Thread: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings part deaux

1. UL Baseball Louisiana State Baseball Rankings part deaux

Wow, what a terrible week for Louisiana baseball, outside of a couple of bright spots, UL going 3-0 and NW State going 2-1 for the week. Every other team in the state had a losing week. A total of 11-24 for the week and 5 of those wins were from the 2 above teams. La is going to have a tough time getting more then one team in the NCAA tournament, unless someone wins there conference tournament.

Here is how it all shakes out with only a short part of the season to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave

1. Louisiana (38-13) 3-0 for the week, with a sweep of UALR, they have secured a conference championship and the #1 seed in the SBC tournament. RPI is 13 and heads and shoulders above the rest of the state.

2. LSU (29-24) 1-2 for the week, vs an average Florida team. If it would not have been that Tulane was swept, I think they would have fallen to number three. They stay here by default. With an RPI of 50 or so, it is going to be difficult to get an at large bid.

3. Tulane (30-23) 0-3 for the week vs a #1 seed in Rice, but my how the mighty have fallen. Tulane and there 74 RPI are going to have to make a run in the CUSA tournament to get any shot at an at large bid.

4. SLU (30-21) 0-3 for the week vs Sam Houston State, SLU had a chance to move into the #3 spot, but being swept by SHSU really hurt. Almost like no one wants to be in second place.

5. UNO (31-20) 1-3 for the week losing a single game to Southern and then 2 of 3 vs Troy. UNO is falling at the tail end of the season, hopefully they don't get hot this weekend. Still a dangerous team.

6. La Tech (34-21) 1-2 for the week, taking a single game from Fresno State this weekend, they get the #6 spot by default.

7. ULM (26-24) Falling fast, they lost 2 of 3 to Arkansas State this weekend. This was a team that was leading the SBC only weeks ago.

8. NW State (23-27) 2-1 this week, taking a weekend series vs Lamar. One of the only bright spots for the state this week.

9. McNeese (20-30) 1-2 for the week, losing a weekend series to Texas State.

10. Southern (31-20) No results this week that I could find.

11. Centenary (20-28) 0-4 vs Oral Roberts this weekend. what can you say 2 of the games were close.

12. Nicholls State (10-42) 1-2 for the weekend vs UTSA, 42 losses are you kidding me.

13. Grambling (13-27) No results this week that I could find. But would it really matter, they would still be last.

2. UL Baseball Re: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings part deaux

Almost like no one wants to be in second place.
    LOL True

3. Default Re: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings part deaux

Southern went 2-1 for the week, beating UNO and splitting a doubleheader with Delgado Community College.

Wow, what a terrible week for Louisiana baseball, outside of a couple of bright spots, UL going 3-0 and NW State going 2-1 for the week. Every other team in the state had a losing week. A total of 11-24 for the week and 5 of those wins were from the 2 above teams. La is going to have a tough time getting more then one team in the NCAA tournament, unless someone wins there conference tournament.

Here is how it all shakes out with only a short part of the season to go.

4. Default Re: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings part deaux

Quote Originally Posted by wvla-wgmb
    _ Southern went 2-1 for the week, beating UNO and splitting a doubleheader with Delgado Community College. _
    TKS,

That does not constitute any changes in the poll. Winning vs UNO is good, but splitting with a Junior College is unacceptable for a D-1 team. And before anyone goes off on me, I realize that Delgado is a good baseball team, however, it is still a community college and the players are only there for 2 years.

Default Re: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings part deaux

_ 9. McNeese (20-30) 1-2 for the week, losing a weekend series to Texas State.
    It's even worse than that. We did back in to a spot into the conference tournament even with the 1-2 at Texas St. But the bad news, besides the losses, was that Charlie Kingery apparently broke his wrist running into the centerfield wall trying to catch a fly ball and it looks like he maybe through for the year.

If so, stick a fork in us. We probably won't do anything in the SLC Tournament without him. I'd be very surprised if we did.

Doc

6. Default Re: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings part deaux

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72
    _ It's even worse than that. We did back in to a spot into the conference tournament even with the 1-2 at Texas St. But the bad news, besides the losses, was that Charlie Kingery apparently broke his wrist running into the centerfield wall trying to catch a fly ball and it looks like he maybe through for the year.

If so, stick a fork in us. We probably won't do anything in the SLC Tournament without him. I'd be very surprised if we did.

Doc _
    Ouch sorry to hear that Doc. Hopefully 2008 will get things back on track for the Cowpokes. I hate to see such a down year for La. Baseball. I would much prefer to see 4 or 5 La teams in the dance, rather then 1 or maybe 2

_ Ouch sorry to hear that Doc. Hopefully 2008 will get things back on track for the Cowpokes. I hate to see such a down year for La. Baseball. I would much prefer to see 4 or 5 La teams in the dance, rather then 1 or maybe 2 _
    Good luck to the Cajuns!!!

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72
    _ It's even worse than that. We did back in to a spot into the conference tournament even with the 1-2 at Texas St. But the bad news, besides the losses, was that Charlie Kingery apparently broke his wrist running into the centerfield wall trying to catch a fly ball and it looks like he maybe through for the year.

Doc _
    That really stinks. Kingery is a big time player that would start at virtually any major conference school Terrible loss for your team.

But your team showed me something after starting 3-22. They've got somethin' to 'em. Here's another opportunity to show it. Good luck against the Cards this weekend.

Thread Information