Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    It's a shame that my wife and I went there on our first date, or a shame what's happening to the place?

We haven't been in years (we live in BR now), and last time wasn't the greatest.
    Lol the latter. It's AWESOME that you thought to bring her there

Default Re: Pete's needs to be on Restaurant Impossible

I figured something was up with only a few cars dotting the parking lot, compared to a full parking lot next door at Social Table, Lafonda, and every other place nearby. They need Gordon Ramsey.

IIRC the ownership changed a few years back. That seems to be around the same time people first started complaining about a decline. I was not impressed on my last two outings there.

When was the service ever good at Pete's? I can remember being in college and taking our boss (the original parking and transit money thief) to Pete's so he could see why we were always late coming back from lunch at Pete's.if I remember correctly we were 45 minutes late and they kept on screwing up our checks so the boss just paid the whole bill so we could go back to work. But.no one goes to Pete's for the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    The state has a website to look up restaurant inspections. Can be fun to see how some of your favorite places stack up.

http://inspections.eatsafe.la.gov/Default.aspx
    Inpsections may have changed over the years but 2 Critical Findings require a reinspection within several weeks. Non Critical Findings could be something as simple as an employee drinking in a food prep area and Critical Findings could be failure to maintain refrigeration equipment at proper temperatures creating food hazard risk, employee's not washing hands or failure to properly sanitze work stations or food prep areas. Any Restaurant that continues to have critical findings is a risk to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Inpsections may have changed over the years but 2 Critical Findings require a reinspection within several weeks. Non Critical Findings could be something as simple as an employee drinking in a food prep area and Critical Findings could be failure to maintain refrigeration equipment at proper temperatures creating food hazard risk, employee's not washing hands or failure to properly sanitze work stations or food prep areas. Any Restaurant that continues to have critical findings is a risk to you and your family.
    Oh god.I had Pete's last Friday night after the baseball game.4 days after a re-inspection!!!

Update: apparently it was because walls/ceilings or attached equipment are not in good repair. I was hoping it wasn't for booty juice found in hamburger meat. Crisis.averted.

Took a girl there a couple weeks ago because she loves the wings. Place was way too dingy for me. The tables, chairs, and floor are disgusting and need replacing.

Service was teribble. My chicken fried steak was rock hard, the salad and ranch dressing were awful. The wings were awesome, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    There is actually a PDF file link you can open up and see exactly what the findings were. Interesting that I found a number of restaurants worse than Pete's. I'll be thinking twice about returning to some of them.

It's amazing to look at all of the establishments in Lafayette parish. They cover all types of businesses, not just restaurants.

For a place that's been an iconic part of many people's lives (mine since the 1970's) to go into such decline is a damn SHAME! Wish I had the money to buy it and return it to its former self.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    For a place that's been an iconic part of many people's lives (mine since the 1970's) to go into such decline is a damn SHAME! Wish I had the money to buy it and return it to its former self.
    Is there any place that makes homemade potato chips like they do??

I do my fantasy baseball and football drafts at Pete's. Nothing beats it for that purpose. Other than that it's a let down. I do like the food but you have to wait about 2 hrs. to get it. Service is horrible.

We go on occasion, I guess out of nostalgia. The food is usually good, but the place could certainly use a good cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It hurts me to just think about what Restaurant Impossible would do to that place. They'd rip out all the old helmets, paint over the USL murals, and make everything look modern with bright colors. Yuck.
    I've seen what this guy does. He really does stick to the theme of the restaurants, and they come out looking really nice. This guy would have it jazzy snazzy in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I've seen what this guy does. He really does stick to the theme of the restaurants, and they come out looking really nice. This guy would have it jazzy snazzy in no time.
    I don't think I wanna know what "jazzy snazzy" means in any situation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information