Portland State Football has hired Bobby April as inside linebackers coach for the coming season. April has also been assigned as the special teams coordinator by Viking Head Coach Jerry Glanville.

April spent the past two seasons as a graduate assistant at Tulane. April assisted the defensive staff, worked with the defensive line and the scout team at Tulane. He also put together play breakdowns and tendency and scouting reports.

“Bobby April started watching and studying film on special teams when he was nine years old. It’s hard to find anybody in America who thinks the extra point block is the greatest play in football, but Bobby is that guy,” said Glanville. “His knowledge in the kicking game surpasses that of college football. His knowledge is that of an NFL special teams coach.”

“It’s an awesome experience for me because Coach Glanville brought my dad into the (NFL) with the Atlanta Falcons,” said April. “For me to be able to do the same with Coach Glanville here is a dream come true. As I watched him as a coach while I was growing up, it gave me a goal to achieve, so I’m excited to get the opportunity to start with him here.”

The rest of the story