Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: UL vs LSU (pregame)

Default Re: Be Classy (Today)

Ah, yes the WalMart wearing Alice Shoe fans. Nothing like attending an environmental course required for work at Alice Shoe and have some north Louisiana idiots show up in new purple and gold gear every day and enough silk screen stink coming off of them chokes a maggot for 2 or 3 days. And that's the closest they will ever get to going to class at Alice Shoe, (other than driving by on !-10 on a weekday) and they are darn proud.

Now as far as a suggestion to Louisiana Ragin and your inlaws, use the Alice Shoe Eunice angle. KATC has such a love fest for Eunice and St. Landry parish (thank God Tom V. is gone, he would soil himself some days over Eunice, I had to turn it off), I get love when they talk about Alice Shoe E baseball and always lead in an Alice Shoe story with "over in Baton Rouge, Alice Shoe." So do as I did with a secretary years ago. Was bragging about attending Alice Shoe, and I asked questions about BR. She came back and said, "Oh, I went to the one in Eunice" , to which I quickly responded, "Oh the other junior college". I didn't get any work from her for a week.

Make that distinction, do some homework on Alice Shoe Eunice and muck up the water. Like, Alice Shoe Eunice has won a national championship lately, what is wrong with Alice Shoe BR? Or confuse the two.

Have fun tonight. Can't make the game, but someone could get a picture of "Alice in Wonderland" and a "Shoe" and make a point.

Last edited by ZoomZoom; February 26th, 2013 at 08:53 am. Reason: because

Quote Originally Posted by cdstelly View Post
    Just a quick note hopefully everyone will welcome our opponent's fan base tomorrow with warm hospitality. I know some people here despise everything LSU has ever stood for, but tomorrow let us remember that our feud is with LSU's administration, not their fan base.

We will have plenty of Louisiana Greeks out there tomorrow, who have been taught to hate LSU and their fans. I've witnessed this, and when I ask our fellow Greeks why the bitter hate, all I get is "because he/she went to LSU". We can be much classier, and we must teach our Greeks to do the same. If you see LSU fans getting hassled by a bunch of drunk embarrassments to this university, pull the purple and gold to your tent and offer them a beer and sunflower seeds.

Even more than that, this is not football. Besides the respect which college baseball demands by itself, remember these are not your run of the mill, angsty football fanatics who will be coming tomorrow. Our visitors tomorrow are likely to be the family and friends of our neighbors in Lafayette. Show them the Better side of the Basin.

Let's have an unforgettable game tomorrow, Geaux Cajuns, and in the words of John Fogerty, "Put me in, coach!"
    I wish all LSU and UL fans had your attitude cdstelly but sadly it is not the case. For every complaint you read on this site about some LSU fan's attitude towards UL, you could simply replace LSU with UL and UL with McNeese and the same complaint would hold true. I believe the rabid, disrespectful fans are the minority but reading the message boards makes you think it is the norm. Like you say, rise above and try not to take these games (and life) quite so seriously.

It is going to be a great game tonight - I wish I was going. Have fun, and win or lose, keep a smile on your face and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We are a division 1 baseball program, the f'n scoreboard should work.
    AMEN! I don't care if we win!!??? What kind of bs is that? Just support our team cause the officials in charge are busy?? UghWHAT!!??

I think it should be understood when you attend a D1 baseball game that the scoreboard and plumbing work!

Is that a 7 or a 9?
    "Don't ask stupid questions, man. They're busy."

Hey, do you have some hand sanitizer? The sink in the bathroom doesn't work.
    "How could you ask that, do you not care if we win the game?"

Sorry, what was I thinking? I guess I'll have to keep the book for the rest of the games if I want to know the score or how many hits we have.

Default Re: UL/lsu prep

It's as simple as thisand don't try to negatively spin it!

How much is a new scoreboard.A nice state of the art board with a video screen?

Press Release and Email Blast to all ticket holders, RCAF members, Alumni, etc. asking for donations to help improve the quality of our field, etc, etc. You just have to get the ball rolling in the right direction. What's the worst that can happen?? You fall short of your goal, but yet you still have a lump sum of money way greater than what you started with.

