Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2007 The Joey Dudley parking saga

1. Default 2007 The Joey Dudley parking saga

Has anyone heard about Joey Dudley? He's our Parking and Transit Director. He was on the news accused of stealing thousands of dollars in monies from parking tickets. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything more about it, all I've really heard is that he got arrested, and that the UL Police have been investigating him since January.

I always knew those parking tickets were bull. KATC interviewed a student about it, who said, "The parking tickets are like trophies people keep in there dorms." Nobody takes them that seriously.

Default Re: Joey Dudley

wow this is the first i hear of this, i know who he is, didnt know this was going on though

3. Default Director of parking arrested at UL

UL — The University of Louisiana’s Parking and Transit Director was booked on theft charges this week for allegedly stealing money from the university’s parking program.

William “Joey” Dudley, 41, was arrested Tuesday on campus. He will be put on administrative leave with pay, UL Director of Public Relations Julie Simon-Dronet said.

UL Police Chief Ray Lucas said that the cash theft was allegedly from one of the three sources of income in the department — parking fines, pay lots and parking stickers. He said he would not specify which source until the investigation is complete.

The rest of the story

By CORY BIRDSONG
    Special to The Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander
    Has anyone heard about Joey Dudley? He's our Parking and Transit Director. He was on the news accused of stealing thousands of dollars in monies from parking tickets. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything more about it, all I've really heard is that he got arrested, and that the UL Police have been investigating him since January.

I always knew those parking tickets were bull. KATC interviewed a student about it, who said, "The parking tickets are like trophies people keep in there dorms." Nobody takes them that seriously.
    Well I want my money back from all the tickets me and the ole aspire got back in my college days

5. Default Re: Joey Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander

When I was in college, I didn't take them that seriously eitheruntil they put a boot on my car. It took a $480 check to pay off my debt, which isn't all that terrible considering it was for 5 semesters worth of parking tickets. Some people pay up to $200 a semester to park, so I figured that paying an average of just under $100 a semester to park wasn't that bad. Plus, I parked in some pretty good spots. I figured that if I am going to get a ticket, that I might as well get the most bang for my buck.

Tickets were $10 a pop when I was in school. I think they have since doubled to $20 a ticket now, which is ridiculous.

Yes, they are $20 a pop now. In the old days, if you didn't register your vehicle with the university they couldn't do you anything because they didn't know who you were. Then, a few years back they hooked up with the DMV and run your plates. Now, if you dont pay your tickets you dont get your schedule for the next semester.

i used to put the same parking ticket back on my window and that worked for a while. I also never registered my vehicle with the university. Also if you went in the out of griffin hall my car could fit through the gap around the arm so i just parked in there for free.

UL Baseball Re: Joey Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Choppie29
    When I was in college, I didn't take them that seriously eitheruntil they put a boot on my car. It took a $480 check to pay off my debt, which isn't all that terrible considering it was for 5 semesters worth of parking tickets. Some people pay up to $200 a semester to park, so I figured that paying an average of just under $100 a semester to park wasn't that bad. Plus, I parked in some pretty good spots. I figured that if I am going to get a ticket, that I might as well get the most bang for my buck.

Tickets were $10 a pop when I was in school. I think they have since doubled to $20 a ticket now, which is ridiculous.
    I don`t know what kind of boot they have these days, but back in the 80`s if you let most of the air out of your tires you could get the boot off.

9. Default Re: Joey Dudley

I have donated $20 on more than one occasion.

I was donating my time doing Edith Dupre' research on the history of ULSports for the .net community.

I just wish they would have sent my parking donations to ULAthletics.

10. Default Re: Joey Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I have donated $20 on more than one occasion.

I was donating my time doing Edith Dupre' research on the history of ULSports for the .net community.

I just wish they would have sent my parking donations to ULAthletics.
    For all the publicity that you have provided to the public about UL, and your unquestionable support of the University, I am of the opinion that they should provide you, free of charge, with a parking pass annually for any restricted parking area on campus. Its the least they can do for the hours you devote in researching subjects that place the University in the limelight.

as a former worker for Mr. Dudley, it wasnt the parking ticket money he was stealing, it was from the paylots were there was lots of money coming in daily. He was always a very nice guy, very religious, never thought he would have done such a thing, what is really dumb is that it gives all the illegal parkers just one more reason to make things worse. Anyways go cajun baseball, cmon football season, and may everyone who parks illegally get herpes.

Default Re: UL Students Scramble to Secure Scarce Parking Spaces

There is plenty of parking on campus.always has been. It's called Cajun Field. The bus ride isn't bad but you know people want what they want and they want it now. That's where I came in. Parking Nazi deluxe. You learned to sterotype cars.Greeks, jacked up little dick trucks, jeeps, hoopties, etc. Those are always the kind of people you find just oblivious to any sort of structure for what they can and can't do. And.Athletes. I towed Hollie Tankersly several times cause she refused to buy a sticker for her little black.Acrua I think it was. Just doing my job.though I want to think that all the rage and frustration I caused her made her hit more long balls.

