Thread: State of Louisiana Baseball Rankings

1. Default State of Louisiana Baseball Rankings

I know I was lax in my duties this year on rating from week to week all of the baseball teams in the state of Louisiana. So here is my late season poll:

1. Louisiana (35-13) By far the class of the State. The only team that is "in" if the season ended today.
    2. LSU (28-22) Nice series vs Top 5 ranked Arkansas, helped get them back into the mix.
    3. Tulane (30-20) Keep slip slidding away. This is a team that spent most of the season in the #1 or #2 spot in this poll.
    4. SLU (30-18) This is a team on the rise. But unless they win the SLC tournament, they will at home during the regionals.
    5. UNO (30-17) A team on the rise, including a chance to finish in second in the SBC.
    6. ULM (25-22) a late season slide has hurt them, but what a turnaround since joining the Belt.
    7. La Tech (33-19) Siminoux continues to turn this team around, but probably still a year or two away from the top teams in the state.
    8. Nw La (21-26) Usually a team that spends more time near the top then the bottom. for the second straight year they are rebuilding.
    9. McNeese State (19-28) Not sure what is going on with this program, but they are near the top of the SLC, but only 19 wins.
    10. Southern (20-16) No longer the class of the SWAC. They could still win the conference and the tournament, but that is there only shot.
    11. Centanary (20-24) If Oral Roberts was not in the Mid Continent, then The Gents and WIU would battle for the MCC tournament, but would anyone care.
    12. Nicholls State (9-40) WTF, 9 wins????????????
    13. Grambling (13-27) Right where they belong and where they have been for 3 years of doing this poll.

Default Re: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings

LSU did not sweep Arkansas

3. Default Re: Louisiana State Baseball Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    _ LSU did not sweep Arkansas _
    Sorry, I mis spoke, should have been took the series from Arkansas.

I will adjust.

Thread Information