Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: UL vs LSU (pregame)

Default Re: UL/lsu prep

rumor is a new scoreboard is in the works. i think the issue is that the bulbs aren't manufactured anymore and the screen got bad enough that they can't even half@$$ it.

2012 Baseball Season ends.250+ days until the next season. I guess that isn't enough time to put together a checklist of crap that needs attention. The way we drag our feet is amazing to me sometimes! I can see it now, "Oh ____e, we gotta game in an hour!!! Where's the dang checklist?" Printer is out of paper at this time because Hud used the extra copy paper money that was hidden in a mayo jar outside the complex to go on a recruiting trip. So as a result, we forget the AMERICAN FLAG on opening night and the scoreboard isn't even remotely close to working. It's really frustrating the way we bush-league ____e for the most part. Just wait, in two weeks when the time changes again, the big clock above the scoreboard will be off for the remainder of the season.

I will donate the money, bulbs, and a manlift to get this taken care of.

Comical!

I was told that the screen is out and no plans to fix it. This from the press box elite

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I was told that the screen is out and no plans to fix it. This from the press box elite
    It doesn't matter, our board is way outdated anyway. I think they could put one of those old Light Bright sets up there and no one would even no the difference!

Great! Supposedly one of the premier computer science departments in the country and we can't make the scoreboard work or change obsolete light bulbs. Embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Great! Supposedly one of the premier computer science departments in the country and we can't make the scoreboard work or change obsolete light bulbs. Embarrassing!

Wouldn't that be the engineering department's job? ;o)

Default Re: UL vs LSU is Sold Out

I hope assigned seating will not be enforced just because it's a sell out. As i recall, i don't think there were any problems with the Rice game a couple of years ago. To be perfectly honest, I don't think my group and I have ever looked at where our tickets were actually located. We've just sat in the same area for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by sdf1012 View Post
    I am curious if they will fix the burnt lights on the scoreboard, or if we will actually have live humans sing the national anthem.
    Wait, those guys aren't live? At least they don't forget the words. HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I hope assigned seating will not be enforced just because it's a sell out. As i recall, i don't think there were any problems with the Rice game a couple of years ago. To be perfectly honest, I don't think my group and I have ever looked at where our tickets were actually located. We've just sat in the same area for a few years now.
    If you are in my seats when I arrive I will be asking you to move. I hope you don't think that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    If you are in my seats when I arrive I will be asking you to move. I hope you don't think that is a problem.
    I thought that was a pretty ridiculous statement as well. I can see it now. Top of the 3rd and fans are still playing musical chairs because people aren't sitting in their assigned seats. Do us all a favor and sit in your seats. The game is sold out, someone has the ticket that is for the place you are sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I thought that was a pretty ridiculous statement as well. I can see it now. Top of the 3rd and fans are still playing musical chairs because people aren't sitting in their assigned seats. Do us all a favor and sit in your seats. The game is sold out, someone has the ticket that is for the place you are sitting.
    This.

Look we all know that every other game at the Tigue you can pretty much sit where you please or find open spots in the 1st and 3rd base stands. I've already sat in multiple spots AROUND me season tickets location because a few games I've gotten there and some nice old folks were already sitting in my seats. No big deal on regular days but for this sold out game. you better believe I will be kicking you out of my seats if I get there and someone is sitting there already.

Shouldn't matter anyway cause I plan on being in my seats about 30 minutes before first pitch for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I thought at first you were joking. Then I realized you weren't.

Whenif we upgrade the Tigue is there anyway we can move the light poles behind the bleachers? There are several spots where you can't see a large chunk of the field, including spots where you can't see the batter.

Yes that's in the plan, to move the poles behind the bleachers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    This.

Look we all know that every other game at the Tigue you can pretty much sit where you please or find open spots in the 1st and 3rd base stands. I've already sat in multiple spots AROUND me season tickets location because a few games I've gotten there and some nice old folks were already sitting in my seats. No big deal on regular days but for this sold out game. you better believe I will be kicking you out of my seats if I get there and someone is sitting there already.

Shouldn't matter anyway cause I plan on being in my seats about 30 minutes before first pitch for this game.
    I see your point. I was just commenting on the nature of relaxed attitude of bleacher seating at the ball park. We just sit in a general area as I imagine a good bit of people do. I see how during a big game this would be a problem and realize that my statement is off base, but any given day at the Tigue people seem to sit where they please in the bleachers. Have been for years. At least that's what I see. How many people have you seen walk up and down the isle with stub in hand counting off numbers? It's just a weird change I guess.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information