Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: KADN Fox 15 Newscast at 9pm

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: KADN Fox 15 9pm Newscast

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove
    _ Campo criticized someone who continuously comes on this board, a UL board, and bashes UL. I would be willing to bet that he did so because he cares about UL. I care about some of the people that you, under your internet identity, harshly and broadly criticized. And yes, your criticism was classless.

Since you use my name let's see yours. Or are you afraid that those who you first chastised will find out who you are? _
    Why would I be afraid for someone to know who i am? Am i to think that the news mafia is gonna track me down and break my legs? that would NOT be a classy thing to do.

And lets be straight. I never said that all people involved with the news sucked, you did. to be honest, I did say 'everything', but i really couldn't care less about the camera guys or the producers. I mentioned the format because it used to be that the crime report came on, then the weather, then the sports. the last time i tried to watch it, there was a small weather report, then a real weather report, sports blew, and the crime report was the usual crime report.

I was more or less referring to the fact that when i see a local news anchor, not just in lafayette.but lafayette has its share, i am largely unentertained and unimpressed. Chuck Huebner may be a nice guy and a hard worker, I don't dispute that, but when i see him on TV, i normally change the channel. Perhaps its because i'm not a big fan of the cliche' personality that most news personalities have. its things like when an anchor turns to weather guy and says, "Hey weather guy, thanks for holding the rain off until after the weekend, HaHaHaHa." Or when there is a cooking segment on the morning show, and the one host says to the other, "Hey bob, try not to burn the kitchen down this time, HaHaHaHa." Its pretty jive stuff, and to me it sucks. Nobody in real life ever acts like that so why do nes people do it. why don't they just act like themselves?

So forgive me for not clarifying my comments when i said them. i didn't think anyone would give a crap enough to pick apart everything i said. I was just trying to make a point that FOX obviously isn't going to do any better than what the other two have, but it would be hard for them to do worse.

--Chris Guidry

Oh and a buddy and I did run into BF GF at a golf tourny once. Calling him a perv may be a bit strong, you're right, but if i just met two guys for the first time, and talked to them for no more than 4 or 5 minutes, I would probably keep most comments to myself, especially if my if big ol' mug was on TV every night.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Perhaps its because i'm not a big fan of the cliche' personality that most news personalities have. its things like when an anchor turns to weather guy and says, "Hey weather guy, thanks for holding the rain off until after the weekend, HaHaHaHa." Or when there is a cooking segment on the morning show, and the one host says to the other, "Hey bob, try not to burn the kitchen down this time, HaHaHaHa." Its pretty jive stuff, and to me it sucks. Nobody in real life ever acts like that so why do nes people do it. why don't they just act like themselves?
    I'm with you on that. Some "genius" marketing firm came up with the bright idea of unscripted banter. It's is cliche'd and if done poorly, is down right unwatchable. But nobody just reads the f'ing news anymore. Which is bad.

To give credit and to contradict myself, at least Tom Voinche/Tracy Writz actually do a very good job with banter. Mostly because TV is a naturally funny person and TW seems to be as well. I think with these two, they are "acting like themselves"

Lori Meaux Steele is a very good news reader. When she goes off the 'prompter, it just feels forced with her.

I still rather the news read straight. If I want to be entertained, I'll turn on the Daily Show.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Why would I be afraid for someone to know who i am? Am i to think that the news mafia is gonna track me down and break my legs? that would NOT be a classy thing to do.

And lets be straight. I never said that all people involved with the news sucked, you did. to be honest, I did say 'everything', but i really couldn't care less about the camera guys or the producers. I mentioned the format because it used to be that the crime report came on, then the weather, then the sports. the last time i tried to watch it, there was a small weather report, then a real weather report, sports blew, and the crime report was the usual crime report.

I was more or less referring to the fact that when i see a local news anchor, not just in lafayette.but lafayette has its share, i am largely unentertained and unimpressed. Chuck Huebner may be a nice guy and a hard worker, I don't dispute that, but when i see him on TV, i normally change the channel. Perhaps its because i'm not a big fan of the cliche' personality that most news personalities have. its things like when an anchor turns to weather guy and says, "Hey weather guy, thanks for holding the rain off until after the weekend, HaHaHaHa." Or when there is a cooking segment on the morning show, and the one host says to the other, "Hey bob, try not to burn the kitchen down this time, HaHaHaHa." Its pretty jive stuff, and to me it sucks. Nobody in real life ever acts like that so why do nes people do it. why don't they just act like themselves?

So forgive me for not clarifying my comments when i said them. i didn't think anyone would give a crap enough to pick apart everything i said. I was just trying to make a point that FOX obviously isn't going to do any better than what the other two have, but it would be hard for them to do worse.

--Chris Guidry

Oh and a buddy and I did run into BF GF at a golf tourny once. Calling him a perv may be a bit strong, you're right, but if i just met two guys for the first time, and talked to them for no more than 4 or 5 minutes, I would probably keep most comments to myself, especially if my if big ol' mug was on TV every night.
    My request for you to reveal your identity was to see if you had any spine whatsoever. I guess you have some. Everyone has their reasons for liking or disliking something. Being straight, my problem was with your sweeping statement that "everything about the news and lafayette sucks." If you have a problem with local news in general, so be it.