Parking on campus is a free for all most of the time. These are college students, for the most part they are all somewhat intelligent. You have to outsmart them. Hell we busted a fake ID card ring when somebody had the bright idea of putting Stokes residents in the gated lot next to Madison Hall. They would Xerox the bar code and it would work, so they started selling the copied cards. So we went and staked out in our personal vehicles and waited for anyone to swipe in without a parking sticker. Let them park.walk away from their vehicle.and then call in their license plate to see if they were registered or not. If not registered.they got towed. We got called from one of the residents who sold their scanned card to someone who got towed. He was very angry that we were ruining his business opportunity and that we should be allowing this to continue because he played Football and Troy Wingerter said it was OK. I want to say it was Abdul Levier.or a Bustle running back that I cannot remember the name. Needless to say Wingerter was less than impressed at this and vowed to make him.and I quote."run so hard he will be ____ting and puking at the same time." Just one of the fun stories of being a Parking Nazi and collecting a check while making everyone's life a living hell.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    There is plenty of parking on campus.always has been. It's called Cajun Field. The bus ride isn't bad but you know people want what they want and they want it now. That's where I came in. Parking Nazi deluxe. You learned to sterotype cars.Greeks, jacked up little dick trucks, jeeps, hoopties,
    etc. Those are always the kind of people you find just oblivious to any sort of structure for what they can and can't do. And.Athletes. I towed Hollie Tankersly several times cause she refused to buy a sticker for her little black.Acrua I think it was. Just doing my job.though I want to think that all the rage and frustration I caused her made her hit more long balls.

Parking on campus is a free for all most of the time. These are college students, for the most part they are all somewhat intelligent. You have to outsmart them. Hell we busted a fake ID card ring when somebody had the bright idea of putting Stokes residents in the gated lot next to Madison Hall. They would Xerox the bar code and it would work, so they started selling the copied cards. So we went and staked out in our personal vehicles and waited for anyone to swipe in without a parking sticker. Let them park.walk away from their vehicle.and then call in their license plate to see if they were registered or not. If not registered.they got towed. We got called from one of the residents who sold their scanned card to someone who got towed. He was very angry that we were ruining his business opportunity and that we should be allowing this to continue because he played Football and Troy Wingerter said it was OK. I want to say it was Abdul Levier.or a Bustle running back that I cannot remember the name. Needless to say Wingerter was less than impressed at this and vowed to make him.and I quote."run so hard he will be ____ting and puking at the same time." Just one of the fun stories of being a Parking Nazi and collecting a check while making everyone's life a living

Could you be any more of a nice guy?

Default Re: UL Students Scramble to Secure Scarce Parking Spaces

Agreed. Except Douche bag might be too weak.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    There is plenty of parking on campus.always has been. It's called Cajun Field. The bus ride isn't bad but you know people want what they want and they want it now. That's where I came in. Parking Nazi deluxe. You learned to sterotype cars.Greeks, jacked up little dick trucks, jeeps, hoopties, etc. Those are always the kind of people you find just oblivious to any sort of structure for what they can and can't do. And.Athletes. I towed Hollie Tankersly several times cause she refused to buy a sticker for her little black.Acrua I think it was. Just doing my job.though I want to think that all the rage and frustration I caused her made her hit more long balls.

Parking on campus is a free for all most of the time. These are college students, for the most part they are all somewhat intelligent. You have to outsmart them. Hell we busted a fake ID card ring when somebody had the bright idea of putting Stokes residents in the gated lot next to Madison Hall. They would Xerox the bar code and it would work, so they started selling the copied cards. So we went and staked out in our personal vehicles and waited for anyone to swipe in without a parking sticker. Let them park.walk away from their vehicle.and then call in their license plate to see if they were registered or not. If not registered.they got towed. We got called from one of the residents who sold their scanned card to someone who got towed. He was very angry that we were ruining his business opportunity and that we should be allowing this to continue because he played Football and Troy Wingerter said it was OK. I want to say it was Abdul Levier.or a Bustle running back that I cannot remember the name. Needless to say Wingerter was less than impressed at this and vowed to make him.and I quote."run so hard he will be ____ting and puking at the same time." Just one of the fun stories of being a Parking Nazi and collecting a check while making everyone's life a living hell.
    No offense to Cajunhawk, but hopefully that department has been cleaned up in recent years at the top. 2 or 3 heads of parking and transit in a row got arrested for skimming money from ticket fines in the early 2000's.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information