Thread: My Thoughts on #1 Seed??????

1. UL Baseball My Thoughts on #1 Seed??????

Look we all know it is going to be tough for the Cajuns to get a #1 seed in the NCAA baseball tournament, but I think the following things have to happen for the Cajuns to have a chance and even then they are going to need some help.

1. Win the Conference Championship (done)
    2. 40 Wins (this will happen)
    3. Win the SBC Tournament
    4. Win at least 3 of the last 4 regular season games
    5. Finish with a top 15 RPI
    6. Ranked in the TOP 20 (multiple polls)

If all of the above happen the Cajuns have a chance. Regardless, they will be a number 2 seed, barring a complete meltdown at the end of the season.

Good luck and lets hope we get all of the things we need.

Hears wishing for a number 1 seed!!!!!

2. UL Baseball Re: My Thoughts on #1 Seed??????

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave
    Look we all know it is going to be tough for the Cajuns to get a #1 seed in the NCAA baseball tournament, but I think the following things have to happen for the Cajuns to have a chance and even then they are going to need some help.

1. Win the Conference Championship (done)
    2. 40 Wins (this will happen)
    3. Win the SBC Tournament
    4. Win at least 3 of the last 4 regular season games
    5. Finish with a top 15 RPI
    6. Ranked in the TOP 20 (multiple polls)

If all of the above happen the Cajuns have a chance. Regardless, they will be a number 2 seed, barring a complete meltdown at the end of the season.

Good luck and lets hope we get all of the things we need.

Hears wishing for a number 1 seed!!!!!
    #6 does not need to happen. This is not part of the selection and seeding criteria.

Other items that are very important .

How the Cajuns finish against the Base RPI Top 25 and Top 50 is extremely important. This means it is paramount for Troy to remain in the Top 50 (they are on the edge at a Base RPI of 46). Top 75 is also important, but to a lesser degree. The committee looks at this as it is representative of how a given team performed against teams that represent most of the tournament field. The Cajuns also have some opponents that are straggling the Top 75 line and need to be in the fold. But for a #1 seed, Top 25 and Top 50 performance is most important.

Non-conference RPI is also very important. The NCAA will look at this because it realizes that a team cannot control its conference schedule. The Cajuns are solid here and do not want to destroy it by losing Tuesday night.

Road record and total number of road games are quite important. The committee feels that #1 seeds should win road games. The Cajuns can really fatten their road record by winning their final four games. 20 wins on the road will look impressive to the selection committee. But 3/4, as you mention, would be fine as well . as long as that loss is not to Nicholls State.

Finally, record in the last ten and twenty games will be important.

Brian

Thread Information