Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A good night for the Sun Belt

1. UL Baseball A good night for the Sun Belt

The Sun Belt goes undefeated tonight.

New Orleans just finished off Tulane at Zephyr Field 7-4 to take the season series 2-1. This will result in a Top 75 Base RPI bonus for the Privateers. Barring a road sweep over Rice or a CUSA Tournament title, Tulane looks to be finished as they are losers of their last six conference games and seven of their last eight. In a scheduling move that makes one wonder what Coach Rick Jones was thinking, the Green Wave close the season with three home games against a Chicago State team that is second to last in the Adjusted RPI (292) and are 3-37 on the season. Tulane will have played only 18 road games this season.

Interestingly enough, UNO started Bryan Cryer tonight. Cryer is their #1 and pitched last Friday night against FIU. Cryer went five innings tonight and will likely start Sunday vs. WKU.

Western Kentucky beat a good Evansville (aRPI 50) team at home tonight 10-7.

Troy beat Samford 7-6.

ULM beat Grambling State in a shortened game (6 innings - rain), 8-3.

Brian

Default Re: A good night for the Sun Belt

That may be why the SunBelt's BASE RPI is now up to "6" (Warren Nolan).

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    _ That may be why the SunBelt's BASE RPI is now up to "6" (Warren Nolan). _
    that doesn't suck

4. UL Baseball Re: A good night for the Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    That may be why the SunBelt's BASE RPI is now up to "6" (Warren Nolan).
    Yes, but in the Adjusted RPI, the Sun Belt is 7.

Brian

5. UL Baseball Re: A good night for the Sun Belt

As a result of last night, the Cajuns' Adjusted RPI moved up .0012 to .5967. The Cajuns are still #17 in Adjusted RPI and #18 in Base RPI (.5913).

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    The Sun Belt goes undefeated tonight.

New Orleans just finished off Tulane at Zephyr Field 7-4 to take the season series 2-1. This will result in a Top 75 Base RPI bonus for the Privateers. Barring a road sweep over Rice or a CUSA Tournament title, Tulane looks to be finished as they are losers of their last six conference games and seven of their last eight. In a scheduling move that makes one wonder what Coach Rick Jones was thinking, the Green Wave close the season with three home games against a Chicago State team that is second to last in the Adjusted RPI (292) and are 3-37 on the season. Tulane will have played only 18 road games this season.

Interestingly enough, UNO started Bryan Cryer tonight. Cryer is their #1 and pitched last Friday night against FIU. Cryer went five innings tonight and will likely start Sunday vs. WKU.

Western Kentucky beat a good Evansville (aRPI 50) team at home tonight 10-7.

Troy beat Samford 7-6.

ULM beat Grambling State in a shortened game (6 innings - rain), 8-3.

Brian

Brian, thinking out loud and wondering if Tulane baseball has had a post-Katrina effect or just going through a "cycle"? They have had a good run.

Nice pic of Hunter on the front page of http://sebaseball.rivals.com/

7. UL Baseball Re: A good night for the Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    Brian, thinking out loud and wondering if Tulane baseball has had a post-Katrina effect or just going through a "cycle"? They have had a good run.

Nice pic of Hunter on the front page of http://sebaseball.rivals.com/
    I think that recruiting has probably been affected to some degree. They do not have the potent lineup they have had in the past and it is mostly because those big bats have not been replaced. It will be interesting to see how they handle the pitching departures next year. However, the pitching is solid this year and they have the overall talent to be an at-large team. They are just not showing it on the field.

Yes, that Hunter Moody pic has been used several times this season. Would you happen to have a good action shot of Buddy you can send me?

Brian

Do we have pictures? Oh my do we. I'll send you a good one or 1500.

9. UL Baseball Re: A good night for the Sun Belt

As a result of last night, the Cajuns' Adjusted RPI moved up .0012 to .5967. The Cajuns are still #17 in Adjusted RPI and #18 in Base RPI (.5913).
    The Cajuns are also #17 in the official NCAA RPI this week.

Brian

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think that recruiting has probably been affected to some degree. They do not have the potent lineup they have had in the past and it is mostly because those big bats have not been replaced. It will be interesting to see how they handle the pitching departures next year. However, the pitching is solid this year and they have the overall talent to be an at-large team. They are just not showing it on the field.

Yes, that Hunter Moody pic has been used several times this season. Would you happen to have a good action shot of Buddy you can send me?

Brian
    I guess you now realize how foolish a question that was, right????

Z.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Do we have pictures? Oh my do we. I'll send you a good one or 1500.
    Good Parents!!!

Z.

12. UL Baseball Re: A good night for the Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    I guess you now realize how foolish a question that was, right????

Z.
    Was that the death knell for my mailbox?

_ Was that the death knell for my mailbox? _
    I can dig out the T-ball pictures?

I can dig out the T-ball pictures?
    LOL!!! send em all! He can afford a new mailbox!

Z.

Brian
    Are you saying Tulane will be weaker next year than they are this year. Personally, I don't think we should go there unless they come here. They may be paying us enough to make it worthwhile Next year, we don't play at UNO. Therefore playing them on the road is an opportunity for the New Orleans Cajun fans to see the team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information