Thread: Are you Ready ??

1. UL Football Are you Ready ??

I hear this 07 Football Team will be somethin to reckon with ??? Are there any predictions and star players to watch out for ??? Any new key additions, or players stepping up ???

Default Re: Are you Ready ??

Don't go drinking too much of that "Crunk Juice" just yet. I think we're all a little excited about the upcoming football season but lets not get too carried away. If you're a first time Cajun fan then you'll need to keep your eyes on QB Mike Desormeaux, RB's Tyrell Fenroy and Deon Wallace, and WR Jason Chery. With a new OC coming in, not quite sure what kind of sets and formations we're looking at running. As far as the defensive side of the ball goes with a new DC coming in, again i'm not too sure how he plans on setting things up. But from what i have heard he likes to bring the heat and by heat I mean "YOU BLITZ ALL NIGHT". Which should be an aggressive, up tempo, turnover causing, FUN defense to watch. But lets try to keep calm and not get ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpower07
    I hear this 07 Football Team will be somethin to reckon with ??? Are there any predictions and star players to watch out for ??? Any new key additions, or players stepping up ???

UL Football Re: Are you Ready ??

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle
    WR Jason Chery. _
    Isn't that that skinny guy that got clothes lined by that lineman last year Well at least he looked skinny, compared to that lineman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Isn't that that skinny guy that got clothes lined by that lineman last year Well at least he looked skinny, compared to that lineman!!
    You hit that one right on the nose He got close lined by the "Undertaker" that game. But he should turn out to be a Good wide out for us.

UL Football Re: Are you Ready ??

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle
    _ You hit that one right on the nose He got close lined by the "Undertaker" that game. But he should turn out to be a Good wide out for us. _
    Yeah he's the skinny guy who was a two time state wrestling champion in Florida hs competition. He's also the skinny guy that anchors the UL regional qualified 4x100 Meter Relay. He can play a little WR, too.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

"Michael fakes the hand-off to Fenroy, rolls left, squares himself, he fires it to a streaking Chery. he's wide open, he has it. 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5. touchdown!" THAT is Jason Chery.

Drink the joy juice, get pumped up, and see you at the games!

Yes, I'm ready!

7. UL Football Re: Are you Ready ??

yea i hear Jason Chery has stepped up his game tremendously. I did not get a chance to catch the spring game, but i did not miss much since the game was called off after halftime. But i kno we desperately need the passing game and pass defense to step upis that a key point to increase at >??

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpower07
    _ yea i hear Jason Chery has stepped up his game tremendously. I did not get a chance to catch the spring game, but i did not miss much since the game was called off after halftime. But i kno we desperately need the passing game and pass defense to step upis that a key point to increase at >?? _
    Our receivers as a group ran much better routes in the spring game than they did in the fall. I believe this is a function of having new coaching for that position.

I really am not that concerned about the offense.

9. UL Football Re: Are you Ready ??

I have been hearing that the coaches are doing a great job with helping the players in the fundamental parts of the gamei also believe that our offense should be somethin to reckon with also with our balanced attack.if we can get a threat at tight end and a steady #1 receiver we should be unstoppable.how about those DB's ?

Thread Information