Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wallace named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week

1. Default Wallace named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week

Louisiana, La. – After posting a 3-0 record with a 0.37 ERA (1 er, 19.0 ip) and 42 strikeouts in three starts, sophomore pitcher Jordan Wallace has been named the Sun Belt Conference Player of the Week, as announced by the conference office Monday afternoon.

Default Re: Wallace named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week

42 strike outs in 3 games. She is money. She has also improved her fielding tremendously. Last year I was scared she was going to throw balls hit to her into right field. Great weekend at Lamson.

Geaux Cajuns!!

Congratulations to Ms Wallace! I know we she is a great talent but I was wondering, is there anyone on our team now that can give her a break once in a while. I thought the young lady from Rosepine was also special but she has not yet come back from her injuries. I thought I read that one of our recruits last year was also a good pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    Congratulations to Ms Wallace! I know we she is a great talent but I was wondering, is there anyone on our team now that can give her a break once in a while. I thought the young lady from Rosepine was also special but she has not yet come back from her injuries. I thought I read that one of our recruits last year was also a good pitcher.
    You're talking about Hamilton, and she's back. She pitched in both games against MVSU this weekend.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    You're talking about Hamilton, and she's back. She pitched in both games against MVSU this weekend.
    She had a rough start the first week, making some think she is not fully recovered. She need to return to her freshman year level, and the team needs a third solid support pitcher.

Hamilton will get better as the season progresses.

7. Default Re: Wallace named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week

Agree!

You know I can't remember anytime that the Cajuns haven't had at least one totally dominate pitcher in softball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    She had a rough start the first week, making some think she is not fully recovered. She need to return to her freshman year level, and the team needs a third solid support pitcher.
    She did, but you can also attribute that to not pitching against solid competition in 20+ months. Probably a bit rusty. I think they'll slowly ease her back in.

10. Default Re: Wallace named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    42 strike outs in 3 games.
    Somebody goofed in the SID department. She did not have 42 strikeouts in her three games this week. She had 28 strikeouts (19 innings).

She has 42 strikeouts total on the year (in 28 innings).

Brian

11. Default Re: Wallace named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week

Awesome! She deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Somebody goofed in the SID department. She did not have 42 strikeouts in her three games this week. She had 28 strikeouts (19 innings).

Brian
    I knew it wasn't over the weekend, but I thought she had pitched 3 games this year. Now looking back it was 4 games. Thanks for correcting.

Geaux Cajuns

Here's my thought. I know they try to spread awards around, but I would have put Sarah Draheim as the hitter of the week rather than South Al's Julie Moss. You tell me what you think (both played in five games during the week).

Julie Moss 7/13
    .538 batting average (7/13), 4 RBI, 2 doubles, 1 home run, 7 runs scored, 0 base on balls

Sarah Draheim
    .500 batting average (6/12), 7 RBI, 2 doubles, 2 home runs, and 7 runs scored, 5 bases on balls

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post

Brian
    I knew something wasn't right. That would've been an average of 14 Ks a game.

15. UL Tennis Re: Wallace named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Here's my thought. I know they try to spread awards around, but I would have put Sarah Draheim as the hitter of the week rather than South Al's Julie Moss. You tell me what you think (both played in five games during the week).

Julie Moss 7/13
    .538 batting average (7/13), 4 RBI, 2 doubles, 1 home run, 7 runs scored, 0 base on balls

Sarah Draheim
    .500 batting average (6/12), 7 RBI, 2 doubles, 2 home runs, and 7 runs scored, 5 bases on balls
    Looks like the two played against similar opposition, so Sarah had a slight advantage in overall numbers, but not enough to get crazy over.

http://www.usajaguars.com/schedule.aspx?path=softball

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information