Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: KADN Fox 15 Newscast at 9pm

Default KADN Fox 15 Newscast at 9pm

Let me say the good first, cuz there is some good. I'm just happy that there's an alternative to channels 3 and 10. I'm especially happy that it's at 9pm so that I can get to bed at a decent hour. News content and coverage seems sufficient.

HOWEVER

(if any of you saw the sportscast on wed. night, u know what i mean)

When your sportscast consists of ONE Lsu story, with not much content and a whole lot of filler, while giving barebones coverage to the saints, and NO COVERAGE!!!!!! to UL, the hometown school, who had a baseball game the same night, is horrible. I've written my letter and mailed it saying that this will lose lots of potential viewers and could crash and burn a new program like that.

I encourage y'all, if you saw the same thing, to write letters. If you watch it in the future, write letters.

Ok, i'm off my soapbox now

Peace and God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: KADN Fox 15 9pm Newscast

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    _ Let me say the good first, cuz there is some good. I'm just happy that there's an alternative to channels 3 and 10. I'm especially happy that it's at 9pm so that I can get to bed at a decent hour. News content and coverage seems sufficient.

HOWEVER

When your sportscast consists of ONE Lsu story, with not much content and a whole lot of filler, while giving barebones coverage to the saints, and NO COVERAGE!!!!!! to UL, the hometown school, who had a baseball game the same night, is horrible. I've written my letter and mailed it saying that this will lose lots of potential viewers and could crash and burn a new program like that.

I encourage y'all, if you saw the same thing, to write letters. If you watch it in the future, write letters.

Peace and God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!! _
    So KADN is about learn what the wrath of militant pepperfan feels like. Here we go with the not enough cajun stories. Maybe KADN realizes that there are tiger fans in its viewing area than tabassco peppers fans?

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    _ So KADN is about learn what the wrath of militant pepperfan feels like. Here we go with the not enough cajun stories. Maybe KADN realizes that there are tiger fans in its viewing area than tabassco peppers fans? _
    So true Eric. KADN knows that big daddy pays the bills. How's the transition to Lafayette coming along? Did daddy send you some money to help with your first few months of rent?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Let me say the good first, cuz there is some good. I'm just happy that there's an alternative to channels 3 and 10. I'm especially happy that it's at 9pm so that I can get to bed at a decent hour. News content and coverage seems sufficient.

HOWEVER

Peace and God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!! _
    Long before my move from Lafayette to houston last year, I gave up watching local news. Everything about the news in lafayette sucks, from the formats, to the anchors, everything. but that's what you get when you're in a small market, so not a big deal, i don't have to watch it.

but if TV10 was left with struggling by with Chuck Hubner and that fat pervert who does the sports, and TV3 was left with Hoyt Harris and that merry band of amatuers on the weekends, after all these years, even though both stations have been around for decades, and are mainstays in Lafayette.then i can only imagine what gaggle of idiots that Fox could hire to come in and read the prompts on a new newscast, who nobody'll watch religiously anyway because they're still trynig to catch their CSI's and Boston Legals, etc.

So KADN is about learn what the wrath of militant pepperfan feels like. Here we go with the not enough cajun stories. Maybe KADN realizes that there are tiger fans in its viewing area than tabassco peppers fans?
    It is my understanding that the Fox newscast is simultaneously broadcast in BR and Lafayette. It is a regional, not local program. As more folks live in BR, they will give the Lafayette area second billing. Your letter may remind them that there are some folks who care about other things than the Saints and LSU. In BR, 95% of the fans think that while it is about 90% in New Orleans. In New Orleans, about 8% care about Tulane while 2% care about UNO.

ok, I get the point about it being "regional". But regardless, isn't the newscast based in Lafayette, and thus should give lafayette proper and primary billing? After all, the "news" portion of the broadcast focused on Lafayette, and there was nothing about Baton Rouge in there. So why when the news is about lafayette, does the sportscast focus on BR?

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ Long before my move from Lafayette to houston last year, I gave up watching local news. Everything about the news in lafayette sucks, from the formats, to the anchors, everything. but that's what you get when you're in a small market, so not a big deal, i don't have to watch it.

but if TV10 was left with struggling by with Chuck Hubner and that fat pervert who does the sports, and TV3 was left with Hoyt Harris and that merry band of amatuers on the weekends, after all these years, even though both stations have been around for decades, and are mainstays in Lafayette.then i can only imagine what gaggle of idiots that Fox could hire to come in and read the prompts on a new newscast, who nobody'll watch religiously anyway because they're still trynig to catch their CSI's and Boston Legals, etc. _
    Cajun fans, don't complain too much. We have no TV stations, other than local gov't stations.

ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox all out of Nashville. They rarely, if ever, say a word about MT.

