Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: UL vs LSU (pregame)

Default Re: Louisiana vs LSU Baseball Game Tickets Available to RCAF Donors on Feb. 14

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    You must be from TigerDroppings. sounds like the same ignorant nonsense you would read over there.

Anyway. thanks for your contribution, really makes me want to stick around this forum.
    If something as little as UL charging the market price for a ticket offends you then perhaps you'd be better off not sticking around internet forums.

The Aggies charge more per ticket when Texas comes to town.
    The Hornets charge more per ticket when the Heat come to town.
    And UL charges more per ticket when LSU comes to town.

A large number of pro teams have even taken it up a level by using dynamic pricing, which raises and lowers ticket prices as the event nears depending on how much has been sold -- kind of like an airline does. And if sports teams didn't do this, if for some reason they decided to be nice and sell all their tickets for $5, then scalpers would gobble up every ticket and sell them at market price on stubhub.

This is how the world has worked for a long time now. You might not have noticed it at UL because we rarely have games where demand exceeds supply. UL needs every dollar it can get and the administration wouldn't be doing it's job if they didn't fight for every dollar out there. I don't feel sorry for you because you're forced to pay a just a little more money for one game.

Default Re: Louisiana vs LSU Baseball Game Tickets Available to RCAF Donors on Feb. 14

Will the season ticket holders get first choice for addistional tickets. going on 23 years as a four season ticket holder. The last time lsu came to town they gave us first choice for extra tickets. Now that the RCAF is in town do they come before the long time seasn tickets holders????? I didn't read between the lines above, this my have been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Not trying to bash, but you have 16 posts and it seems half of them are related to how the tickets are too much for baseball or you didn't get the seats you wanted for the N.O. bowl. Again, we need all the fans we can get, but when you come on the board as a recent poster and you seem to be here only to complain, it makes long term posters think maybe your long term goals aren't the betterment of the universities athletic department.
    I understand your point. I am a "lurker" on Ragin Pagin. I visit often and read a lot without posting much. I admit that I have used the board to voice 2 complaints in my life, both times about tickets, so I can see how this comes off to most on here.

On message boards there are 3 types:
    1 - people who post positive facts/thoughts/opinions
    2 - people who post negative facts/thoughts/opinions
    3 - people who offer nothing, call people names, and try to be the internet tough guy

I will post more in the future so I am not classified in group #2.

As for the betterment of the athletic department: I attended USL (1993-2000) and was one of the first graduating classes of UL. I live walking distance to Cajundome, Cajun Field & Tigue Moore. I am a member of RCAF (not minimum donation) and also have season tickets to multiple sports for my family. I love UL athletics and will always support them, but I can not say that I agree with the way the RCAF is run (which I will possibly comment on whenever I get enough rep around here to be taken seriously).

Thanks to all the folks on here that make the forum enjoyable.

I understand your point. I am a "lurker" on Ragin Pagin. I visit often and read a lot without posting much. I admit that I have used the board to voice 2 complaints in my life, both times about tickets, so I can see how this comes off to most on here.

3 - people who offer nothing, call people names, and try to be the internet tough guy

As for the betterment of the athletic department: I attended USL (1993-2000) and was one of the first graduating classes of UL. I live walking distance to Cajundome, Cajun Field & Tigue Moore. I am a member of RCAF (not minimum donation) and also have season tickets to multiple sports for my family. I love UL athletics and will always support them, but I can not say that I agree with the way the RCAF is run (which I will possibly comment on whenever I get enough rep around here to be taken seriously).

Thanks for your efforts.

What exactly is your beef with how the RCAF is run? If it is the cloak of secrecy that seems to surround that organization and its board members, then I'm with you 100%. But I've seen RCAF complaints on here and on Facebook about rewarding members with an opportunity for presale tickets, priority seating, and prime parking which is part of the perks of joining. I have no issues with that.

Thanks for the reply. As stated, I wasn't trying to cast aspersions, but just wanted to let you know my perspective. We're all for the growth of the program to the highest level possible, and should all hang onto the rope.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If something as little as UL charging the market price for a ticket offends you then perhaps you'd be better off not sticking around internet forums.

The Aggies charge more per ticket when Texas comes to town.
    The Hornets charge more per ticket when the Heat come to town.
    And UL charges more per ticket when LSU comes to town.

