Thread: Streaming on a TREO

Default Streaming on a TREO

Has anyone been able to stream 1420 or 105.1 on a TREO smartphone? If so, what is the URL and player used.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Streaming on a TREO

I have not, but I want the Cingular 8525 for this very reason.

Here are the links directly to the feed/audio pages, let me know if they work, so I don't waste my money getting one if it doesn't

1420AM: http://players.eonstreams.com/FastAi.p?PlayerID=948
    105.1FM: http://players.eonstreams.com/FastAi.p?PlayerID=467
    107.9FM: http://players.eonstreams.com/FastAi.p?PlayerID=468

Let me know.I hope it works for ya!

Default Re: Streaming on a TREO

I've tried those URLs and they don't work. I have two players - KINOMA and PocketTunes 4. I've tried lauching from the 1420 website and that doesn't work and I've tried typing the URL directly into KINOMA (haven't figured out how to do that in PocketTunes) and that doesn't work. I can open other radio stations including KRVS (UL's station). I'm afraid the format KPEL, etc streams in is not compatible which is really disappointing. The new ragincajun website says audio will be available in the future. I'm hoping that will work unless it's just a link to KPEL.

By the way, the Cingular 8525 runs Window mobile, while the TREO is Palm OS so maybe you'll have more luck.

I used to be able to stream 1420's signal on my Sprint Pocket pc 6700 using a program called Resco pocket radio. I don't know which Treo you have (some newer treos run windows) but it runs on window's mobile. I couldn't get it to work with 107.9's feed because they used a flash player on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    I've tried those URLs and they don't work. I have two players - KINOMA and PocketTunes 4. I've tried lauching from the 1420 website and that doesn't work and I've tried typing the URL directly into KINOMA (haven't figured out how to do that in PocketTunes) and that doesn't work. I can open other radio stations including KRVS (UL's station). I'm afraid the format KPEL, etc streams in is not compatible which is really disappointing. The new ragincajun website says audio will be available in the future. I'm hoping that will work unless it's just a link to KPEL.

By the way, the Cingular 8525 runs Window mobile, while the TREO is Palm OS so maybe you'll have more luck.
    • When you go to those URLs, do you get the box on the right asking you for your zip, year of birth, and M/F? If you answer those, is still does not play? Are you going to these links in your media player or in a broswer? Those links HAVE TO BE accessed through a web browser!
    • Those URLs are to the pages with the players.I don't know what the link to the URL it is playing is. I can't seem to figure that out. Maybe Scott P at 1420 could help you with that.
    • Cingular 8525 running Windows Mobile.that's why I want it. I would think it should work. Since it has a version of Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player on it, I really should not have a problem.
    If anyone has a Cingular 8525, 8125 or any PDA with Windows Mobile on it, please let me know if you can hear the 1420AM, 105.1FM, and 107.9FM links posted above!!!

I have tried both ways. When I lauch 'listen live' on the kpel website from the web browser for the treo (Blazer), I answer those questions (gender, etc.) then nothing. When I try to open the url from the player I have (Kinoma), it says 404 not found. I don't think I have the right url. I have emailed both Jay and Stevie P but have received no answer. I have gone to the eonstreams website but have not found a technical support contact. I was hoping someone else had figured it all out. I'll be interested to see if the smartphones running windows mobile are able to stream the kpel stations.

_ I have tried both ways. When I lauch 'listen live' on the kpel website from the web browser for the treo (Blazer), I answer those questions (gender, etc.) then nothing. When I try to open the url from the player I have (Kinoma), it says 404 not found. I don't think I have the right url. I have emailed both Jay and Stevie P but have received no answer. I have gone to the eonstreams website but have not found a technical support contact. I was hoping someone else had figured it all out. I'll be interested to see if the smartphones running windows mobile are able to stream the kpel stations. _
    You guys probaby know more about that stuff than Steve or I do. Try roger.pride@regentcomm.com. Maybe he can help you.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ I have tried both ways. When I lauch 'listen live' on the kpel website from the web browser for the treo (Blazer), I answer those questions (gender, etc.) then nothing. When I try to open the url from the player I have (Kinoma), it says 404 not found. I don't think I have the right url. I have emailed both Jay and Stevie P but have received no answer. I have gone to the eonstreams website but have not found a technical support contact. I was hoping someone else had figured it all out. I'll be interested to see if the smartphones running windows mobile are able to stream the kpel stations. _
    If/when you guys figure it out, let the rest of us know. blackberry is coming out with a new device in the 3Q of this year, and its supposed to be Windows Equipped. I am waiting until then to upgrade my current BB, and if one of the Palm/Cingular/BB streams this stuff better than the others, then that might change my mind.

I took BirdofParadise's advice and emailed roger.pride@regentcomm.com. He told me they were using a new streaming provider for 105.1 and gave me the url (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live.lfm_070410.asx). When I typed this url into my Kinoma player, it worked! When I emailed him back for the url for 1420, he said they didn't have it at this time but were in the process of moving to a new streaming provider and to check back in a couple of weeks and they should have it set up.

I have two players for my treo which uses the palm operating system (Kinoma and Pocket Tunes Deluxe). I never could get the url to work in Pocket Tunes Deluxe. I emailed technical support and they said they don't support windows media streams at this time.

As far as the smartphones that run windows mobile, since these are windows media streams, I would think there would not be a problem now that we know the url.

Whenever I'm able to get the 1420 url, I will repost. Thanks for all the replies.

Sorry, not sure what happened - the url for 105.1 is:

"http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/lafayette/19835/32_lafayette-kpelfm_070410.asx"

11. Default Re: Streaming on a TREO

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau
    If anyone has a Cingular 8525, 8125 or any PDA with Windows Mobile on it, please let me know if you can hear the 1420AM, 105.1FM, and 107.9FM links posted above!!!
    The stream does not work on the 8525, at least on the Cingular internet. I will try the URL provided by reagent broadcasting people on my 8525.

Raginpagin.com does load pretty well on the 8525, though!

12. Default Re: Streaming on a TREO

Quote Originally Posted by jay bee
    _ The stream does not work on the 8525, at least on the Cingular internet. I will try the URL provided by reagent broadcasting people on my 8525.

Raginpagin.com does load pretty well on the 8525, though! _
    I was thinking about making a backdoor entry to RaginPagin.com with no/low graphics for the hand held croud.

Do you think that would be a good idea?

13. Default Re: Streaming on a TREO

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I was thinking about making a backdoor entry to RaginPagin.com with no/low graphics for the hand held croud.

Do you think that would be a good idea?
    It would certainly help. It would be nice to be able to post updates from Cajun Field in the Fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ I was thinking about making a backdoor entry to RaginPagin.com with no/low graphics for the hand held croud.

Do you think that would be a good idea? _
    I think that's a great idea. I hope the new Ragin Cajun website does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jay bee
    The stream does not work on the 8525, at least on the Cingular internet. I will try the URL provided by reagent broadcasting people on my 8525.
    Any luck on this yet? So why don't the links I posted earlier work on the 8525? I would think with it being so Windows based it would have no problems.do you get any error msg?

Thread Information