Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball G3: UL (9) Southern Miss (1)

Default Re: Baseball G3: UL vs Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I'm not sure. Robichaux knows a lot more about pitching than I do, but he hasn't been good enough for Friday nights thus far. I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised to see Austin and Traffica switch days.
    Yeh I was gonna say, I think Traff has the stuff to be a weekend guy, just not Friday night starter. But when do you try Austin on Friday night now that we're in Sun Belt Play? I would say this weekend against ULM since it's a home series, and you'll have the crowd behind you to start out confidently. Wouldn't hurt to try.

There will be plenty of movement in the weekend rotation between now and may frankly, I'm shocked that we've had the same 3 every weekend thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    There will be plenty of movement in the weekend rotation between now and may frankly, I'm shocked that we've had the same 3 every weekend thus far.
    We've flat out dominated the weekend opposition, that's why.

Default Re: Baseball G3: UL (9) Southern Miss (1)

We did dominate the opponent sat and Sunday. Friday was a diffrent story. We ran into an arm. And I don't wanna sound negative but southern miss is probably not as good as they have been in the past. Regardless, we did it on the road with a young group of guys. Nice pair of wins for our club. At least we are back to beating the teams we should beat. Hasn't been the case the past few seasons

After a few games, some were still questioning whether our hitting had improved over the last couple of years. Hopefully, that is now put to rest. This team can hit.

Right now we are in a very good situationwe can go right and left at the plate and not loose much if any on defense. And Robe has been consistent in doing so this far. It's worked so far. Keep everyone happy happy hsppy

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We did dominate the opponent sat and Sunday. Friday was a diffrent story. We ran into an arm. And I don't wanna sound negative but southern miss is probably not as good as they have been in the past. Regardless, we did it on the road with a young group of guys. Nice pair of wins for our club. At least we are back to beating the teams we should beat. Hasn't been the case the past few seasons
    Well you do sound negative. So tell me dude, did you honestly EXPECT us to SWEEP our first road series against a tradition rich team out of CUSA? If you did, you are delusional. We won the series and did so after losing game 1, very impressive if you ask me.

This team has what it takes to make a regional run, if you can't see that already then you probably haven't attended more than 1 game at the Tigue this year. I've been to every single game except for 1, and we look much different than recent years past.

I know you're not all negative all the time, but it's funny that you're finding something to complain about when we just took the series from USM at USM, something that would NEVER have happened in the last 5 years. In baseball, you can't win them all.

Take a small moment to recognize what this team is doing. We are 13-3, be proud.

A month ago, if someone said the Cajuns would be 13 and 3 at this point, I'd have thought they were talking about softball. These guys are fun to watch again and are obviously vastly improved from last year. I think we've got something VERY good going.

Yep. I'm really impressed with how well Thurman came off the bench this weekend to start for Strentz. The rest of the team notices things like that. Which makes them want to step up even more when their number is called. Good stuff.

"We did dominate the opponent sat and Sunday. Friday was a diffrent story. We ran into an arm. And I don't wanna sound negative but southern miss is probably not as good as they have been in the past. Regardless, we did it on the road with a young group of guys. Nice pair of wins for our club. At least we are back to beating the teams we should beat. Hasn't been the case the past few seasons"

I'm saying we've flat out dominated the weekend opposition all year, not just USM.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    It was an impressive start to the year, but I was withholding some judgement until i saw what we'd do in this series. They've obviously passed the test. Best hitting club since 2007, if we get a couple more arms to step up this can easily be a team that can make a super regional run.

Fired up that Cajun baseball is back.
    I know brother, its been "man this is great, but let em get over 1 more hump". This was a good weekend. There have been some teams over the last 4-5 years that would have packed it in after Friday night. Not these kids!!!!

Z

12. Default Re: Baseball G3: UL (9) Southern Miss (1)

Juxtaposition is the key to this argument--I can't do it but lets put our players side by side and compare--I will do a few---1st base (older and better)---2nd base (older and better)---SS (new and much better)---3rd base (I think new and better)----Catcher (Playing and better))) ---ok somebody take over that knows a lot more than I!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Well you do sound negative. So tell me dude, did you honestly EXPECT us to SWEEP our first road series against a tradition rich team out of CUSA? If you did, you are delusional. We won the series and did so after losing game 1, very impressive if you ask me.

This team has what it takes to make a regional run, if you can't see that already then you probably haven't attended more than 1 game at the Tigue this year. I've been to every single game except for 1, and we look much different than recent years past.

I know you're not all negative all the time, but it's funny that you're finding something to complain about when we just took the series from USM at USM, something that would NEVER have happened in the last 5 years. In baseball, you can't win them all.

Take a small moment to recognize what this team is doing. We are 13-3, be proud.
    13-3 with an rpi of 25, which means we've been playing some great teams. Doesn't matter, he'll still think we played scrubs.

6 out of our 13 wins have been by 6+ runs. That's total domination. The only bad thing is that when we lose, we lose BIG. Might be the only thing that'll be holding us back from breaking into top 25 this week.

I can't wait for the series with the hoax this weekend. I hope we drum the dog____ outta them

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    13-3 with an rpi of 25, which means we've been playing some great teams. Doesn't matter, he'll still think we played scrubs.

6 out of our 13 wins have been by 6+ runs. That's total domination. The only bad thing is that when we lose, we lose BIG. Might be the only thing that'll be holding us back from breaking into top 25 this week.

I can't wait for the series with the hoax this weekend. I hope we drum the dog____ outta them
    Agreed!!! A sweep to start conference would be awesome.

15. Default Re: Baseball G3: UL (9) Southern Miss (1)

We need payback from last year's drumming last May. Looking forward to this comming weekend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information