Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two in a Row?

1. Default Two in a Row?

They still have not put together back-to-back wins this season, and for the life of them the Ragin' Cajuns can't pinpoint precisely what the biggest impediment to doing that has been.

Ditto, with just four games to go in their 2012-13 regular season, as to just what it will take to change that.

Default Re: Two in a Row?

It's more than just winning two in a row. They need to win three of these last four games to keep from losing 20 games this season. Injuries and inexperience aside, this team is now at full strength (Kevin Brown notwithstanding). No excuses, they better get the job done.

This has been today's edition of "tough talk from Terrell"

I am not sold on Marlin. The guy has not proven he can recruit well enough to win in the Sun Belt. We need much more talent on the floor. Long and Peyton are the only two that are talented enough to win right now, the others need too much development.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Uh-oh, another Stooge. Slappy, I guess that makes you Shemp.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Thanks, Will. I'm sure coaches like you talk tougher than I do, though. If you're still coaching, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I am not sold on Marlin. The guy has not proven he can recruit well enough to win in the Sun Belt. We need much more talent on the floor. Long and Peyton are the only two that are talented enough to win right now, the others need too much development.
    A very fair assessment. If Jackson and Register are the jewels of this recruiting class, we can probably expect another .500 record in 13/14, depending on the non-conference opponents.

I happen to think that Register may surprise some people.

Next year team will depend on if Long is still on the team, if he is then this team will be significantly better. Marlin has already shown that he can develop talent. Just look at the vast improvements in Bryant and Elfrid. Brown coming back will be a big help. If Soto and Wronkoski develop like the other BM & EP the team should easily win 20 games.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Next year team will depend on if Long is still on the team, if he is then this team will be significantly better. Marlin has already shown that he can develop talent. Just look at the vast improvements in Bryant and Elfrid. Brown coming back will be a big help. If Soto and Wronkoski develop like the other BM & EP the team should easily win 20 games.
    You are crazy, if you think we will win 20 games next year. We do not have the depth to do so. Also 20 wins should be a down year for Cajun basketball.

You are crazy, if you think we will win 20 games next year. We do not have the depth to do so. Also 20 wins should be a down year for Cajun basketball.
    Well call me crazy then and read my post! Certain things have to happen. You hate Marlin, I get it.

20 wins is a down year?

Well call me crazy then and read my post! Certain things have to happen. You hate Marlin, I get it.
    I don't hate Marlin, I just don't think he is the right guy for this program. You can win a bunch of games in the Southland with two to three studs but you can not do that in the Sun Belt. He has not proven himself to be a good recruiter at all, or manager of personalities hence the mass exodus of players since he has arrived.

I seriously doubt he transfers, since he would only have two years eligibility left, he won't apply for the NBA draft, and his grades are good, so he won't be in trouble there. But if he doesn't get significant interior help, teams will be able to prepare for us the same way they do this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I seriously doubt he transfers, since he would only have two years eligibility left, he won't apply for the NBA draft, and his grades are good, so he won't be in trouble there. But if he doesn't get significant interior help, teams will be able to prepare for us the same way they do this season.
    It will be because of grades if he is not here next year. If you are hearing is grades are good then it is different from what I am hearing. Well I should say not necessarily grades but going to class. His baby's mom is somewhat of a head case and he heads home a lot. I have know Shawn a long time and I hope he is here for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information