It is Titans, Vols, Preds, Vandy, Nascar, and then maybe us (if Belmont, Lipscomb, and Tennessee State aren't in the running).

But I bet it "is" frustrating for you, since your stations are right there in Acadiana.

We have just one radio station. Nashville dominates the media.

8. Default Re: KADN Fox 15 9pm Newscast

_ So KADN is about learn what the wrath of militant pepperfan feels like. Here we go with the not enough cajun stories. Maybe KADN realizes that there are tiger fans in its viewing area than tabassco peppers fans? _
    Did you take your Persian cat lovin behind to the Grand and watch the movie 300 like you were told? There might be more brainwashed Persians than the 300 Spartan Cajuns but those Persians don't even know they are being led with a nose ring. Did you have your Persian Cat party in Acadiana yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    _ So true Eric. KADN knows that big daddy pays the bills. How's the transition to Lafayette coming along? Did daddy send you some money to help with your first few months of rent? _
    whatever old man, typical cajunfan go no the attack. Pepperfan remind me of Jesse jackson and Rev AL, always complaining about being a "victim", maybe you guys should consider that no one cares about ULL sports.

Long before my move from Lafayette to houston last year, I gave up watching local news. Everything about the news in lafayette sucks, from the formats, to the anchors, everything. but that's what you get when you're in a small market, so not a big deal, i don't have to watch it.

but if TV10 was left with struggling by with Chuck Hubner and that fat pervert who does the sports, and TV3 was left with Hoyt Harris and that merry band of amatuers on the weekends, after all these years, even though both stations have been around for decades, and are mainstays in Lafayette.then i can only imagine what gaggle of idiots that Fox could hire to come in and read the prompts on a new newscast, who nobody'll watch religiously anyway because they're still trynig to catch their CSI's and Boston Legals, etc.
    Everyone is entiteld to their opinion. But why the personal attack on George Faust? That's some pretty strong language you used. I don't know him personally, but from all accounts, I've heard that he's a nice guy who works hard, like most of us.

If you have that much of a problem with the guy, or the way he does his job, take it up with him personally. Don't call him names behind an internet identity.

In case you were wondering why I took an interest, my pop is the general manager at TV 10. He has worked there for as long as I can remember. And from the time that I was a little boy, I've watched him put his blood, sweat, and tears into making that station excellent.

His work has paid off. Under his mamagement, the station has earned the Louisiana Association of Broadcasters station of the year honor 6 out of the last 12 years (I think), in addition to numerous other honors including Best Newscast. Of course, your knowledge and expertise in the field of broadcasting far exceeds that of the Louisiana Association of Broadcasters and all other media associations that have granted awards to either TV 10 or TV 3.

I know lots of good people at TV 10 who work their butts off. And I'm sure there are many similar people at TV 3 who work just as hard. When you say "everything about the news in Lafayette sucks," you are saying that all of those people suck, how pompous.

Like I said earlier, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But sometimes having class means that you keep it to yourself. In this instance, your comment exhibited a lack of class. And its classless nature does not change, regardless of whether you're a hamburger flipper or a corporate media executive.

Michael L. Barras

ET, please go back to middle school and retake english. Your grammar not only annoys me, it simply SUCKS! Otherwise, have fun being a cotton candy vendor at LSU football games. I'm sure that was your dream job anyway.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by campo118
    _ ET, please go back to middle school and retake english. Your grammar not only annoys me, it simply SUCKS! Otherwise, have fun being a cotton candy vendor at LSU football games. I'm sure that was your dream job anyway. _
    Hey Barras, campo just criticized someone and gave his opinion. Chastise him and call him classless.

whatever old man, typical cajunfan go no the attack. Pepperfan remind me of Jesse jackson and Rev AL, always complaining about being a "victim", maybe you guys should consider that no one cares about UL sports.
    Maybe you should consider that no one care about your posts.

Get another hobby besides collecting negative rep here.

Hey Barras, campo just criticized someone and gave his opinion. Chastise him and call him classless.
    Campo criticized someone who continuously comes on this board, a UL board, and bashes UL. I would be willing to bet that he did so because he cares about UL. I care about some of the people that you, under your internet identity, harshly and broadly criticized. And yes, your criticism was classless.

Since you use my name let's see yours. Or are you afraid that those who you first chastised will find out who you are?

Let me say the good first, cuz there is some good. I'm just happy that there's an alternative to channels 3 and 10. I'm especially happy that it's at 9pm so that I can get to bed at a decent hour. News content and coverage seems sufficient.

HOWEVER

Peace and God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why give them that much to contemplate?

Do what I do. Watch something else. Is another news broadcast really needed in this market?

I'd rather watch the reruns of that 70's show (or at least the promos for it that they seem to run constantly "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOOKS")

Not really.

I don't even watch the local 10pm news, not with the Daily Show and Colbert.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information