Thread: Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

1. UL Baseball Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament Projections

(5/15/2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Benton

Houston Regional
    1. Rice (N1) (Host) (automatic)
    2. Oklahoma State
    3. St. John’s (automatic)
    4. Prairie View A&M (automatic)

Wichita Regional
    1. Mississippi
    2. Wichita State (Host) (automatic)
    3. Kansas State
    4. Rutgers

Nashville Regional
    1. Vanderbilt (N2) (Host) (automatic)
    2. Oregon State
    3. Memphis
    4. Austin Peay State (automatic)

Columbia Regional
    1. Missouri (Host)
    2. Clemson
    3. Creighton
    4. Central Michigan (automatic)

Austin Regional
    1. Texas (N3) (Host) (automatic)
    2. Texas Christian (automatic)
    3. California-Riverside
    4. Binghamton (automatic)

Fayetteville Regional
    1. Arkansas (Host)
    2. Miami
    3. Nebraska
    4. Oral Roberts (automatic)

Tallahassee Regional
    1. Florida State (N4) (Host) (automatic)
    2. Stetson (automatic)
    3. Florida
    4. Bethune Cookman (automatic)

Starkville Regional
    1. Mississippi State (Host)
    2. Louisiana (automatic)
    3. Southern Mississippi
    4. Illinois-Chicago (automatic)

Tempe Regional
    1. Arizona State (N5) (Host) (automatic)
    2. California-Irvine
    3. Minnesota
    4. Brown (automatic)

College Station Regional
    1. Texas A&M (Host)
    2. Arizona
    3. Wake Forest
    4. Texas-San Antonio (automatic)

Chapel Hill Regional
    1. North Carolina (N6) (Host)
    2. College of Charleston (automatic)
    3. Louisville
    4. Lafayette (automatic)

Myrtle Beach Regional
    1. Coastal Carolina (Host)
    2. North Carolina State
    3. Western Carolina
    4. North Carolina-Charlotte (automatic)

Long Beach Regional
    1. Long Beach State (N7) (Host) (automatic)
    2. UCLA
    3. Pepperdine
    4. Quinnipiac (automatic)

San Diego Regional
    1. San Diego (Host) (automatic)
    2. California State-Fullerton
    3. Michigan (automatic)
    4. Fresno State

Columbia Regional
    1. South Carolina (N8) (Host)
    2. Georgia Tech
    3. Troy
    4. Le Moyne (automatic)

Charlottesville Regional
    1. Virginia (Host)
    2. East Carolina
    3. Kentucky
    4. Old Dominion (automatic)

Last Five In:
    Troy
    Western Carolina
    Kentucky
    Memphis
    Rutgers (last team in)

Next Five Out:
    Oklahoma (first team out)
    LSU
    Southern California
    Baylor
    Houston

UL Baseball Re: Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

If it turns out Houston doesn't make it the rain out cost them more than it cost us.

Default Re: Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    _

2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament Projections

(5/15/2007)
    _
    As much as i would love to host, I would be much pleased if this would be our destiny. Thanks for the numbers and stats Brian

4. UL Baseball Re: Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    If it turns out Houston doesn't make it the rain out cost them more than it cost us.
    Yes, although they have a very big series this weekend against USM that they can use to their advantage.

But in reality, Houston is probably about ten spots away from making the tourney field when you factor in the conference tournament upsets that will occur. In fact, Troy probably would not qualify for the field of 64.

Brian

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    _ Yes, although they have a very big series this weekend against USM that they can use to their advantage.

But in reality, Houston is probably about ten spots away from making the tourney field when you factor in the conference tournament upsets that will occur. In fact, Troy probably would not qualify for the field of 64.

Brian _
    Unfortunately, from what I've been reading, the only way the 'Belt will get 2 teams in the Regionals is if someone other than the CAJUNS wins the Confernece Tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course!!

6. UL Baseball Re: Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun
    Unfortunately, from what I've been reading, the only way the 'Belt will get 2 teams in the Regionals is if someone other than the CAJUNS wins the Confernece Tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course!!
    We do not know yet. It depends on how many conference tournament upsets occur, how Troy closes the regular season and performs in the conference tournament, and how other bubble teams fare. Troy can certainly still win an at-large bid. But my point is that when you see NCAA Tournament Projections at this time, they can only assume no conference tournament upsets. And each upset that does happen pops another team on the bubble.

I think that Troy's chances will be hurt if someone other than UL or Troy wins the Sun Belt automatic bid. As much as the NCAA likes to say that they do not look at conference affiliation, I do think it is part of the discussion. But I also would not rule out the possibility of three Sun Belt teams making the field of 64 (with Troy being the second at-large bid). I think that Troy would need to make the conference tournament finals and lose to someone other than UL for that to happen. And have some other things fall into place as well around the country.

Two teams from the Sun Belt is the most likely scenario of all. If the Cajuns win the Sun Belt Tournament, they have a decent chance at a #1 seed. If they are a #1 seed, I think it is unlikely that the NCAA takes only a #1 seed from the 6th->7th rated conference and leaves a bubble team like Troy (assuming they are still in the discussion) at home. But stranger things have happened.

Brian

7. This is so COOL Google Search

I don't know how long these search results are good for or if they are consistent but I just did a search on google for "Brian Benton" and this (5 day old) thread came up 5th (6th if you count the a sub link)

I was wondering if you get the same result? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I just thought that RaginPagin not being a "national" site it was good to know that info posted here can be found nationally.

Thanks Brian.

8. Default Re: Google Search

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I don't know how long these are good for or if they are consistent but I just did a search on google for "Brian Benton" and this (5 day old) thread came up 5th (6th if you count the a sub link)

I was wondering if you get the same result? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    Yes, I get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I just thought that RaginPagin not being a "national" site it was good to know that info posted here can be found nationally.

Thanks Brian.
    Do you mean that you are not buying Google keywords?

Brian

9. Default Re: Brian Benton's 2007 NCAA Baseball Tournament PROJECTIONS (05/15/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Do you mean that you are not buying Google keywords?

Brian _
    LOL for Louisiana and a few other key words, I forgot to include Brian Benton

. . . fringe benifit

Thread Information