Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nerissa Myers has a broken ankle

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I don't remember seeing anyone with issues in Clearwater.
    Maybe at Clearwatet, or Lsom Park a few days prior. Stevie Ap commented about one of our players hurting her ankle, the trainer went out the player stayed in the game.

Default Re: Nerissa Myers has a broken ankle

My bet would be on moving Samantha Walsh to shortstop and moving Megan Thomas to second base. Down side would be three slappers in the lineup unless you replace Leandra Maly in right with either Shelbi Redfearn or Megan Waterman.
    This was my thought as well to add a little more speed to the lineup. Samantha will definitely play short. Mike may also be considering moving Shellie to second and Shelbi to left.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    This was my thought as well to add a little more speed to the lineup. Samantha will definitely play short. Mike may also be considering moving Shellie to second and Shelbi to left.
    I think Fernandez goes to short before Samatha Welsh. I will ask Mike tonight on the Cajun Redzone Radio show.

Natalie played short stop earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Natalie played short stop earlier in the year.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    She walked into a hole.
    Big hole to fill. Lead off. Big, big glove. Great base running. Leader in infield. But this stuff happens and at least she'll be back well before regionals, hopefully fully recovered. Wasn't it the appendicitis issue a couple of years in a row. Curses, Red Baron!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Maybe at Clearwatet, or Lsom Park a few days prior. Stevie Ap commented about one of our players hurting her ankle, the trainer went out the player stayed in the game.
    That was Natalie Fernandez, who was tripped by a first base leg and fell hard. She stayed in the game and played the rest of the weekend and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think Fernandez goes to short before Samatha Welsh. I will ask Mike tonight on the Cajun Redzone Radio show.
    JMO, but I don't think Megan Thomas has the arm for SS (nothing against her). I think Natalie has a better arm than Megan, but I'd hate to take her away from third which she's great at and is a very tough position to fill in high level college softball.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    How do you break an ankle by simply walking? It must've been a freak accident.
    Why couldn't she have slipped on a softball and become the female version of Henry Rolengartner?? 80 mph softball pitches...

She could probably still make first or second team all conference playing in a walking boot.

Freshman Corin Voinche starting at SS

That's a surprise. I didn't think she was fully recovered or cleared for play from the knee injury her senior year of high school.

That's a surprise. I didn't think she was fully recovered or cleared for play from the knee injury her senior year of high school.
    Yep. Prior to this weekend, I heard the plan was to redshirt her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information