A large number of pro teams have even taken it up a level by using dynamic pricing, which raises and lowers ticket prices as the event nears depending on how much has been sold -- kind of like an airline does. And if sports teams didn't do this, if for some reason they decided to be nice and sell all their tickets for $5, then scalpers would gobble up every ticket and sell them at market price on stubhub.

This is how the world has worked for a long time now. You might not have noticed it at UL because we rarely have games where demand exceeds supply. UL needs every dollar it can get and the administration wouldn't be doing it's job if they didn't fight for every dollar out there. I don't feel sorry for you because you're forced to pay a just a little more money for one game.
    I am not complaining about paying more for tickets. If money was a problem, I wouldn't buy tickets or donate to RCAF.

What I am getting at is: LSU (and other schools) charge the same price to watch any baseball game, be it UL, McNeese or the #1 ranked team in the country. The price is the same no matter the opponent. You do not have to donate to TAF to get anything except season tickets. (((I AM A CAJUNS FAN and simply using LSU as an example, so please do not tell me to go to Baton Rouge and support LSU)))

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Will the season ticket holders get first choice for addistional tickets. going on 23 years as a four season ticket holder. The last time lsu came to town they gave us first choice for extra tickets. Now that the RCAF is in town do they come before the long time seasn tickets holders????? I didn't read between the lines above, this my have been answered.
    This comment from Frenchie35 goes along with what I am saying. I do not like to see when our most loyal fans of many years who have always been with the program through good and bad times are required to donate to RCAF to simply attain a ticket to a single regular season game. You are telling a fan of many years to stay at home while some RCAF member has his wife sitting next to him reading a book, not watching the game, not cheering and will probably leave early.

With that being said, I support the RCAF. I think it is great and should utilize a point system which is used to award things such as season tickets, bowl game tickets, etc. I do wish there were certain projects we could put money towards (like upgrading the windows on the press boxes). The whole "master plan" is just a phrase that seems to have been created to pacify curious RCAF donors.

Not everyone has money to donate to RCAF, but they still attend many games. I personally know fans who take their wives and kids to EVERY football game and many softball, baseball & basketball games. They easily spend in excess of $1K on tickets and merchandise over the year. I also know a few guys who went to maybe one football game last year then donated $100 to RCAF to get a decent NO Bowl ticket, which is less then $200 total over the last year. Which of these two scenarios is better for UL athletics?

Once again, not complaining, just trying to see how others feel on the subject.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

I am not complaining about paying more for tickets. If money was a problem, I wouldn't buy tickets or donate to RCAF.

What I am getting at is: LSU (and other schools) charge the same price to watch any baseball game, be it UL, McNeese or the #1 ranked team in the country. The price is the same no matter the opponent. You do not have to donate to TAF to get anything except season tickets. (((I AM A CAJUNS FAN and simply using LSU as an example, so please do not tell me to go to Baton Rouge and support LSU)))

This comment from Frenchie35 goes along with what I am saying. I do not like to see when our most loyal fans of many years who have always been with the program through good and bad times are required to donate to RCAF to simply attain a ticket to a single regular season game. You are telling a fan of many years to stay at home while some RCAF member has his wife sitting next to him reading a book, not watching the game, not cheering and will probably leave early.

With that being said, I support the RCAF. I think it is great and should utilize a point system which is used to award things such as season tickets, bowl game tickets, etc. I do wish there were certain projects we could put money towards (like upgrading the windows on the press boxes). The whole "master plan" is just a phrase that seems to have been created to pacify curious RCAF donors.

Not everyone has money to donate to RCAF, but they still attend many games. I personally know fans who take their wives and kids to EVERY football game and many softball, baseball & basketball games. They easily spend in excess of $1K on tickets and merchandise over the year. I also know a few guys who went to maybe one football game last year then donated $100 to RCAF to get a decent NO Bowl ticket, which is less then $200 total over the last year. Which of these two scenarios is better for UL athletics?

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    I agree with you on the point system. We should have implemented that system 2 years ago. It can't be that difficult to develop and implement a point system.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    I agree with you on the point system. We should have implemented that system 2 years ago. It can't be that difficult to develop and implement a point system.
    The point system will only benefit the program. When you log on and can see where you rank against other members. If you want to move up rankings, open up your wallet and watch your rank move up.

I personally know others who believe that the RCAF board members and their close friends get preferential treatment. I admit that sometimes I even tend to believe them, but there is no proof. No matter how much you donate, you will still not be treated the same as those in the clique of the RCAF elite.

