Thread: Offense Wins Scrimmage To End 1st Week of Spring Ball

1. Ragin' Cajuns Offense Wins Scrimmage To End 1st Week of Spring Ball

Another perfect day of weather helped the Ragin’ Cajuns football team complete their first week of practice with an energetic two-hour session on the Louisiana practice field on Saturday morning.

2. Default Re: Offense Wins Scrimmage To End 1st Week of Spring Ball

Where in the hell is this practice taking place???? Hope this is not the Master PLan!!! lol Seriously this photo was of today???

Default Re: Offense Wins Scrimmage To End 1st Week of Spring Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Where in the hell is this practice taking place???? Hope this is not the Master PLan!!! lol Seriously this photo was of today???
    I think someone tried to sneak in an old picture. Looks like a turf field at some high school stadium. The trees look like they are in a swampy area. Maybe it's from a practice before the New Orleans Bowl.

This was of last year
    As you can see harry peoples and leo Bates

Tad Gormley, Boomer I can't believe you couldn't pick that out.

Tad Gornley Stadiume before last years NO Bowl.

7. Default Re: Offense Wins Scrimmage To End 1st Week of Spring Ball

I use to jump that back fence for Pelican games when they played there---Beat the State champs with a FG there---many track meets---20K to beat HC with the Jays----Have seen the record crowd of over 40K in a Jesuit photo---Olympic trials---Coach Tad helped both my brothers for years---Not use to that view!!!

I use to jump that back fence for Pelican games when they played there---Beat the State champs with a FG there---many track meets---20K to beat HC with the Jays----Have seen the record crowd of over 40K in a Jesuit photo---Olympic trials---Coach Tad helped both my brothers for years---Not use to that view!!!
    Heck Boomer, I get that view every year that the Crescent City Classic post-race party is in Tad Gormley. The bands set up near the scoreboard on the south side and the Abita trucks set up around the track.

Pelican games????? Didn't the Pelicans quit playing in the 50's??

This from Wikipedia
    ".they played for two years at City Park Stadium, now called Tad Gormley Stadium, in City Park. The franchise was sold to Little Rock at the end of the 1959 season. "

11. Default Re: Offense Wins Scrimmage To End 1st Week of Spring Ball

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    This from Wikipedia
    ".they played for two years at City Park Stadium, now called Tad Gormley Stadium, in City Park. The franchise was sold to Little Rock at the end of the 1959 season. "
    -----Boomer was in his first teenage year!!! you had to be pretty athletic to scale those fences back then!!

Thread Information