Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Facility Improvements

Default Props to SGA & UPC

They are doing good on the name recognition and student awareness fronts.

Leadership like that is going to be THE key.

Keep up the good work, y'all!

2. Louisiana Campus Hotel, Athletic Complex, Parking Garage

It has been four years since final approval. Now the Hotel near CajunBasin is soon to be built. There is also buzz of a 3 story athletic complex getting some attention. The parking garage between the Swamp and the CajunDome (The Stump) is supposed to be high on the list as well.

A lot of money is soon to be spent around CajunBasin, here is what I would like to see.

A single building located between the Dome and the Football field, in the area that straddles Reinhart Drive and the pedestrian tunnel. That’s correct smack dab over a functioning Reinhart Drive.

The building would end up being taller than the CajunDome and would house a world class hotel, with several floors reserved for offices and the athletic department. Integrated seamlessly would be an internal parking garage. All topped off with a rotating restaurant at the top.

By straddling Reinhart Drive there would be easy pedestrian exit to either side whether for the CajunDome, Cajun Field or anywhere in CajunBasin. It would take up a minimum of valuable land, and be an incredible landmark for recruiting purposes.

For the parking lot portion, I envision round the clock valet parking for the hotels guests, and restaurant patrons. While I would expect self-parking for students who arrive to get on one of the busses that regularly rotate through Reinhart Drive. Self-parking would also be the order of the day for benefactors (attendees) of athletic events.

Potential uses

3. The restaurant could be used for a reopening of the culinary school.
  4. This could be a great location for the Student Union bookstore, but also a University of Louisiana gift shop and other stores that would be sure to be frequented at all times but especially on game day.

With a landmark of this sort in the past we most certainly would have landed the Saints preseason camp and undoubtedly would win many a convention contract in the future.

I could go on and on and yes there surely are a lot of nuances I have not considered. One of those would be the architectural rumination that I have not considered such as how to keep the hotel dignified? On that subject I do know that architectural firms in large cities have conquered this problem. Finally I think the one building could be built much cheaper and payoff in the many ways each portion requires than if the three buildings were to be built separately.

5. Default

and I thought I was a big thinker.

Ambitious? Add athletic dorms while you are at it.

7. Default

Originally posted by ChanceEncounter
    and I thought I was a big thinker.
    Gotta think big.

Louisiana

Does "The Big Ragoo" look like that picture that always comes up in his posts? Is that a picture of him??

9. Default

Originally posted by RedBug58
    Does "The Big Ragoo" look like that picture that always comes up in his posts? Is that a picture of him??
    No that is A.C.Morris 1921. The picture is taken from John Zants SLII mural on the upper concourse at The Swamp.

10. UL Football picture

the big ragoo actually looks much better than that, but like the picture, the big ragoo also totally white eyeballs (albino).

11. Default

I just noticed that the sketches at the beginning of this thread were from a year ago but have all been completed.

I can remember the days when a sketch meant 5 or 6 years from now.

What happened to "The Big Ragoo"???

We do not hear from him anymore.

What happened to "The Big Ragoo"???

We do not hear from him anymore.
    Good question! :confused:

Default improvements

It will be good to finally see some construction start, I think people want to see dirt moving, bricks moving, etc.

I would like to also see that the fire is still burning under the indoor facility, to me that is one of the biggest recruiting tools (my opinion)

Construction is set to start Monday November 17th on the Locker rooms, weightroom, training rooms!!!!!

Approx 6mths for the indoor facility a lot of work involved especially with the new additions from when it was first drawn up!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!!

Have you made your $100 donation 100% tax write off for the Gateway project!! We are approx 1/3 there!!!!!

i haven't forgotten, i will be there at some point. thank you. "GEAUX CAJUNS."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information