Fire away

Oh, and I'll start right now.

It aint much in the grand scheme of things, but here's $500 to start. Let me know when the athletic department is serious and I have a check ready. Also, I can donate some rental equipment to get the job done if needed.

They are busy raising moneyoh wait.never mind

Default Re: Be classy tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by LOUISIANA RAGIN View Post
    Wouldn't be married to a purple & puke fan- my wife loves all things Lafayette! But the In laws ULL me to death! Any suggestions?
    Get them the number to a good speech therapist to fix that stutter.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    I wish all LSU and UL fans had your attitude cdstelly but sadly it is not the case. For every complaint you read on this site about some LSU fan's attitude towards UL, you could simply replace LSU with UL and UL with McNeese and the same complaint would hold true. I believe the rabid, disrespectful fans are the minority but reading the message boards makes you think it is the norm. Like you say, rise above and try not to take these games (and life) quite so seriously.

It is going to be a great game tonight - I wish I was going. Have fun, and win or lose, keep a smile on your face and enjoy the game.
    I've gone to every UL game (Fball, basketball and baseball) in BR the last several years wearing all Red and have never heard a negative word toward me. Not saying they don't have any dumb@$$e$ wandering around over there, but I haven't encountered any. From what I've learned is if you act like your supposed to, you'll be alright.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post

and don't take any crap from lsu fans.

Good call, nutz.

Z

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LOUISIANA RAGIN View Post
    Wouldn't be married to a purple & puke fan- my wife loves all things Lafayette! But the In laws ULL me to death! Any suggestions?
    Divorce?

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I've gone to every UL game (Fball, basketball and baseball) in BR the last several years wearing all Red and have never heard a negative word toward me. Not saying they don't have any dumb@$$e$ wandering around over there, but I haven't encountered any. From what I've learned is if you act like your supposed to, you'll be alright.
    +1

Call em STATE. They hate that.

13. UL Baseball Re: Be Classy (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by cdstelly View Post
    Just a quick note hopefully everyone will welcome our opponent's fan base tomorrow with warm hospitality. I know some people here despise everything LSU has ever stood for, but tomorrow let us remember that our feud is with LSU's administration, not their fan base.

We will have plenty of Louisiana Greeks out there tomorrow, who have been taught to hate LSU and their fans. I've witnessed this, and when I ask our fellow Greeks why the bitter hate, all I get is "because he/she went to LSU". We can be much classier, and we must teach our Greeks to do the same. If you see LSU fans getting hassled by a bunch of drunk embarrassments to this university, pull the purple and gold to your tent and offer them a beer and sunflower seeds.

Even more than that, this is not football. Besides the respect which college baseball demands by itself, remember these are not your run of the mill, angsty football fanatics who will be coming tomorrow. Our visitors tomorrow are likely to be the family and friends of our neighbors in Lafayette. Show them the Better side of the Basin.

Let's have an unforgettable game tomorrow, Geaux Cajuns, and in the words of John Fogerty, "Put me in, coach!"
    My dispute with LSU administration is minor compared to fans. Let me recall LSU administration doing whatever they can to remain above everyone else. Not nice. LSU fan sucker punched me, and later got showered with something wet from above in Tiger Stadium.

No, no not all fans are total idiots but enough to find them to be complete a holes. Now maybe you think I should only be upset with the puncher and the tosser of liquid. Well I can assure you while the vast majority do not do that, they certainly condone it, and chuckle about it.

Now please, I understand you want us to be civil and all that, do not lecture the Cajun fans on how and what they should be and do. We actually have a security force that enforces excessive behavior by Cajun fans, but not so at LSWHO.

A quick look and a very basic Daktronics 20' scoreboard will set you back about 13K plus shipping, installation etc. and this isn't close to the scoreboard that we would want to install. Add an LED video display and you definitely are beyond the 50K mark and I suspect much higher than that but couldn't find any reliable data.

No doubt it is time for an upgrade.

We can raise that in no time. We just need numbers. This isn't difficult to do.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information