Thread: Microsoft Offers Students Free Office 365 & 20GB SkyDrive Storage

1. Default Microsoft Offers Students Free Office 365 & 20GB SkyDrive Storage

If you’ve got an .EDU email address, then the good news is that you can get six months of free subscription to Microsoft Office 365, plus an additional 20GB of free SkyDrive storage space.

Default Re: Microsoft Offers Students Free Office 365 & 20GB SkyDrive Storage

DAMN! Why can't UL alumni keep their old addresses??????

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    DAMN! Why can't UL alumni keep their old addresses??????
    Lol, I don't know.but there's still an archaic quota on student email inbox size. I believe it's 100 MB.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Lol, I don't know.but there's still an archaic quota on student email inbox size. I believe it's 100 MB.
    I don't need the storage. I could set it to forward somewhere else.

I forwarded all of my UL mail while I was in school and for some reason I still get a monthly email in regards to my louisiana.edu email account. I find it sort of odd.

6. Default Re: Microsoft Offers Students Free Office 365 & 20GB SkyDrive Storage

So you set up an online outlook.com account, forward all your .edu email to it, and it stores it on the 20GB that Microsoft gives you with SkyDrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So you set up an online outlook.com account, forward all your .edu email to it, and it stores it on the 20GB that Microsoft gives you with SkyDrive.
    And now we've come back full circle.

UL would have to allow us to keep our .edu email accounts after graduation. I've been gone 12+ years now as a student.

And now we've come back full circle.

UL would have to allow us to keep our .edu email accounts after graduation. I've been gone 12+ years now as a student.
    Andre, I really think that SGA somewhere between 2007 and 2009 was able to get the administration to make the addresses stay permanently. This would only apply to those who graduated after 2007. The last time I checked was shortly after I finished my MBA in 2011, but I do think that my email address was still active. I'll check with a buddy of mine who was on SGA exec branch during that time and will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc6267 View Post
    Andre, I really think that SGA somewhere between 2007 and 2009 was able to get the administration to make the addresses stay permanently. This would only apply to those who graduated after 2007. The last time I checked was shortly after I finished my MBA in 2011, but I do think that my email address was still active. I'll check with a buddy of mine who was on SGA exec branch during that time and will let you know.
    Tks!

I used my .edu address and got Office Professional free.2012

11. Default Re: Microsoft Offers Students Free Office 365 & 20GB SkyDrive Storage

For those that don't have a .edu address, Office 365 is available on subscription, $10 a month and they give you 5 licenses you can put the software on a PC or Mac in any combination.

Businesses can subscribe for $15 and you always have the latest update. One cool feature if you have the 5 comps maxed out, is you can decommission a computer without removing the software and use a 6th computer. So in theory if you move around a lot you could have office on any number of computers. But no more than 5 per license at any one time.

A great deal if you ask me.

I graduated in the fall of 2011 and my .edu was gone shortly afterwards.

Thread Information