Thread: Baseball rankings

UL Baseball Baseball rankings

We dropped out of the USA Today top 25, I think it's courtesy of the Tulane loss and the game 3 loss to Troy. However, we remain at #23 in the National College Baseball Writers Association poll.

Does the NCBWA poll hold more weight than the others? The name to me seems to imply that.

Just wondering

God Bless

Default Re: Baseball rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    _ We dropped out of the USA Today top 25, I think it's courtesy of the Tulane loss and the game 3 loss to Troy. However, we remain at #23 in the National College Baseball Writers Association poll.

Does the NCBWA poll hold more weight than the others? The name to me seems to imply that.

Just wondering

God Bless _
    I don't know about holding more weight, but they haven't released their poll for this week yet. That is last weeks poll you are looking at. They don't come out with their new one until the end of the day on Monday, or Tuesday.

Last week we were #30 in the COLLEGIATE BASEBALL NEWSPAPER poll, but we dropped out this week.

3. Default Re: Baseball rankings

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    _ I don't know about holding more weight, but they haven't released their poll for this week yet. That is last weeks poll you are looking at. They don't come out with their new one until the end of the day on Monday, or Tuesday.

Last week we were #30 in the COLLEGIATE BASEBALL NEWSPAPER poll, but we dropped out this week. _
    Seems like the ASU series is going to decide the Cajuns' ranking going into the post season, as long as things stay like they are in sun belt play. If the Cajuns take 2 of 3 then they will be ranked from here on out, if they keep winning about 3 out of every 4 sunbelt games. If Cajuns get swept, they will likely not be ranked from here on out. 1 out of 3 will keep things at about the same as they are now, in and out of the rankings depending on whether sweeping or winning 2 of 3 in sunbelt series.

The Tulane game was mid week and should not be so important, but I guess it did carry some weight.

Thread Information