Missouri will be hosting, as I projected last week.

Arizona State swept Oregon State on the road this weekend. The Sun Devils will be at minimum a #5 national seed. I think they are #4 right now. ASU sweeping this weekend provides a little boost for the Cajuns RPI-wise.

Brian