Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

Default Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

I just remembered my last experience with Pete's the night of the UL-WKU game that was on TV. My wife and I had some friends come in from out of town and they wanted some solid bar food. I said "nothing better than Pete's!"

They sorely disappointed me.

I haven't eaten there in about 2ish years because, hey, we can't ALWAYS eat Pete's. Idk what in the world has happened, but the service has SEVERELY gone to ____, the food just wasn't the same, and peaking into the kitchen showed me the place was a mess.

I understand that their employees are UL students, and ______ that is outstanding. However, it took 20 minutes before a waiter came up to the table and greeted us with a "Sup", not kidding. He even came out to us and explained that our food for four was going to have to wait behind a party in the backs order.what? Then the kitchen manager literally flipped out on the cooks and ran outside to go smoke a cig.

I think it'd be legit if the guy from Restaurant Impossible came and revamped the place, the staff, and the food. JMO

Sidenote: I couldn't find the thread a year or so ago that everyone was talking about how the softball players worked there or something, so I figured Turb can do some investigation .

Default Re: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

Bummer. Pete's is one of those places that needs to stick around forever.

It hurts me to just think about what Restaurant Impossible would do to that place. They'd rip out all the old helmets, paint over the USL murals, and make everything look modern with bright colors. Yuck.

My last visit to Pete's sealed the deal for me. There are too many nice sports bars around Lafayette to settle for bad food and bad service at a dirty smelly place. I won't be going there again. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I just remembered my last experience with Pete's the night of the UL-WKU game that was on TV. My wife and I had some friends come in from out of town and they wanted some solid bar food. I said "nothing better than Pete's!"

I haven't eaten there in about 2ish years because, hey, we can't ALWAYS eat Pete's. Idk what in the world has happened, but the service has SEVERELY gone to ____, the food just wasn't the same, and peaking into the kitchen showed me the place was a mess.

I understand that their employees are UL students, and ______ that is outstanding. However, it took 20 minutes before a waiter came up to the table and greeted us with a "Sup", not kidding. He even came out to us and explained that our food for four was going to have to wait behind a party in the backs order.what? Then the kitchen manager literally flipped out on the cooks and ran outside to go smoke a cig.

I think it'd be legit if the guy from Restaurant Impossible came and revamped the place, the staff, and the food. JMO

Sidenote: I couldn't find the thread a year or so ago that everyone was talking about how the softball players worked there or something, so I figured Turb can do some investigation .
    My experience in December 2012 was really bad as well. I told my wife it was a great place but the food was crappy and I wondered about the hygiene there. I used to love that place but I won't be back.

Place has been terrible for a long time now.

I guess it's been around 2 years since the last time I went, which was a good experience. There were a few UL soccer/softball players waiting tables.

Went last night, burger was good, service was interesting. Got a waiter who didn't seem to be too happy that we showed up, then disappeared and another one took over. Food took longer than it should have (no one was there) but I enjoyed it, place needs a facelift however

It also wouldn't hurt to dust the place.

As someone said earlier, if you walked through the kitchen, you wouldn't eat there.

The state has a website to look up restaurant inspections. Can be fun to see how some of your favorite places stack up.

http://inspections.eatsafe.la.gov/Default.aspx

I WANT to like Pete's but like many of you, too many bad experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post

I was there that same night. Fifteen minutes before a server even noticed we were sat, another 10 before the "correct" server could be located.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    I WANT to like Pete's but like many of you, too many bad experiences.
    Me too, my wife and I had our first date there

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Me too, my wife and I had our first date there
    That's a shame.I brought my wife there twice and she refuses to go back

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    That's a shame.I brought my wife there twice and she refuses to go back
    It's a shame that my wife and I went there on our first date, or a shame what's happening to the place?

We haven't been in years (we live in BR now), and last time wasn't the greatest.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information