However, when you generally insult something or someone (Ex: ____ sucks + no reasoning) in a public forum, you will get the attention of people who are associated with whatever or whomever you're insulting. Most of the time, those people will give a crap enough to pick apart your insults. I have friends who are news directors and producers. I took exception to their work, as well as the work of my Dad being blasted by you.

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinetiger
    _ whatever old man, typical cajunfan go no the attack. Pepperfan remind me of Jesse jackson and Rev AL, always complaining about being a "victim", maybe you guys should consider that no one cares about UL sports. _
    dude why do you care?

do you have nothing better to do? oh yea i forgot pu__y cat fans don't go to baseball games when they suck

5. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: KADN Fox 15 9pm Newscast

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns67
    _ dude why do you care?

do you have nothing better to do? oh yea i forgot pu__y cat fans don't go to baseball games when they suck _
    1900 plus Sunday after getting beat by the second worse team in the SEC over the weekend. EV is dying for July 31st so he can crawl into his comfort zone. In the meantime he keeps reminding us exactly how much he does care about UL sports because frankly if he did not care he would not bother posting. I am sure he does not care in a positive way, but he cares!

_ whatever old man, typical cajunfan go no the attack. Pepperfan remind me of Jesse jackson and Rev AL, always complaining about being a "victim", maybe you guys should consider that no one cares about UL sports. _
    What,was it not you that inserted yourself into this thread? Like most small town puke lovers, you really believe that people will love you more because you are a tiger fan. Why would you even comment about KADN, does Eunice even have cable?

Check the thread politcal geek, I made no complaint about LSU. I did pull your string about still being a financial drain on your parents. Let us know when you get a real job, and not a glorified errand boy for the local Republican Party Office.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Dang, I think we are running out of options with you. I'm not much of a Rev Sharpton fan. but he did just help take Don Imus off the air. could we get him down here and run you off this board?

Seriously, there are really only 20 UL sports fans. What can I say? You figured us out. If you give your name and address to Turbine, he will send you a prize. Your mission has been accomplished. You may go away now. Any chance of that working?

8. Default Re: KADN Fox 15 9pm Newscast

always complaining about being a "victim", maybe you guys should consider that no one cares about UL sports. _
    One day Tigger boy, one day. I dont know how, but one day!

I thought it was alright. Not to say our other newscasts are top quality, but they are much better than some others around the country.

10. Default Re: KADN Fox 15 9pm Newscast

I don't have a problem with any of the local casts.

However I really like the Fox studio set, I think it's the best in the state.

Makes me feel like I am watching a UL broadcast.

"LOUISIANA FOX"

11. Default Re: KADN Fox 15 9pm Newscast

I think it has been said before but I will say it again. . .

This is a STATE WIDE broadcast trying to please the Baton Rouge, Acadiana, and Shreveport markets.

I don't know exactly how it works but it is my understanding the local news is local to each market but the sports news is simulcast.

From a personal standpoint it might be more enjoyable to watch an all UL all the time broadcast but this is not a local paper shirking its responsibility. It is a state wide TV broadcast and the responsibilities are different.

In the big picture UL is getting extra publicity in new markets such as Baton Rouge and Shreveport for the first time in history.

A good trade if you ask me.

Default Re: KADN Fox 15 Newscast at 9pm

I also seemed to have noticed better coverage of UL stuff since my last complaint I posted. Further realizing it's statewide makes this better coverage of UL even better

God Bless

13. Sunbelt Re: KADN Fox 15 Newscast at 9pm

I'm glad you're enjoying the sportscasts. And we're just getting started. Ragin' Cajuns coverage will continue to improve as time goes on.

Chris Mycoskie
    FOX News Louisiana

Default Re: KADN Fox 15 Newscast at 9pm

Quote Originally Posted by wvla-wgmb
    _ I'm glad you're enjoying the sportscasts. And we're just getting started. Ragin' Cajuns coverage will continue to improve as time goes on.

Chris Mycoskie
    FOX News Louisiana _
    You do know that your competitor stations at KATC and KLFY do leave out the city tag when referring to our school during their sportscast. That policy is something most Cajun fans applaud. Your station not doing so puts you at a disadvantage with those stations in the Acadiana area. I understand that your broadcast has more of a regional aspect and you have to consider the views of those who live out of the area when making decisions. Regardless, it is a disadvantage you have here. To overcome it, you will have to offer higher quality coverage of Cajun sports

Ragin' Cajuns Re: KADN Fox 15 Newscast at 9pm

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    _ You do know that your competitor stations at KATC and KLFY do leave out the city tag when referring to our school during their sportscast. That policy is something most Cajun fans applaud. Your station not doing so puts you at a disadvantage with those stations in the Acadiana area. I understand that your broadcast has more of a regional aspect and you have to consider the views of those who live out of the area when making decisions. Regardless, it is a disadvantage you have here. To overcome it, you will have to offer higher quality coverage of Cajun sports _
    As a Cajun Fan, I must agree, that using the tag I turn the channel. A station based in Lafayette talking about the Cajuns and you want to use lafayette, not good.

Only the University when sending out mail, talking about itself must use the tag at some point. However the media is free to do and say as it pleases. A very smart choice would be to use Louisiana, as your majority of your viewers will be Cajun fans and advertisers.

DaddyCajun

ps I have yet to see your broadcast, but will try to watch it soon, old habits are hard to break and if you continue to use the tag you will never get my family and friends to watch you. You support us and we will support you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information