Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

1. Default Re: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Me too, my wife and I had our first date there
    The event when they reached their zenith.

For the record I am saddened that 'it appears' they saw competition and decided to coast.

Default Re: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

The best Pete's was the one that was close to campus across from those townhouses. That was in the late 80's. I believe it became the Bulldog. Not sure what it is now. I don't remember the service being great or the place being that clean. Those burgers were pretty good and cheap. Great place for student to get a few brews and a meal before hitting the strip. I wonder if we are looking at it through older peoples eyes.

3. Default Re: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    The best Pete's was the one that was close to campus across from those townhouses. That was in the late 80's. I believe it became the Bulldog. Not sure what it is now. I don't remember the service being great or the place being that clean. Those burgers were pretty good and cheap. Great place for student to get a few brews and a meal before hitting the strip. I wonder if we are looking at it through older peoples eyes.
    Never been to the "new" Pete's on Johnston but ate a lot of burgers and drank a lot of beer at the former Pete's across from campus.

NM

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Oh god.I had Pete's last Friday night after the baseball game.4 days after a re-inspection!!!

Update: apparently it was because walls/ceilings or attached equipment are not in good repair. I was hoping it wasn't for booty juice found in hamburger meat. Crisis.averted.
    Quit being a sissy. Everyone knows the booty juice drains off when you cook it.

6. Default Re: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

I think that Pete's brother Preston Guidry needs to take a look at it---I think that he owns the building and I know that he is a former teammate and very loyal UL backer---he built the business to what it became!!!

According to some former employees a few others were part time street pharmacists between flipping burgers and selling drinks.

8. Default Re: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

It still is the Bulldog, and they are still keepin' it real.

Does anyone remember Pete's on the Hook? Where the Blue Dog is now and the Dollhouse was at one time. I can't be the only one who remembers this place.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Does anyone remember Pete's on the Hook? Where the Blue Dog is now and the Dollhouse was at one time. I can't be the only one who remembers this place.
    Nope the dollhouse was where Jolie bistro is in the old Ruth's Chris building

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncorkdork View Post
    Nope the dollhouse was where Jolie bistro is in the old Ruth's Chris building
    I thought the old Ruth's Chris was where Blue Dag is?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Now you guys got me all nostalgic for my college days. I remember getting a burger on Fridays at Pete's. Drinking a few brews and shooting some pool. Then we would walk down to the strip and hit Nightcaps and the Keg. Perhaps even Mako's and the Loose Caboose. A few times we even ended up at this place but really don't remember it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Ruth's was in the Jolie building, which was the original Locke and Key. After Ruth's moved it was a strip club. The Blue Dog was Chez Pasteur.

Now you guys got me all nostalgic for my college days. I remember getting a burger on Fridays at Pete's. Drinking a few brews and shooting some pool. Then we would walk down to the strip and hit Nightcaps and the Keg. Perhaps even Mako's and the Loose Caboose. A few times we even ended up at this place but really don't remember it.
    Kingfishthat was a drive to get to from the strip. I remember you couldn't get from your car to the door without being offered more options than your local CVS pharmacy had in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Kingfishthat was a drive to get to from the strip. I remember you couldn't get from your car to the door without being offered more options than your local CVS pharmacy had in stock.
    Yep, that's what I remember. We went a few times to watch the spectacle. I remember the music blaring and people dancing like lunatics. I think Lafayette invented the "Rave" before it even had a name.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information