If and when a point system is developed, I would also like to see something incorporated to give "points" to people that purchase season and single game tickets but do not donate to RCAF. They can even be a lesser value point when compared to an RCAF donation points, but lets not totally leave out non RCAF members who still support UL athletics.

Let us please not forget the fans that spend a couple hundred bucks for a tickets to games, attend the games and yell/cheer for the Cajuns. I will take those fans over an RCAF donor that invests the same amount of money and hardly ever shows up to UL sporting events. and yes, those do exist, I know some personally.

Not saying I think its the sole reason, but I think the thought about RCAF donations having more importance it is is pure funding with little/no cost associated with it. I may be wrong, but I think season tickets money is thought to have some cost of doing business associated with it for the event. I wonder how the "profit margin" works out on tickets for the various sports?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I understand your issue. I would not have selected LSU for my example. LSU is in the process of almost entirely eliminating the average fan from their live athletic events. In fact, Skip Bertman addressed corporate businessmen many years ago, after the ground breaking of the new baseball stadium. and proudly postulated that Alex Box would eventually have every ticket owned by a corporate entity. Many people are already extremely disgruntled at the cost of the best seats and the continuous process of taking the diehard fan without the large bucks and systematically moving them to the cheapest seats. or no seats at all.

For UL, that process. like every process in every program in the country. will be the same. The good news is. UL is highly unlikely to push it to that same extreme.

As for the LSU game. and any other situation where we could maximize profit. we need to do it. Even if it comes at the expense of the long time fan. They should be the first to approach UL and say, "I volunteer giving up my seats to another higher dollar contributor for this game if it means Tony gets more money for UL baseball."

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    Regarding specifically the Frenchie issue: He will have his four season tickets for the LSU game. Any EXTRA tickets will be available to RCAF members to purchase before being available to the general public. If Frenchie is not an RCAF member then he will have to purchase EXTRA tickets when available to the general public.

There is nothing wrong with that scenario. He is not being dissed because he already has his season tickets.

The MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR point in the grand scheme of things is that the RCAF is trying to be grown. The athletic department is doing the little things to add VALUE to RCAF membership. What is wrong with that?

so will there be any tickets left for us regular fans by the 21st???

The other reason LSU may be a poor choice for comparison is their pricing model is substantially higher to start with and they are dealing with an unrealistic season ticket quantity. To start with, their season ticket sales are almost 10,000, so they have a huge number to start with. The cheapest LSU season tickets looks to be $209 for outfield bleachers and requires a $50 donation to the Tradition Fund. Grandstand and bleacher seats run $315/$200 ($515/seat) and $280/$100 ($380/seat) respectively. If you can believe it, they have seats there that require a $2000 club donation. Regardless of the opponent or attendance, they still make the same about of money via ticket sales.

At Tigue Moore, the Cajuns season ticket sales seem to be between 2000 and 3000, with pricing for Grandstand are $130 with $100 club fee ($230/seat) while bleachers are $130 with $25 club fee ($155/seat). I've always said Cajun baseball is the best value in Lafayette.

As an aside to maximize profits, for non-season ticket holders you could probably triple the price of the LSU ticket and still sell as many as you could provide.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Not saying I think its the sole reason, but I think the thought about RCAF donations having more importance it is is pure funding with little/no cost associated with it. I may be wrong, but I think season tickets money is thought to have some cost of doing business associated with it for the event. I wonder how the "profit margin" works out on tickets for the various sports?
    I agree. That is why I suggested earlier that when a point system is put into place, RCAF donations should be worth more than points for ticket purchases. For example: $1 RCAF donation equal to 1 point and each dollar spent on tickets equal to 0.5 point. I just think it would benefit UL athletics to involve (and reward) fans that are not RCAF members.

The profit margin for tickets has to be extremely high if I had to guess. Even if zero fans show up, the university has to turn lights on for the players to play any sport as well as have someone at the gates, concessions, security, etc so that cost is always there regardless of attendence. After that, it would seem like every ticket sold (minus TicketMaster fees) would be mostly all profit.

Just curious, but is there any public information that shows how much people working for RCAF make?

Quote Originally Posted by veedreen View Post
    so will there be any tickets left for us regular fans by the 21st???
    Just my opinion on what I have seen in the past for "highly attended games", the answer would be NO, if you are not an RCAF member.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information