Thread: Landry's Slam Boosts Louisiana Over Southern, 9-1

1. Ragin' Cajuns Landry's Slam Boosts Louisiana Over Southern, 9-1

Led by a first-inning grand slam by freshman Shellie Landry, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns toppled Southern University by a score of 9-1 on a rare Tuesday night game at Lamson Park. The Cajuns scored four runs in both the first and second innings, en route to a mercy-rule shortened victory and improving to 13-2 on the season.

Default Re: Landry's Slam Boosts Louisiana Over Southern, 9-1

Shellie Landry will set a lot of records before she is done. She does not swing the bat like a freshman. As much as I miss Katie Smith in left field I think Shellie can make a hugh impact at the plate.

Default Re: Landry's Slam Boosts Louisiana Over Southern, 9-1

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Shellie Landry will set a lot of records before she is done. She does not swing the bat like a freshman. As much as I miss Katie Smith in left field I think Shellie can make a hugh impact at the plate.
    She doesn't have Katie's speed (obviously) but she seems to be great at judging the ball off the bat. She made a couple of very nice catches in Florida last weekend that was directly due to not taking a bad first step, which seems to be something she's innately good at doing.

Thread Information