Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Rotation vs ULM

Default Weekend Rotation vs ULM

As some have predicted, coach Robe will tinker with the pitching rotation this weekend. Wilson Friday, Austin Sat, Boutte Sunday. He said he liked the L, R, L lineup and is trying to lower the ERA on Friday to give us a better chance. Griffit is still out this weekend. Strentz is day to day. Should pick Harrison back up as a position player this weekend, but the following weekend as an arm out the pen. Idk what the injury is but I assume it could be arm related?

Default Re: Weekend Rotation vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    As some have predicted, coach Robe will tinker with the pitching rotation this weekend. Wilson Friday, Austin Sat, Boutte Sunday. He said he liked the L, R, L lineup and is trying to lower the ERA on Friday to give us a better chance. Griffit is still out this weekend. Strentz is day to day. Should pick Harrison back up as a position player this weekend, but the following weekend as an arm out the pen. Idk what the injury is but I assume it could be arm related?
    Is Traffica hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Is Traffica hurt?
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Traffica has not practiced this week. He was back home with family after a death in the family.

I think Wilson's earned a shot. I have as much confidence in him out of the pen as I do just about any other arm on the staff. It will be interesting to see how he works out as a starter. I also thought he may have slotted him Sunday instead of Friday, but I'm sure it will help him last longer throwing Friday instead of playing twice before starting.

The article in the Advertiser says Traffica is moving to the bullpen.

some good questions for coach babineaux on his radio show at 11 (til 12p) on ESPN1420 any more for the coach?? hope you get to tune in

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I think Wilson's earned a shot. I have as much confidence in him out of the pen as I do just about any other arm on the staff. It will be interesting to see how he works out as a starter. I also thought he may have slotted him Sunday instead of Friday, but I'm sure it will help him last longer throwing Friday instead of playing twice before starting.
    I was thinking along the same lines as you. They are probably more interested in giving him the best chance to succeed on the mound; we have good depth in the outfield and don't need him there as much as a quality starter on Friday.

I love these moves.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I love these moves.
    I do too.unless they don't work

Will a starter lose his weekend slot after 1 bad outing, (Traffica)???

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    He is coming off of tommy John, maybe his endurance is an issue. We need starters to go deeper into games, boutte needs to do better with this also.

12. Default Re: Weekend Rotation vs ULM

To an extent, preconference is always for evaluation.

Bab on the Sportsnote in :10

Chase Traffica is coming back from Tommy John surgery and has struggled. He has an ERA over 6.00 right now. It might be best for him and the team to get more work in not facing the opponents #1 every Friday night.

I don't think its solely him "losing" his spot so much so that it's also Wilson "earning" a shot at starting on the weekend. Wilson has pitched well thus far, let's see what he can do while Traffica is somewhat struggling. Nothing like a little shot in the arm to Traffica to get his focus back.

okay you leslie's. 269-1077 (smiles)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information