Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Baseball G3: UL (9) Southern Miss (1)

Default Re: Baseball G3: UL (9) Southern Miss (1)

Is Harrison hurt? I saw he didn't play this weekend.

2. Default Re: Baseball G3: UL (9) Southern Miss (1)

I know brother, its been "man this is great, but let em get over 1 more hump". This was a good weekend. There have been some teams over the last 4-5 years that would have packed it in after Friday night. Not these kids!!!!

Z

Im guessing you mean 2011 and 2012. In 2010 those boys fought adversity and finished with an amazing run. If you remember correctly they came up short against Texas and eventually fell to Rice. In 2010 everyone wrote those guys off (including myself) then they won there last 21 out of 23 and swept 4 weekends in a row (something crazy like that). We finally have the passion back that Zach Ozborne, Kyle Olison, Justin Robicheaux, and Chad Keefer displayed. I loved that team in 2010 and this team has that passion and fight mixed with talent and depth.

I have been very negative towards the program, and in particular Coach Robe over the last couple of years. Although the team had a great start to the season, I was still very skeptical as I did not believe we had played any real contenders, other than LSU. After this weekend, I have to say that I am having a change of opinion. While Southern Miss is not a world beater this year, they are still a very good team, and for our young team to go on the road and man up after a demoralizing loss on Friday, says volumes about the character of the team and the coaching staff. Kudos to the team and coaches.

Default Re: Baseball G3: UL vs Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I wonder if we'll see Austin transition to Friday night soon.
    Good point; I would expect to see Saturday go to Friday, Sunday to Saturday, and Friday to Sunday; starter wise that is.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    A month ago, if someone said the Cajuns would be 13 and 3 at this point, I'd have thought they were talking about softball. These guys are fun to watch again and are obviously vastly improved from last year. I think we've got something VERY good going.
    Bloody well right, Scotty!

Nice turnaround in one year (baseball); not so much in softball, but they will right their ship!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I have been very negative towards the program, and in particular Coach Robe over the last couple of years. Although the team had a great start to the season, I was still very skeptical as I did not believe we had played any real contenders, other than LSU. After this weekend, I have to say that I am having a change of opinion. While Southern Miss is not a world beater this year, they are still a very good team, and for our young team to go on the road and man up after a demoralizing loss on Friday, says volumes about the character of the team and the coaching staff. Kudos to the team and coaches.
    Your last point is absolutley HUGE! On the road for the first time and get beat up pretty bad on Friday; to come back and DOMINATE, against a team we expect will be pretty good this year.

Sure wouldn't have done this last year.

Now let's turn our attention to some ULM beating.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information